• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Denver NSX Service

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and just brought my first NSX back from Chicago to Denver. I'm interested in local NSX activities, and saw the posts for mechanic Chris at Flatirons Acura. Another enthusiast recommended Import Sports Performance for maintenance, anyone have experience w/ them?

I registered my car the other day and the license guy entering it in the computer said "funny, this is the only one ('04 NSX's) we have in the state!". Hard for me to believe, but I'm happy to have brought a beautiful '04 in to join the group! Scott

Welcome to the Mile High chapter! There are no true independent NSX experts in CO, so most of us use either Chris at Flatirons Acura or Paul Z at Pikes Peak Acura in the Springs. Who you use depends on where you live- they are equal in quality and expertise.

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and just brought my first NSX back from Chicago to Denver. I'm interested in local NSX activities, and saw the posts for mechanic Chris at Flatirons Acura. Another enthusiast recommended Import Sports Performance for maintenance, anyone have experience w/ them?

I registered my car the other day and the license guy entering it in the computer said "funny, this is the only one ('04 NSX's) we have in the state!". Hard for me to believe, but I'm happy to have brought a beautiful '04 in to join the group! Scott

I hear Pikes Peak in Colorado Springs is good also. I don't think your 1994 is the only one in the state?? Maybe in your county?? I saw a 1994 at the Araphoe Com College Car show a few months back. (Red) maybe he meant "Black"
Welcome to Denver!!

Thanks for the great feedback! I have an appt w/ Chris at Flatirons Mon. morning:) Look forward to meeting other X'ers in the area.

(To clarify, mine's a 2004, not a '94). Happy driving!

Thanks for the great feedback! I have an appt w/ Chris at Flatirons Mon. morning:) Look forward to meeting other X'ers in the area.

(To clarify, mine's a 2004, not a '94). Happy driving!

Ahh.. You may have the only 2004! -- I misread your post!
I've heard only good things about Flatirons....

Welcome to Denver.. Now you can drive your NSX in the winter!! Plus we don't put salt on the roads like they do in Chicagoland! :smile::smile:

Ahh.. You may have the only 2004! -- I misread your post!
I've heard only good things about Flatirons....

Welcome to Denver.. Now you can drive your NSX in the winter!! Plus we don't put salt on the roads like they do in Chicagoland! :smile::smile:

Maybe no salt...but tons of sand/rocks and that liquid stuff. Man I hate it. The roads thaw in like half a day...they should only plow and not apply anything save for slopes over a certain grade (and then only the liquid stuff). Sand/rocks beat up our cars and make the roads unsafe when dry.

Maybe no salt...but tons of sand/rocks and that liquid stuff. Man I hate it. The roads thaw in like half a day...they should only plow and not apply anything save for slopes over a certain grade (and then only the liquid stuff). Sand/rocks beat up our cars and make the roads unsafe when dry.

Yup.. the sand and rocks beat your car up..

Rocks are crazy out here.. Ever notice how many cards have broken windshields!!

Stay away from import sports!! When i had my gsr civic i learned the hard way they do shotty work and are not detail oriented. So if thats the case with a '95 civic w/ a gsr motor in it i would hate to see them w/ my '94 NSX coup.

I took my 92' for a timing belt and 90k service to Mile High Acura. Spoke to Mark in the service department that also owns two NSXs. Both of his vehicles get worked on by the techs in his store. After receiving a quote from another Acura dealership for the same service, Mark sat down with me and told me that he would be willing to work with me on the price. He came up with ways to save on the service and called me on his day off to go over it. I don't make a lot of money so saving it is important. It worked out to about $700 less than the other dealership. Mark scheduled a time for me to come in so that he would have a very nice loaner car for me as well as a clear schedule for his techs, so that my car was the only project for the days that they had my vehicle. Service was great,on time and backed by similar warranty as the other dealership. I'm not sure if Mark wants all the details made public on what he suggested but if anyone would like to know the details, email me and I'll go over it.
Also, the other dealership charged me $120 for a pre-purchase inspection. Mark also did one(I think it's important to have a second opinion) for me and charged me $0.00

Interesting story and a pleasant surprise. I was told to stay away from Mile High and Courtesy since neither one had any techs left who even remember working on a NSX and that when you pull in with one, the service managers' eyes go $$$$$

Just wanted to update with two thumbs up for Mile High. I took my NSX in for an alignment and ride height adjustment on my new coilovers. Mark J took care of me, gave me a new MDX Tech loaner, and the job was done very professionally. He also gave me a killer price. Mark owns two NSX's, a 92 and a 98, both of which are serviced at this dealer. Their Acura Master Tech, Brandon, took good care of my NSX and even fixed a leaky main coolant hose clamp without charging me. I think we can safely add Mile High Acura to the approved NSX service list, as long as Mark and Brandon stay there lol.

Just wanted to update with two thumbs up for Mile High. I took my NSX in for an alignment and ride height adjustment on my new coilovers. Mark J took care of me, gave me a new MDX Tech loaner, and the job was done very professionally. He also gave me a killer price. Mark owns two NSX's, a 92 and a 98, both of which are serviced at this dealer. Their Acura Master Tech, Brandon, took good care of my NSX and even fixed a leaky main coolant hose clamp without charging me. I think we can safely add Mile High Acura to the approved NSX service list, as long as Mark and Brandon stay there lol.

Anyone know if Mark or Brandon is still there? I just ordered a Koyo radiator and I'm looking to get it installed.

I talk to Mark almost weekly. He's a great guy and yes, he is still there. He was at the meet we had at the Starbucks on Colorado a few months ago, I thought everyone met him?

Mark is still there. Brandon is not, but Mark tells me he has some new up and comers that do a great job on NSX's. They did my Koyo.

Back