• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CAR magazine reports....NO MORE NSX...S2K !!!

26000 light years from the nearest black hole
CAR Magazine (UK) reports on page 11 of the November issue, "Honda: Sports car armageddon - Plans for the NSX MkII are dropped signalling Honda's imminent retreat from high performance products."

The article goes on to say that the future of all performace oriented Hondas, from sports cars to Type-R versions, are under threat stating, "[t]he bottom line is that the company anticipates greater returns by concentrating on other models, especially MPVs and SUVs in America and China, than by pumping time and cash into low volume techly sportsters."

Take this FWIW and with more than a grain of salt IMO. Honda is a performance company. I cannot see them not produce sports cars. It is in their blood.

Is it worth it for them to continue to make S2000's and NSX's? Do they make enough money to warrant continued production?

I, for one, hope they do stop production. That would make our cars even more rare since they will not make anymore. But I so find it sad if they do stop making these great cars. To see a new generation NSX and S2000 would be awesome. Thusfar, they have been minor tweaks for "new" models.

It's not the issue of worth in the financial sense. It is more in the line of showing the public what Honda can do. An example is of course the NSX, by producing such a machine in the early ‘90s; the goal was to show the world how advance the marquee is.

The issue of Honda not producing another NSX is ridicules. It may not have the same name, but I am confident that it will again make its competitor nervous.

Back