• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car Cover Maintanence

I need to wash my factory car cover, is there a preferred method to clean and dry?

Take it to a commercial laundromat and use one of their special oversized washers. Use Woolite.

If you dry it in a dryer there, don't use the hot setting. Or, take it home wet, cover the car, and let it dry out on the car.

i need to do it, too... does it wash any of the rain repellant off?

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108

If the Acura car cover is made of Evolution 3 or 4 - one of those layered fabrics that feels kind of like felt or soft cardboard - then it's not any kind of rain repellent that will wash off; it's the fabric itself that prevents rain from going through, so you don't have to worry about it washing off.

[This message has been edited by Forums Nazi (edited 01 April 2002).]

Originally posted by POWERED by HONDA:
Won't that harm the paint?

No. What harms the paint is if you use a car cover that can't breath (e.g. a vinyl tarp), that traps moisture under it for extended periods of time. The Acura cover, and most quality car covers, are made of breathable fabric that let any moisture underneath evaporate.

Back