• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cars and Coffee March? this saturday

Payam972, the first pic is mine. My name is Ken aka(Huntjames). Tony it was good to talk you and I will let you know more about my double din project! Mabey we can find some stereo installer in the area to give us a two-fer deal. Brent, I hope someday the DFW prime members do get together and you are able to host the event. Your car looks great. Cars and Coffee was very crowded.

Last edited:
Payam972, the first pic is mine. My name is Ken aka(Huntjames). Tony it was good to talk you and I will let you know more about my double din project! Mabey we can find some stereo installer in the area to give us a two-fer deal. Brent, I hope someday the DFW prime members do get together and you are able to host the event. Your car looks great. Cars and Coffee was very crowded.

I'm the black 98 behind Ken...although Ken's looks so good it's embarrising
..I should park further back next time.

Ken, Back at ya, and I would be in for the double din install if we can find an "artist" ...safe travels and good seeing you again (and you’ve got a great co-pilot and navigator team).

Brent, great talking to you and getting to know you. Will see everyone again next month and I'll try to get that black paint looking a little more shiny...ie. When I do wipe it down I'll pull it out of the garage and away from the wall so I can see everything!

Damn...I arrived slightly late (8:30am) and had to park in the pre-owned (used) car parking lot. I was informed that the lot was full and closed off by 8-8:15'ish!!!

I saw no less than two Ferraris that had to park in spectator parking...while Yaris & Prius were spotted in the "show" area. :Eek:

Note to self: C&C now unofficially starts at 7am...get there by 6:30am for a good spot?

I did see 3-4 NSXs present, but owners were already wandering. Would have been nice to meet up & chat. Who's up to meet at a pre-show launch spot ahead of time so we can roll-in & park together next month...pre-gather at a Starbucks a few miles away or something...

Well my Daughters Sugery / Tonsil removal went well. I see that ShnookNSX
posted that the next one will be on the 7th of April. Is it always at the same
location / Plano BMW? Is that Classic BMW?

Yes Terry,
Its at Classic BMW. Would love to see you, it has been forever.
Susan

So who's up for an EARLY pre-C&C meet-up for an NSX roll-in?

I'm thinking meet at like 6:30 - 6:45am at Starbucks - tollway & Parker in the Tom Thumb parking lot...5960 West Parker Road, Plano, TX. From there, it's just a quick shot up the tollway or service road to get to C&C.

Getting to C&C by 7am should give a really good shot at group parking...if the Mustangs haven't already coned off every single spot for their later arriving buddies. :D

I know...I know, getting up THAT early can make one "dain-bramaged", but some of us already are :)

So who's in?

So who's up for an EARLY pre-C&C meet-up for an NSX roll-in?

I'm thinking meet at like 6:30 - 6:45am at Starbucks - tollway & Parker in the Tom Thumb parking lot...5960 West Parker Road, Plano, TX. From there, it's just a quick shot up the tollway or service road to get to C&C.

Getting to C&C by 7am should give a really good shot at group parking...if the Mustangs haven't already coned off every single spot for their later arriving buddies. :D

I know...I know, getting up THAT early can make one "dain-bramaged", but some of us already are :)

So who's in?

im down!

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

Tomorrow is the LAST Saturday of the month...C&C is the FIRST Saturday of the month...NEXT weekend...day before Easter!

Same game...who's up for a pre-meet & roll-in???

Last edited:
Hi Susan,
Indeed it's been awhile! Hope to see you there .....

I'm in for the early rendevouz and roll in together.
Looking forward to it!

So next Saturday... What time are we meeting at Starbucks? It would be amazing to have group parking instead of us being all scattered out

So next Saturday... What time are we meeting at Starbucks? It would be amazing to have group parking instead of us being all scattered out

4am? ...or will that not be early enough to beat the stock, run-of-the mill car people & their cones? :D

Seriously, I'm thinking we meet at 6:45am to leave by 7am sharp...with a C&C arrival time of 7:03am (o.k., maybe more like 7:10am 'ish...)

I'm up for 6:45am @ Starbucks... Not to many responses, is it on?

It sounds like 5-6 of us at least.

Let's go for it...

Meet at 6:30 - 6:45am at Starbucks - tollway & Parker in the Tom Thumb parking lot...5960 West Parker Road, Plano, TX.

No problem if you gotta leave soon. I have to be at an appointment (3-5 minutes away) by 10:30am...but that's when many start leaving anyway.

See you there.... Hope a few more turn out:confused:

No NSX for us. It wouldn't pass a state inspection, so Jim won't allow it be driven illegally from Granbury (where our lakehouse is). We will be in the beemer I guess. :frown:

Bummer. :(

Ya'll don't have $80 to get a sticker by say..."less conventional ways"? :D

Seriously, what's wrong with it that won't let it pass inspection. With such low miles, I'm surprised.

Mine just passed last Sunday. Want me to "take the test" for ya'll? :)

The freakin window tint!:mad:

You have GOT to be f-ing kidding me...what anal inspector did you go to...& just how dark is the tint??? Not 5% limo I'm sure.

Quick cure: roll up to the inspection with your WINDOWS ALL THE WAY DOWN aready. Most inspectors will be to gushy about doing an NSX that they'll fail to notice...or roll the windows up to check it. Problem solved!

I find asking ahead of time if they're sticklers about that kind of nonsense can save you the initial $39.75...then just go somewhere else where they really don't give two flips about stupidity like that stuff.

Bring it... :D

ACTUALLY, once you're in the C&C area, I can direct you my guy, Ian, for your inspection at Car Wash USA (Ohio & 121) that did my NSX...with less than ideal tread in the rear tires...he didn't care. Nice guy too.

Pictures soon!

Post them!

We had a small but good turn out: payam & his friend, Terry w/ his buddy Will, Wade, Eric, myself, and another joiner with the brooklands green one that came from Corvette Warehouse...he met us there & parked in row with us. Jim showed up later, but sans Susan as she was sick. :(

Overall, good to see & chat with everyone..let's grow this!

Only new issues: we got there around 7:10am and it was already getting PACKED! I guess we gotta start showing up by 6-630 now! They were handing out cards to fill out wiyth your name, address, phone, e-mail, year,make, & model or car..and what, if any, car club you are part of. I was informed that they will be using these to start some sort of "pass system" for allowing cars into the show area. No pass, no entry. Guess they're going to attempt to block out "un-interesting cars" due to so many complaints about this issue. Not sure how well that's gonna go over...

The domestics really over-dominated the show...I see the need for more of any equal, but fair mix. "Sorry sir/miss, but we've hit the quota for your make/model of car today...please park in the spectator lot and come enjoy the show anyway." ???

Or maybe they'll just pack each show with only certain "featured marques" for the day each month.

Sad it's come to this, but something had to be done...just not sure this is the right way to go about it.

Back