• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Did some detailing...pic

Wash, clay, klasse, 2x NXT....ttl of about 4 hrs. The car has gained a huge amount of "pop". It feels like silk, but the bad news is that being so close to it for a prolonged period, I found a couple scratches I didnt know where there (small).

Montoya from this forum, s2ksimon from S2ki, is the doer of all the goodness here. He's fantastic!

136-3655_IMG.JPG

What did you use for the glass, dash, leather?

hmmm... Excellent results w/ the clay/polish/wax job! :cool:

Did you use a random orbital or buffer, or it was all elbow-grease w/ some perspiration... :confused:

If I find you a brandnew windshield for a 02+ NSX-T, can you buy it from me for $1400?!? :biggrin:

Re: What did you use for the glass, dash, leather?

Osiris_x11 said:
hmmm... Excellent results w/ the clay/polish/wax job! :cool:

It was Klasse AIO, which I think is different than a polish, its a stripper as far as I know.

osiris_x11 said:
Did you use a random orbital or buffer, or it was all elbow-grease w/ some perspiration... :confused:

It was all elbow grease, but surprisingly, it was quite easy.

Osiris_x11 said:
If I find you a brandnew windshield for a 02+ NSX-T, can you buy it from me for $1400?!? :biggrin:

Sure, if you deliver it, install it and guarantee it, Id do for that. Canadian dollars :D

Good Deal!

SPA_S2000 said:
It was Klasse AIO, which I think is different than a polish, its a stripper as far as I know. . .

...Sure, if you deliver it, install it and guarantee it, Id do for that. Canadian dollars :D

hmmm... So there's a stripper into the mix, huh... that sure sweetens the deal! :biggrin:

SPA_S2000 said:
It was all elbow grease, but surprisingly, it was quite easy.

hmmm... Grab a bargain random-orbital ($10-15) w/ 3 applicator bonnets, 3 buffing bonnets... (one each for paint-cleaner, polish, wax application/removal) you'll cut the time by atleast 50%! It's so easy to use, I'd even let my ol' man detail my NSX!!! :eek:

SPA_S2000 said:
Notice the stone chip, with some tiny spinder cracks, in the area just below my rear view. Bye bye $1400.
Most major insurance companies will cover the windsheild 100% with not deductible.

Armando

tis only a quick job.. if i really had unleashed all my tools, it would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than showroom condition .. heh heh :biggrin:

but there was no time for that.

Yeah insurance should cover the windshield with no impact on your rates. A lot of these glass places will cover part or all of the deductible as well.

The car looks sweet BTW! Hey Montoya, I still need you to come and do mine ;) My paint is in bad shape -- I need the whole treatment with the porter cable!

windshields come under comprehensive for me - which has a $5k deductable

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy high deductible batman! I recently moved mine up from $100 to $300... does it save that much more by having such a high deductible? Then again, I'm running a 91 and you're running an '02, so your insurance is probably significantly higher.

that is what happens once the replacement value is listed as over $100k. That was the lowest deductable that I could get - Cooperators.

Back