• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car Transport Companies: Feedback Request

All - If all goes well, I will be an NSX owner on Wednesday. But the car is located in California and I live in Dallas. So the search of a transport company has begun.

I have researched the prices and services the following have to offer:
Passport Transport (http://www.passporttransport.com)
Exotic Car Transport (http://www.exoticcartransport.com)
Intercity Lines, Inc(http://www.intercitylines.com)
Horseless Carriage Carriers, Inc (http://www.horselesscarriage.com)
National Auto Transport
VIP Transport, Inc (no web page; didn't check them out)
Newman Transport (didn't like their website)

I am leaning toward Exotic Car Transport, with Intercity Lines a VERY close 2nd.

If you could chime in with your experience/opinion, I would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully, people will reference this thread as one of the main feedback threads on transporing their cherished rides.

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

Dont get DAS!! my friend had his shipped to Tx from Minnesota and they scratched the rear spoiler..freakin 2-3 inch scratch.. they reimburced though but still!

Can I chime in with a suggestion? Fly to California and drive it back. A 2000 mile journey in an NSX is *epic*.

-Bob

Intercity just picked up the bumblebee for trip #4 no problems as yet.

Originally posted by docjohn:
Intercity just picked up the bumblebee for trip #4 no problems as yet.

I like the name "Bumblebee" I wonder if anyone gonna call their car "Fairlady?"
smile.gif

------------------
the art of chasing down my friend's white 3000gt at com. ave

NSXCA # 1690 "Sabrina"

I use Passport all of the time. They are reliable, no BS on delivery times, and while not the cheapest, not the most expensive either. I buy and sell cars all over, and ship them to and from. I choose Passport due to the lack of BS excuses i get as compared with all of the others I've used.

Steve www.thelastdetail.com

Originally posted by Eggman:

I am leaning toward Exotic Car Transport, with Intercity Lines a VERY close 2nd.

If you could chime in with your experience/opinion, I would greatly appreciate it. Hopefully, people will reference this thread as one of the main feedback threads on transporing their cherished rides.

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

I used Intercity Lines and found they gave me the white glove treatment. The drivers were owner operators(very nice couple) and even had hardwood floors in the truck! The electric liftgate meant no ramps. Door to door service and arrived a few days earlier than scheduled. Would use again in a heartbeat.
John Richards
BTW, If you need me to, I can be there when the truck is loading the car. This would be just to make sure there is no damage and inspect the car, so it is the same condition as represented before it gets to you.

Sold a car a few years ago to a gentleman in California. He arranged Passport for the transport. As the seller, I was most impressed with the professionalism from their driver. They were on time for the pickup and treated the car great. Spent as much time as it took to load it carefully, document the inventory of spares and record the condition as received.
I thought to myself that I would not hesitate to use them for my own needs.

Originally posted by ANYTIME:
BTW, If you need me to, I can be there when the truck is loading the car. This would be just to make sure there is no damage and inspect the car, so it is the same condition as represented before it gets to you.

John - Once again, thanks for helping out a (soon to be) NSX enthusiast. I will definitely give you a call. By the way, I am going to be in Cali tomorrow around 200pm to check it out. I will probably go to the nearest dealership located in Ventura. Do you want to meet up for an inspection "party"? We can meet either at the dealership or at the seller's location. And if so, make sure to bring your NSX!!!!
smile.gif
If that's your yellow one, it sure looks nice.

Thanks again,
Chris.

I bought my NSX in Dallas and had it shipped here by a company in Dallas called Gator Transport. A friend of mine is an exotic broker and he uses them all the time. They did a good job. Cost $400.00 from Dallas to Gonzales, LA.(Between Baton Rouge & New Orleans)Hope this helps! Congrats on the NSX!!

Be careful of Exotic Car Transport. I had my NSX shipped from Florida to Los Angeles by them. When the car arrived in LA, there were some noticeable scratches on one of the sides of the car, and on the underside. When I contacted them, they claimed that my brother had caused the scratches when he was examining the car with a rag after it was delivered (he was removing the dust to see if there was any damage). In their opinion the rag that he was using caused the scratches that weren't there before they picked it up. Anyway, it took many calls, telling them that I'm an Attorney, which I am, threatening them that I was going to go on every exotic car site to inform the people about what they'd done, and even threatening them with legal action, for them to settle. I told them, I'd like to hear how your defense stands up to a Judge. By the way, the guy with the rag was not only my brother but an ex-federal agent. Anyway, if you use them, be prepared. I know they may be somewhat cheaper then some other companies, but if I was you, I'd just drive it. Enjoy the NSX. It loves the highway, and it's the best.

I've used Intercity, Passport etc. in the past. At the time I thought they were great. And actually they were great. Good service, no problems, etc.

Then I helped someone else ship a car (I was the one in charge of getting it loaded) and the owner used Reliable Carriers. They were less expensive and also gave the car just as much of a "white glove" treatment as the other carriers. Their rigs are all top-notch and use lifts like all the other major carriers. They are mostly owner-operators like the drivers for most of the other carriers.

They were also much faster than any carrier I had ever deal with before, both in the lead time before they could come pick up the car and the time between pickup and delivery to the opposite coast. I don't know if this was just luck based on their schedule or not.

So it was my experience that they were just as good, at least as fast, and less expensive.

Based on that, I have since recommended them to several NSX owners who have all been happy. Next time I ship a car I plan to use them myself.

Originally posted by CoolToy:
Be careful of Exotic Car Transport. I had my NSX shipped from Florida to Los Angeles by them. When the car arrived in LA, there were some noticeable scratches on one of the sides of the car, and on the underside. When I contacted them, they claimed that my brother had caused the scratches when he was examining the car with a rag after it was delivered (he was removing the dust to see if there was any damage). In their opinion the rag that he was using caused the scratches that weren't there before they picked it up. Anyway, it took many calls, telling them that I'm an Attorney, which I am, threatening them that I was going to go on every exotic car site to inform the people about what they'd done, and even threatening them with legal action, for them to settle. I told them, I'd like to hear how your defense stands up to a Judge. By the way, the guy with the rag was not only my brother but an ex-federal agent.

Don't leave us hanging!
What happened? Did they pay for the damages?

I have used Intercity twice and they were superb. One shipment involved an ice storm that had me concerned but they were extremely careful and conscientious about the cargo they were carrying.

Yes they paid, but again, it took alot of work, and a threat of an immediate law suit. I tell you this, I believe that if I wasn't an attorney, Exotic Car Transport never would have paid.

CoolToy,

Maybe you can help out fellow NSX owners from getting ripped off!

Most of us AREN'T attorneys and if someone gets hood-winked, maybe one nasty phone call from you can do the trick in getting them to pay up! Cause you're right. The rest of us would probably have to go through more red tape than you would to get something done.
wink.gif

Back