• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Carbon Airbox

Comptech Carbon Fiber Airbox, long discontinued. Uses a UNI filter available from ScienceOfSpeed. Removed from a 1993 NSX

$450 Shipped

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Attachments

• D7B29121-7FDC-47D8-AB9B-7212A77C8320.jpg
    D7B29121-7FDC-47D8-AB9B-7212A77C8320.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:
Yea, comptech sold this as the airbox and later on they released an optional CF lid, otherwise the OEM lid works exactly the same. The main part/benefit is in the lower part of the airbox.

this is a comptech airbox and the lid is OEM

So do I need anything other than what is pictured to install this? My car came with a Weapon R intake and I do not have the stock air box.

You might need the bolts that hold the OEM airbox to the car since you don’t have your original airbox. easily sourced at a hardware store.

So do I need anything other than what is pictured to install this? My car came with a Weapon R intake and I do not have the stock air box.

You might need the bolts that hold the OEM airbox to the car since you don’t have your original airbox. easily sourced at a hardware store.

Another thing to consider...IIRC you will need the Comptech fender intake scoop or you'll just run without anything if you use the Comptech lower air box. I thought I was told both the OEM snorkel/resonator and the Downforce intake scoop will not be compatible with the Comptech lower air box, but I'd confirm that before taking my word on it.

The lower part of this airbox acts like a scoop, there is no need to run another scoop with this in the fender. I removed this from a 1993 coupe and it was working fine

Back