• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dash camera suggestions

Anyone have good dash cameras that they use for front AND rear recording? I was thinking the seat shoulder is a good place to mount it since you won't have to wire the camera down the A pillars but if all else fails I would just put it on the window.

Thanks... I will likely get that one. Seems expensive but it has a parking monitor function and yes the footprint is small... I guess I would've like an LCD monitor but that's not a dealbreaker.

My dad's been using the G1W and I've been using the G1W-C. They're cheap and work great. Just remember to shut off the g-sensor :)

Mine's mounted just under the mirror, with the cable hanging straight down. It doesn't interfere with sight lines that much, or at least I may have gotten used to it.

Last edited:
I also have Blackvue dr650gw and I love it. Great compact and well performing device. Stealth looking when installed and easy to remove.

I put it inside the cabin on the rear window. It works great! You could probably run it into the hatch but remember there's a wire that connects the front camera to the rear camera. Also, the angle is adjustable and they give you a few extra double sided sticky pads so you can experiment.

Back