• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

CTS-V sets track record at Nurburgring!!!

http://www.leftlanenews.com/cts-v-breaks-nurburgring-record-fastest-lap-time-for-a-sedan.html

I had the privilege of spending today on the track (at Summit Point) w/ 2 prototype 2009 CTS-Vs and they are wicked fast. I'm not the fastest guy on the track, but the GM drivers that were piloting the 2009 Vs were just kicking my tail! Brilliant cars and gorgeous interiors...

Here's a pic of a 2009 CTS-V tearing it up.
IMG_6417.JPG

and here's me...
IMG_6403.JPG

CTS-V sets track record at Nurburgring!!!

8 minutes isn't a lap record. It's just a record for sedans.
Still impressive for what it is. I've always questioned GM for trying to turn their "Cadillac" brand from an old persons car into a sports car. Seems like people are going for it though...

they were faster because they had black wheels

thats 550 hp supercharged right? curious why they didnt put the ls7 in:frown:

Because they used a LS9!!

8 minutes isn't a lap record. It's just a record for sedans.
Still impressive for what it is. I've always questioned GM for trying to turn their "Cadillac" brand from an old persons car into a sports car. Seems like people are going for it though...

It was 7:59. ;)

Breaking the 8 minute mark (especially considering the weight of the vehicle) is amazing!

I love my V. It's an amazing car. Extremely comfortable, exceptionally fast and it sounds amazing and the new one is better in every respect.

thats 550 hp supercharged right? curious why they didnt put the ls7 in:frown:
I do some work for them, and occasionally visit their Proving Grounds facility in Milford... cool place. I've taken up-close (partially-disassembled) looks at the new CTS coupe, new CTS-V and the coming C6-ZR1... unfortunately no cameras allowed :(

The new CTS-V currently runs a 6.2L LSA supercharged (Eaton 6th gen blower with intercooler integral to the intake mani) V-8 engine generating an estimated 550 hp (410 kW) and 550 lb.-ft. (745 Nm) of torque. Not too bad for an older-design (OHV pushrod) motor.

A quick run-down on the recent Powertrain alphabet soup (adapted from Caddy forums):

LS7
The current 7.0-liter, naturally aspirated motor in the C6-Z06. It's handbuilt at GM's Wixom performance center and is very expensive to make. Too expensive with the LS9 motor coming. While there will be several months where the LS7 and LS9 will be built at Wixom, the LS7 will eventually die, probably sometime between late-2009 or mid-2010.

LSA
The LSA will find its way under the hood of the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V. The LSA is a 6.2-liter, smallblock V8 with a supercharger. It features an intercooler integrated into the intake manifold.

LS8
This is another 6.2-liter, smallblock V8 with a supercharger. It also features an intercooler integrated into the intake manifold. This will be the motor going into the top-end Zeta platform cars. The most premium Camaro, probably called Z28, will get this motor.

When the LS7 dies (MY 2010/11), the Z06 will get this motor. Possibly, slightly uptuned from the version the Zeta cars would get. This motor will start production in first or second quarter of 2010.

LST - more truck-focused
Yet another 6.2-liter, smallblock V8 with a supercharger. It also features an intercooler integrated into the intake manifold. This motor may or may not still be in GM's plans. The original plan was to put it in GM's Heavy Duty trucks.
Delivering in excess of 450 pound-feet of torque, it was set to start in the middle of 2008. However, it now seems this motor may no longer be part of the plan. GM may have decided its diesel offerings were sufficient. It's also possible GM had a hard time justifying the cost of development. Of course, CAFE might have also played a role.

LS9
This is the 6.2-liter, smallblock V8 with a supercharger going into the ZR-1 Corvette. Like all the others, it has an intercooler integrated into the intake manifold. Original specs had this motor at 600 horsepower and 550 to 560 pound-feet of torque. It now seems the horsepower rating may have jumped to as much as 650.

1024x768_ctsv3.jpg

1024x768_ctsv1.jpg

2009_cadillac_cts_v_press_image017.jpg

ASton Martin DBS for comparison:

dbs-int.jpg

GM got this car RIGHT!

Look at that interior!! It is gorgeous (at least in pics).

The exterior is hot imo.

Performance is amazing.

I would seriously consider this car.

Back