• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CarFax JH4NA118XTT000117

CarFax

Hi, Can someone run a Car Fax report on this NSX. All I know, is that its was purchase in Texas.

1996 Back NSX
VIN - JH4NA118XTT000117.

Thanks in Advance

Bram::)

Bram--

Car looks clean according to Carfax...

They report a one owner vehicle w/ no accidents or odo rollback.

This '96 was always a "personal" registration and was initially registered for New York State by way of So. Hadley, MA, quite close to where I grew up!! (I live in San Diego now)

At last odo check, in June, 1998, it had 18,668 mi.

Looks like it could be a very nice car.

Can you afford a '97, though? I'd recommend that if it's within your range.

Thanks for taking the time to run the car fax!

I checked out this car, and it was in an accident, aand was not repaired properly.

From my inspection, it looked like it was hit from behind....it was repaired using parts for a (red) slavage car.(How did I know) the paint on the left fender was flaking off. The bumper was steel..per 95 nsx.

The left front of this car was repaired as well. It looked like the left front wheel an suspensionn was all damage as well. I was clearly able tto see where is car was repaired(Not Very well).

I'm a bit confused that thhe Carfax was clean...I guess you just can't trust the car fax report.

Bram--

Nice work on the research/inspection--

Carfax is OK, but not perfect. If a car was not totalled, and the police never called or an accident repot never filed, Carfax won't show it.

But it's mostly worth it to run one so as to rule out anything obvious.

Thank the incompetent body shop or the cheap owner who didn't spend the money to fix it properly. It likely will cost the owner more in the long run.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

I agree with you, however, some people just repair these cars in order to flip it onto unsuspecting NSXer's like us.

Bram

PS ..I found a 1997, red on Black wiith 12,500 Miles.... In the processs of finalizing the deal.

This car is now for auction on ebay. The owner lists this as an accident free car!!
Perhaps he didn't know that when he bought it??

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of purchasing this exact car. The owner said he would give me a full refund if there was any reason that I did not like it. He is offering a low price (19K) and it has low clicks (35k) thereabouts. I figure it's worth it and I could always get it fixed up properly. I am not in any rush as I work in Europe, so when I come back to visit and or for good I have something to do. The price is why I am interested. My car is the new Lotus Exige, but there is a waiting list a mile long for Canada, so I figure, I can at least have one nice car to drive around.

Cars like this NSX-T go for around 40kish USD, so I figure this is nice to get.

Any input?

Steve

from what I understand, the car is in Edmonton now. I am not sure what the additional mileage is all about. I don't have a clue why something like this would happen. Maybe the trip from Ontario to Edmonton could account for the rollback, but 3000 miles doesn't make much of a difference to me?

Steve

Weird...Don't waste your time on this car it's been in a major accident. From what I remember the rear section of the car belong to a 91-~94/95 Red NSX(this car is Black)
The Left front was hit as well.

I think I have my NSXprime inspection report in the offiice, call me and we can go over it.

Bram
905-282-4078
416-819-2287

Yes, collision to left rear corner in 98. Exported to Ontario 12-13-03.

Back