• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DAWN PATROL this Sunday 7-27-03

Well it sounds like Hrant and the Sacramento group are feeling a little adventurous in the morning and it has been awhile since we have had a Sunday morning drive. So who would be up for a NSX run into NAPA via the back route below Lake Berryessa and through Pope and Chiles valley, dropping into Napa's Silverado trail and start the day off w/ a glass of California Sparkling wine from Domain Mumm? Hrant, if you have any of the details of your Dawn patrol, let us know and we can synchronize a time and place to hook up. Are you planning on taking 128 west? The East Bay group could meet in Walnut creek and head up 680 to Suisan valley to 121 on to 128 and intercept your group. Anyone know a good place to meet in Walnut Creek? I would think we should meet by 7:00 am if this is to be a dawn patrol, unless anybody is up for an earlier start? I guess we should wait to hear from the Sacramento group and find out their schedule in order to make a connection. Anyway, that is what I can come up with for now. As usual, I will have some maps as details become clearer. I know this is short notice but who knows what can happen when spontaneity and a group of NSX's collide? Hope some of you can make this as I plan to have a fun morning.

Cheers,
:cool:

If we head out early, like 7:00am, we should be back by noon or 1:00. Do you know any good spots to meet in Walnut Creek or Concord?

Cheers,

Ted is our official "Dawn Patrol Scout" ........... and last I heard from him was we were meeting Joseph at Winters at 6:30 am !!!

He wanted to make it back to Sears Point for the GT Champions race which starts at 8:30 am ..... but he was also flexible to miss that and see the ALM races .....

I'll send him an e-mail so he can post the details (I just follow, often the last car in the group .... <vbg> .....).

FYI, CBS is broadcasting Tour coverage 11:00-12:00 (tape delayed highlights) and NBC is broadcasting ALMS race 1:00-2:45. So a very early morning start and prompt return would be best for any cycling fans...

Last edited:
Dawn Patrol from the East sector

The Sacto Dawn Patrol will really be a quick trip to Sears Point (sorry, I meant Infineon Raceway, the official NSXPO track) for the ALMS races. I'm (we're?) leaving Sacto at 545 AM, meeting Joe G in Winters (at the Chevron station) around 630. From there, we'll take 128 to 121 to Napa, stopping in Napa for coffee, departing Napa say 730? And on to the track, hoping to be at the gate around 8AM, and in a good spot for the start of GT race at 850.

Zero float in the schedule, I know, but our small and stealthy band doesn't need any. Anyone's welcome to join if they'd like. Private me if you think you might.

When Ted say "Dawn Patrol" he really means your headlights must be on by the time we start ............ LOL!

I hope you guys can make it that early, it should be fun, and bring your club radios with batteries charged ....... I am not an early bird but have known to receive anonymous wake up phone calls at 5:00 am to make these runs ....... ;)

Looks like the Sacramento group is up w/ the sun. I figure they will be in Sonoma by the time we reach 128. Anyway, I will be at the Starbucks in the Sun Valley Mall in Concord at 7:00am. Any one that would like to take a back roads cruise into Napa for breakfast and then shoot home to handle Sunday commitments and catch the TDF, let's meet up. We should be able to grab a quick blast and drive through the backroads of eastern Napa. We can then head into NAPA for breakfast at Gillwoods downtown. After that we can head back home. I know that Gillwoods is just about an hour from my place in Dublin so getting back home should not take too long. I will have maps of the route with me at Starbucks. Please post here if you can make it so I know wether to wait or not once the coffe cup is full. I will have the cellphone (925) 200-1427.

Cheers,

Cheers,

1NSX2GO said:
Any one that would like to take a back roads cruise into Napa for breakfast and then shoot home to handle Sunday commitments and catch the TDF, let's meet up.
Doh!!! Sorry, didn't see this post till too late this morning. Would have loved to join you guys, but didn't realize it would be possible to get back in time to watch tour coverage, IRL race, ALMS race. Did my usual Sunday morning HW9 -> HW 35 -> Woodside road circuit this morning. Hope to catch you on the next one...

Well nobody made it this morning, but I know it was a very late announcement . However, The good news was I was able to plan a Sunday Morning Drive for August 10th. See the new thread in this section. As for a preview, this was taken today at the dam in front of Lake Berryessa.

Attachments

• nsx-napa2.jpg
    nsx-napa2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 126
Back