• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cars & Croissants (NJ) 2014 Schedule

The following was released today in an email from the C&C group. I'll update it as they release further info.
The key question is - will all this snow and ice be gone in only 18 days? :eek:

Day Date Location (if other than Chatham HS)
Saturday Sat, 3/1 <- CANCELLED due to weather issues!
Sunday Sun, 3/16 <- 3/12 update: Chatham HS, starts at 9am
Saturday Sat, 3/29 <- 3/25 update: Parsippany Hilton
Sunday Sun, 4/13 <- 3/25 update: Paul Miller Porsche
Saturday Sat, 5/3 <- 5/2 update: 56 River RD, Berkeley Heights, behind Yogoccino's
Sunday Sun, 5/18 <- 3/25 update: Chatham HS
Saturday Sat, 5/31 <- 3/25 update: Harding Twp School
. . . 5/23 update: 10am - 1pm, preregistration required

Sunday Sun, 6/15 (Father's Day) <- 4/14 update: Downtown Summit
Saturday Sat, 6/28 Daytop School in Mendham <- see thread #16 for address details
Sunday Sun, 7/13 <- 7/8 update: Intercar Mercedes, Newton, NJ
Saturday Sat, 7/26
Sunday Sun, 8/10 <- 8/5 update: Chatham HS confirmed
Saturday Sat, 8/23 <- 8/21 update: Morristown NJ ShopRite
Sunday Sun, 9/7 <- 9/2 update: Chatham HS confirmed
Saturday Sat, 9/20 <- 9/15 update: Morristown NJ ShopRite
Sunday Sun, 10/5 <- 10/2 update: Chatham HS confirmed
Saturday Sat, 10/18 <- 10/2 update:56 River Road, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Sunday Sun, 11/2 Rain soaked field causes cancellation of Daytop School, back to Chatham HS instead
Saturday Sat, 11/15 <- 11/11 update: Morristown NJ ShopRite
Sunday Sun, 11/30 <- 11/26 update: Snowed (& road salted) out
Saturday Sat, 12/13 <- CANCELLED salt powder still on the roads!

Details for the meets:
Time: 8:30 - 11:00AM

Default Location:
The Chatham High School Parking Lot
255 Lafayette Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928

For those bringing your own baked goods and drinks for breakfast, please make sure you carry out any trash -- much appreciated. As always, please be on your best behavior and avoid the temptation to rev your engine and peel out. We have a zero tolerance policy in this regard. If you do it, you will be asked not to return. We cannot risk losing this meet location due to bad behavior.

Last edited:
When will this blasted snow end? Another 8" tomorrow... Please make it stop!!! We need a healthy amount of rain between now and March to get this crud off the roads. Also the potholes due to this crazy winter are everywhere.

Not so fast Rich! Mother nature is not done with us yet.

Not so fast Rich! Mother nature is not done with us yet.

Just came back from South Beach (80), so I'll bring the Audi turbo and Willie. I just hope it is not cancelled. Let's bring our daily drivers to show them off.........

There's enough salt on the road here to make the world's largest Margarita! The NSX will stay in the garage. And, there's a slight chance of more snow tomorrow. Being that the organizers are F-car guys, they may not want to face the salt either. I'll post updates as I receive them.

Rich - it seems like cabin fever has got you itching to get back on the road! I suppose my Taurus would be out of place, but Woo Li ('08 Chow Chow) would enjoy a ride. Change the event name to Hot Dogs & Cold Donuts?

There's enough salt on the road here to make the world's largest Margarita! The NSX will stay in the garage. And, there's a slight chance of more snow tomorrow. Being that the organizers are F-car guys, they may not want to face the salt either. I'll post updates as I receive them.

Rich - it seems like cabin fever has got you itching to get back on the road! I suppose my Taurus would be out of place, but Woo Li ('08 Chow Chow) would enjoy a ride. Change the event name to Hot Dogs & Cold Donuts?

Bring Taurus (the Bull) because there are always some bulls at the meet. If they cancel, I may go to London and enjoy the rain.
At least then I get to drive a right hand drive Aston Martin on the wet motorway. Gotta love retirement.

Bring Taurus (the Bull) because there are always some bulls at the meet. If they cancel, I may go to London and enjoy the rain.
At least then I get to drive a right hand drive Aston Martin on the wet motorway. Gotta love retirement.

Time to buy the tickets to jump the pond. The meet this weekend is officially cancelled.

Will not make the C&C meet this Saturday. Taking the NSX to Larry and then another TESLA test drive scheduled.

Rich,
I won't make it Sat, 3/29, either due to a schedule conflict.
Talking to one Tesla S owner, besides all the nice features, acceleration is incredible & eerily quiet. Enjoy that test ride! :biggrin:

All area NSX owners,
Let's get a good NSX showing on Sun, 4/13, at Paul Miller Porsche (Parsippany). I'll post details as I get them.
Frank

Last edited:
I'll be heading up there on Sunday.

June 28 location details:
Daytop Preparatory School
80 West Main Street
Mendham, NJ 07945

Date: Saturday, June 28
Time: 8:30 am to 11:00 am

Daytop NJ runs a long-term adolescent residential behavioral health program and educational facility in Mendham. When you enter the property off Main St., there will be kids there to direct you to locations on the front lawn for parking. Daytop will provide coffee and light snacks, and restroom facilities are available.

Please remember the usual common sense behaviors -- no burning rubber or loud engine revving in the parking lot or leaving the premises. We are guests at Daytop and they have been kind enough to let us use their facilities as a courtesy.

Please let your friends know who do not get the C&C emails.

As always, we will re-confirm on Friday in the event of weather issues.

Kirk & Abi

Unfortunately I can't make this one. It was a great gathering there last year on a nice grassy hillside. Some unique cars showed up. Whoever goes, let us know how it went.

Today's C&C email has confirmed the meeting place for this Sunday, Aug 10:

Details for the meet:
Sunday, August 10
8:30 - 11:00AM

255 Lafayette Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928

Please note that the Chatham High School is right in the middle of the suburbs with houses only a few feet from the parking lot. We ask you to respect the neighbors and be on your BEST behavior and avoid the temptation to rev your engine and peel out. We have a zero tolerance policy in this regard. If you do it, you will be asked not to return.

For those bringing your own baked goods and drinks for breakfast, please make sure you carry out any trash--much appreciated.

See you all this weekend.

-Kirk & abi

Today's C&C email confirmed the meeting place for the Sunday, September 7 meet:
The summer is, sadly, in our rear view mirror and school's in session! Now it's a great time to get out there to enjoy the fall weather in your favorite 2 wheel or 4 wheel contraption!

Details for the meet:
Sunday, September 7
8:30 - 11:00AM

255 Lafayette Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928

Please note that the Chatham High School is right in the middle of the suburbs with houses only a few feet from the parking lot. We ask you to respect the neighbors and be on your BEST behavior and avoid the temptation to rev your engine and peel out. We have a zero tolerance policy in this regard. If you do it, you will be asked not to return.

For those bringing your own baked goods and drinks for breakfast, please make sure you carry out any trash--much appreciated.

See you all this weekend.

-Kirk & abi

I was there, but no other NSXers. It was cold and very windy. I was trying to eek out a bit more of the car season but it appears to be coming to a close. The turnout was a bit weak though still some interesting cars.

Here's the location information update from C&C for Saturday, November 15:
Address: Morristown Shoprite
178 East Hanover Avenue
Cedar Knolls NJ, 07927

Date: Saturday, November 15
Time: 8:30AM to 11AM

The Morristown ShopRite includes the Village Food Garden and their own diner that serves breakfast all day. Additionally, there is a large indoor/outdoor patio and culinary center that can accommodate over 100 guests that wish to dine there.​

Back