• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

D2 Racing Coilovers

O.K. :confused:

Since no one is replying to this post, here is what I'll do.

I am purchasing these inexpensive/cheap threaded coilovers and will let you all know what I think. I cannot find any data to support anything worthwhile, bad or good. Please if anyone knows anything about them, answer. :frown:

Cheap?? are you sure it's cheap?? The last time I checked, it's in par with Tein RA in HK. I also believed D2 is actually pretty good quality stuff from UK.

Kudos to you to "test" it out, Please let us know what you think about it....

NSXDreamer2 said:
Cheap?? are you sure it's cheap?? The last time I checked, it's in par with Tein RA in HK. I also believed D2 is actually pretty good quality stuff from UK.

Kudos to you to "test" it out, Please let us know what you think about it....

I'd say under $900 out the door is cheap :biggrin:

I would be interested in those, currently considering the Dali adjustable coilover set-up, but the price on the D2's is tempting. Let me know if you decide to get them and if you do will look forward to your review.

They actually looks to be pretty good quality. Wonder how well the dampers are built.

2-way height / preload adjustment
36 damper setting
Pillow mount and aluminum construtions
Can buy different spring rates springs.

Interesting.

GC and Koni for $900? really?

I got some specs.
NSX kit will have 15KG and 9KG spring rate

Here is a picture of the Na1 kit. Looks pretty good.

Attachments

• d2coilovernsxna1.jpg
    d2coilovernsxna1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 957
Last edited:
who'd be interested if it cost about $800?

clr1024 said:
I am interested, the only thing that bothers me as that they are warrented for a year vs Koni and Bilstein.

Most coilovers do not have a limited lifetime warranty like bilstein and Koni.

that may be true but its not a selling point in their favor versus going with a coilover system including the bilsteing or konis. I am just on the fence now as it would be nice to know you should never have to replace your shocks again. If the D2s fail, am I stuck getting a new shock, i.e another D2 or do I switch brands because it failed$$ this would negate all savings. I guess I am still on the fence because there's limited knowledge on these coilovers but the price is nice

There are various taiwanese/chinese manufactured coilover nowadays. Their packaging and marketing is great. The manufacturing quality is pretty good too. Their performance, on the other hand..............

Most people will not notice the performance difference cause they drive on the street and just looking for lowered look.

IMNSHO, save your money and stick with good stuff. THe Koni and GC setup is actually a very good option. It is not bling, but performance wise is very good.

Back