• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

click and clack the tappet brothers retire

Sad indeed. I love the show, and I love the little "Dewey Cheatem and Howe" sign on their quant little studio in Harvard square. Sure gonna miss those guys.

Now: How do we get Click and Clack on Top Gear?

I second that very very highly

I would actually start watching the US Top gear if that was the case

-1^1000

+1^1000. Plus Adam Carolla, Jerry Seinfeld, Tim Allen, and Jay Leno. Require improvisation rather than too much scripting. Occasional guest segments by Wayne Carrini. I'm amazed how much America loves cars now vs. just five years ago. But that's America - build something up, tear it down, fall in love all over again (Tiger Woods, Detroit, disco). I'd have lost a bet for $10,000 in 2007 if someone told me shows like Chasing Classic Cars, Rate My Ride, Mecum Auctions, The Car Show, Vinsetta Garage, Wheeler Dealers, What's My Car Worth, and now Fast 'N Loud would exist in 2012. To think all I had to choose from as a 14 year old was Motorweek, with John Davis' corny sayings. And I loved that show, being all I had to watch!

For old Cartalk episodes, make Podcasts your friend if you haven't already.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/npr-car-talk-podcast/id253191823?mt=2

-1^1000

+1^1000. Plus Adam Carolla, Jerry Seinfeld, Tim Allen, and Jay Leno. Require improvisation rather than too much scripting. Occasional guest segments by Wayne Carrini. I'm amazed how much America loves cars now vs. just five years ago. But that's America - build something up, tear it down, fall in love all over again (Tiger Woods, Detroit, disco). I'd have lost a bet for $10,000 in 2007 if someone told me shows like Chasing Classic Cars, Rate My Ride, Mecum Auctions, The Car Show, Vinsetta Garage, Wheeler Dealers, What's My Car Worth, and now Fast 'N Loud would exist in 2012. To think all I had to choose from as a 14 year old was Motorweek, with John Davis' corny sayings. And I loved that show, being all I had to watch!

For old Cartalk episodes, make Podcasts your friend if you haven't already.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/npr-car-talk-podcast/id253191823?mt=2

Yinzer, I'm not trolling you, but I just wanted to give you a heads up as someone might use this against you in the future.

-(1)^1000 = -1

&

(-1)^1000 = 1^1000 = 1

I know what you meant to say and for that you're better off using X

-1X1000 & 1X1000

Yinzer, I'm not trolling you, but I just wanted to give you a heads up as someone might use this against you in the future.

Awesome! No offense taken, I'm an engineer and work with numbers just about every day, so I see your point. I was about to say you're 100% right but... Probably w/o needing to say this, I meant to succinctly state my negativity about the news by 1000 times. 999 times would definitely not be enough since I love Car Talk! But 1001 times might sound kind of kooky. Switching gears, I've dated my share of the occasional crazy, psycho, unhappy women. Sometimes a friend would say "wow, she's a negative one..." Show me someone who thinks 1000 of those negative women would turn into something positive, and I'd say he's pretty wrong, and crazy. Not to say you're crazy, but -1^1000 here would be pretty negative to me, so I think you're wrong. :)

I was listening to Car Talk today and it sounds as though they are doing to show live. Did they retire or have a change of heart? I've heard that they have a bunch of archival footage but some of the things they say on the podcast are current.

I was listening to Car Talk today and it sounds as though they are doing to show live. Did they retire or have a change of heart? I've heard that they have a bunch of archival footage but some of the things they say on the podcast are current.

If this is true and they are back even part-time that would make my month. Let's hope so.

according to http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/06/08/12125106-click-and-clack-are-retiring-from-car-talk-but-revamped-shows-will-still-air?lite
"While the hosts won't be as involved, NPR will continue to air a program that combines old material and a few updates from the Magliozzis."

They are one of my favorite NPR shows. I tend to have my local public radio station on all day and really look forward to hearing them at 10am on Saturdays. I'm glad that they've recorded a lot of shows and I suppose when they repeat callers from previous years I most likely won't remember them so it will all be new anyway.

Even they wouldn't be enough to watch the US Top Gear. Perhaps if they replaced the US Top Gear hosts. Then I'd consider it!

This was always a game show to me because my objective was always to guess the car problem before they did. And about 90% of the time they would repeat what I would guess in my head. So I considered that a "win". LOL

Back