• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

clock time is running and won't stop ????

Anyone else have this problem? The hour display on my clock is running through the digits and won't stop. I have repeatedly pressed the controls, reset, pulled the fuse and it's still running. I'm ready to put a piece of black tape over it so I don't have to "see" that it's broken. Anyone else have this problem???

Take it apart. U might have a sticky contact.

It started running without being touched........just started the car and the clock numbers started running. I unplugged it so now it's "fixed".

Have you plugged it back in to see if it has reset?

Of course

I left it unplugged for about 15 minutes.....smacked it against the floor a couple times, plugged it back in and it was still "running". So now it's unplugged (fixed) not bugging me and I can see the time on the large display built into my Kenwood DNX9980 which keeps perfect time off its internal GPS.

When you drive it, does it feel like you're traveling into the future? Try setting it to 2013 then park and ask someone: "who has won the Super Bowl?".

PM me with their answer please. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Oh I forgot.... Ask a guy... Don't ask a chick.

When you drive it, does it feel like you're traveling into the future? Try setting it to 2013 then park and ask someone who has won the Super Bowl. PM me with their answer please. :biggrin:

Great idea. I'm going to paint it silver, add some gull wing doors and floor it.

Of course

I left it unplugged for about 15 minutes.....smacked it against the floor a couple times, plugged it back in and it was still "running". So now it's unplugged (fixed) not bugging me and I can see the time on the large display built into my Kenwood DNX9980 which keeps perfect time off its internal GPS.

:eek: Sounds like your NSX is begging you to get it a navpod. :D

:eek: Sounds like your NSX is begging you to get it a navpod. :D

I took it apart, looked for burnt/loose contacts, MASHED the buttons, smacked it around some more and it's still "running". I called several auto clock repair places and they all say it's not cost effective to repair a digital clock....even when they cost over $400. Thanks for showing me the Navpod. Now, if anyone has bought a Navpod and doesn't need THEIR clock anymore, let me know. I'm in the market for a used clock.

It has nothing to do with the buttons...

Your clock is toast.

My original clock at one point just went to 12:00 and wouldn't work.

Then I bought a replacement and it did exactly what youre describing (Cost $100 on ebay, sent back to seller)

Then Mike (Blkevl) stepped up and sold me one... now I'm back in business.

I called several auto clock repair places and they all say it's not cost effective to repair a digital clock....even when they cost over $400.

Well, a new clock assembly is $300. I'm just not sure why there are two part numbers for it:

http://www.oemacuraparts.com/find-parts/Acura/NSX/1991/2DR NSX/KA5MT/SWITCH

Here are couple of used ones on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/91-92-93-Acura-NSX-Interior-Digital-Clock-39700-SL0-013-/330572706548
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acura-NSX-Center-Vent-Clock-Display-Black-Original-OEM-Genuine-/290572457833

Last edited:
Spray some deoxit into the PCB switches under the button keytops, and work the buttons.

Russ......That was actually a good idea. Instead, I took my volt-ohm meter and checked the switches across the solder connections on the rear. The switches all work perfectly. I smacked it around some more and it's still working but broken. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I posted a WTB ad in the marketplace section here. Seems like most clocks have sold in $80-$100 range so I will wait for one to become available. Good thing cuz I almost called AAA AND my insurance company when it broke.

I had this occur directly following a carwash, where they used compressed air on the clock assembly. I played with it for a few days, but eventually had to find a replacement.

Provided you're patient, I would expect to pay around $75 for a replacement clock, in working order.

I had this occur directly following a carwash, where they used compressed air on the clock assembly. I played with it for a few days, but eventually had to find a replacement.

Provided you're patient, I would expect to pay around $75 for a replacement clock, in working order.

So........including mine there are two others who report the same problem with their OEM clock? and no telling how many others haven't read this post but had the same problem as well ???? My car is an '05 with only 20K miles on it but it wouldn't surprise me if all of these clocks were batched from the same manufacturer.....and this defect is lurking. Mine "broke" without being touched. If an oem clock shows up at a reasonable price I'll buy it, otherwise I'm okay with looking at a blank and getting the time off the Kenwood radio. Thanks again for everyone's help and input.

I would be willing to run the car into the future but i'm afraid I can't make the clock run backwards so I would get stuck there-----and probably not be able to afford the price of future gas.

I like that. If i could fab it into a old clock housing i would be all over it. Wonder if the one with remote display will fit in there, anyone know the dimensions inside the buttons of the clock?

Mike

That is exactly what I did.

BIG TIME THANKS to everyone who posted and tried to help out here. I ended up getting a replacement clock in great condition from Ravi for a fair price. I took the guts out of the replacement clock and put them into the bezel from my car that already had a CF overlay. My daughter bought me a Scangauge II http://www.scangauge.com/ for father's day and I sent the old/new bezel AND scangauge off to my old store in texASS to have them do a custom mount of the scangauge into the clock bezel. When I get it back I'll post pics.

Back