• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Central NJ - August 6 - Detailing Clinic / Open House

My good friend and master detailer, Nick Gates, has expanded his shop and is having an open house/clinic on Sunday August 6.

Please see the attached flier for details.

There will be a Gyeon product demonstration from 9-11 which will be limited to 25 participants (OK, 24 since I'm going).
From 11-3 the open house continues with additional demonstrations of the various facets of car care

Gyeon makes an incredible ceramic coating. I'm a huge fan.

Nick is a great guy and has detailed many of our NSXs to perfection. Hope to see ya there....

Flier_V1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, everyone, I know Don and I sound like cheerleaders at a Pep Rally but Nick and his team do an amazing job at A Buff And Beyond
For those of you at Kids Day who saw my NSX and commented "you could eat off the engine and what an incredible job they did on your seat bolsters" it was all done by this team.
The best part of driving a few hundred miles to Watkins Glenn and back was washing the car when I returned home. With the GYEON Quartz treatment Nick applied the dirt,bugs and track rubber came right off with very little effort and my car looks as shiny as ever.

Join us at A Buff And Beyond for the clinic. I learned so much from Nick already and will be there to pick up some new tips and tricks on Sunday August 6th.

Alan

I may actually be there for this... I was already researching this place when I considered ceramic coats.

EDIT: Do they do rim repair?

Last edited:
I may actually be there for this... I was already researching this place when I considered ceramic coats.

EDIT: Do they do rim repair?

I just checked with Nick. Yes, they do rim repair. Typically it is done while they are detailing the rest of the car. I'll send you a PM with more detailed info.

Man! Allen told me about this but I'm leaving for Cabo 8/5!

Frankie

Frankie - PM me when you're back and we can meet Don at Nicks shop. You could gain knowlege on the capabilities at A Buff And Beyond and we can grab lunch after a short run in the countryside.
You'll be missed but enjoy your time in Cabo (I'm jealous)

Alan

Thanks Alan, you're the best!

Frankie - PM me when you're back and we can meet Don at Nicks shop. You could gain knowlege on the capabilities at A Buff And Beyond and we can grab lunch after a short run in the countryside.
You'll be missed but enjoy your time in Cabo (I'm jealous)

Alan

Frankie, I think we need to change your "name", I'm going to call you the "Cheesedoodler", from now on!!!!

Haha, can't believe you remember that! Oh Sasha! Reminds me of my boys when they were his age, so innocent! Love the time we get the hang out after the camp!

Frankie, I think we need to change your "name", I'm going to call you the "Cheesedoodler", from now on!!!!

5 minutes from my house. Can't wait to get my NSX detailed

I showed up at 12 but didn't see any NSX owners there. I talked to Nick, the owner, for a bit and he impressed me in how much he cared. There are a lot of different directions I could go but for now I think I will start with a ceramic coating for my wheels for the brake dust. He mentioned even ceramic coatings have to be maintained properly which put me in hesitation mode for the entire car. Also, I will send my Mazdaspeed 3 over for general detailing to see how well they go over the engine bay. Their new location is great, it is super spacious and flat (for the low riders) and there is a garage next door for basic maintenance.

y4mvqRjq9AweuHjvbDLcTBQYGkSqvW4F4ceeP7oPeDpANi_cIOatvvse3d1NQOuYDKmsfO5D2qi-2NPiMhO_ep1SPVzuJHP68ooIGaLwTHDvj7_R17Xcr07xp_c20HhLADvlIKfoatPSi6MNV0_hgOcHQVyoOB6q5nul_Fxh2EPZKCbUN2Q54ybYySr3EmCeuKuAJnVOCDOPTc0PH6nLZ5C8A

y4mnoTI2kcWCJHcCJR5kOw9rQEaD7e7bdfJBIpWTKiQl4EepSfYX4sX32ybQSDfFCNcWbFexlvvfYQ8rz9yCTRuVDHhEn33cf9UkkHQF6oDASnrmoFmvnXA94lT2DJg_-GITxP-8UhwjPgYqI-LhkvU38E-lEFlF_-Ayt6i-Mgdr7rklxjnlbf334btNek14EH4BO7AFXHvfCLgd3zQ52uHLg

Back