• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CD Changer Repair

I remember reading a thread on a recommended repair place for our acura cd changers, I can't seem to locate that thread. Anyone have a place they recommend that repair these or remember the thread? I've accumulated 3 of these that I need to send off for repair. One randomly ejects the cartridge, another has no sound and the third is a new alpine unit that skips like crazy and has sound issues from the left channel.

My CD changer is stuck with the magazine in it, and won't eject. Is that a simple fix? Is the fix mechanical, or electronic? Should I even try to take it out and try to resolve the problem? Comments from anyone with firsthand experience would be greatly appreciated.

put a small flat head screw driver under the mag and twist..........it should eject. Afterward, take all your CD out, and load the mag back in.....and have it cyle. After that, take the mag out and use it as normal. if not, smack the shit out of it. :D

KingsCourt said:
My CD changer is stuck with the magazine in it, and won't eject. Is that a simple fix? Is the fix mechanical, or electronic? Should I even try to take it out and try to resolve the problem? Comments from anyone with firsthand experience would be greatly appreciated.

Simple as that, huh PoohBEAR? I was assuming I was going to remove it, and at least take it apart. Thanks for the advice -- I'll try it tomorrow.

By the way, your ending comment cracked me up. You funny guy.

I used a credit card, and just slipped it underneath, and viola, worked like a charm. Then I pulled the magazine out and removed the CDs, disconnected the changer, waited a few minutes, and reconnected it. Then I inserted the blank magazine and opened up the ignition. It proceeded to remove the CD that was held hostage in the player, and everything is beautiful once again. It's nice to find out that the changer is fine, and doesn't need to be scrapped.

:tongue: yayyyyyyy.....now beat the shit out of your car!!! :redface:

KingsCourt said:
I used a credit card, and just slipped it underneath, and viola, worked like a charm. Then I pulled the magazine out and removed the CDs, disconnected the changer, waited a few minutes, and reconnected it. Then I inserted the blank magazine and opened up the ignition. It proceeded to remove the CD that was held hostage in the player, and everything is beautiful once again. It's nice to find out that the changer is fine, and doesn't need to be scrapped.

Back