• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Denton, TX - November 17th

Just thought I would post this note to let you know about this car show at the Denton Dragway taking place on November 17th. They recently added an "Import" class to the list, in anticipation of a decent turnout from import enthusiasts. I'll be there showing my WRX. Hope to see some of you there, too!

GoodFinder
smile.gif

Steve Harvey
93.5 Supra
2002 WRX

---*---

Denton Dragway Car Show, Sunday, November 17th

Denton Dragway, in conjunction with TorqueCentral.com, is hosting a Street Legal Car Show as part of the events in the Texas Street Legal Championships. Awards will be given to first and second place in each class.

Steve Pasztor, AKA Zaino Steve has generously offered to sponsor the event, and will be on hand with detail tips and, as always, a healthy supply of Zaino!

The show will be judged rather uniquely. An official from Denton Dragway, one from TorqueCentral and the Sponsor, Steve Pasztor will judge the show, and their rankings will account for 50% of the score. The remaining score will be determined by participant judging.

Racing will be great to watch, and events are running all day long.

Gates open at 10:00AM
Registration begins at 10:00AM and runs through 2:00PM.
Judging will be at 2:30PM
Awards around 4:00PM

The entry fee is $10, and includes ONE GREAT RACE SHOW! So bring that beautiful machine out, even if you're not planning on racing, and show it off! You might just go home with a trophy and some braggin' rights!

CLASSES:

Best In Show
Best Interior
Best Paint
Best Engineering/Custom
Best F-body
Best Mustang
Best Sport Compact
Best Classic Muscle
Best Sports Car
Best Import (new!)

---*---

Hope to see you there.

On a somewhat related note, if you are interested in helping out with a D/FW Import Cruise for Charity, please send me an email to [email protected] and we can discuss the concept further.

Or, if you're at the Denton Dragway this Sunday, just be sure to stop by the WRX and say hello!

Regards,

GoodFinder
smile.gif

Steve Harvey
93.5 Supra
2002 WRX

Chance I'll be up there racing in the Street Legal Drag Shootout. Still waiting for them to finalize the rules for the import class before I make a final decision. Probably be up there either way.

Brian

Great weather forecast for Sunday, sunny and nice temperatures, they've got plenty going on during the day, stop by & say hello at the car show if you're at the Denton Dragway this Sunday!

GoodFinder
smile.gif

Eric,

The Supra should be ready in a few more months.

I'd still love to purchase the right NSX, but I'm thinking it would be "down the road" when I've moved to a different house with a much larger garage.

Right now, I'm checking out the potential of buying a Rotary Lift to put in the current garage at the house, in order to store the Supra "up top" to make it easy to pull it out for those fun drives.

GoodFinder
smile.gif

Unfortunately I didn't make it. That darn thing called work.

Sad thing is, I would have more or less walked away with the import class. A turbo-charged Miata won the class running 8.80's. For reference, a bone stock NSX will run faster than that with even a mildly competent driver. On the gas, I should have been in the very low 8.0's, high 7.0's with a good 60' time.

I'll be at the next event. They are planning on holding two of these a year. Next one is in the Spring, so I'll have plenty of time to get ready.

Brian
91 NSX - NX 100 shot

[This message has been edited by Brian Bailey (edited 21 November 2002).]

Originally posted by Brian Bailey:
Unfortunately I didn't make it. That darn thing called work.

Apparently, it wasn't exactly what it was advertised to be (street vehicles), as there were a *lot* of trailered vehicles brought in. Just because it has a license plate on the back doesn't make it "street legal".

A good friend who drag races a 12 second Ford Lightning was there and reported that in one class they announced the winner after the first heat... because only one car didn't break and was able to run a second time. :)

EDR

Back