• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Die Another Day

Just saw it tonight.

Very, very good. Probably the best Bond since Connery.

Nice cars too. Although some of the car related scenes were painful to watch.

Excellent babe-age factor too.
wink.gif

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

The cars were really nice...let's see if I remember them all...

Aston-Martin Vanish, er Vanquish
Jaguar
57-ish Ford Convertible (Nice)
Ferrari 360
Diablo
Ford GT
Porsche 911
T-Bird (new)

Am I missing any?

-Jim

------------------
1986 Chevy Suburban

Probably the best Bond since Connery.

That's what other people have also been saying. On a dedicated-bond site i read some months ago that Pierce Brosnan has always been reserved in his judgement of the Bond films before being released. With DAD however Pierce said that it was gonna be a real winner of a movie.

A Quick Q: I heard a rumour that madonna is in a lesbian scene in DAD. *gross out* Is this the case?
frown.gif

Luckily Madonna just has a bit part.

Newest trend in action movies seem to be starting a helicopter from a free fall and flying off in to safety (coming soon to a Charlie's Angels sequel as well).

Overall though, it was pretty good, I also hear that they are looking to make a spinoff of the Hale Barry character in her own movie as a super CIA agent... heh.

Seeing the Lambo nose first in the farm slop was a bit sad
wink.gif

Madonna just stood there looking pretty rough, IMHO. Thankfully nothing happened and her on-screen time was short.

Her title song was pretty so-so as well.

Other than that....it was great.

-Jim

------------------
1986 Chevy Suburban

Originally posted by Jimbo:

Jaguar
Ferrari 360
Diablo
Ford GT
Porsche 911
T-Bird (new)

Am I missing any?

-Jim

Hey, Jimbo, I thought that the yellow one was 355, not 360 (i could be wrong, but isn't this the one that was transported in the airplane w/ diablo at the end)
confused.gif
?

Also, does the engine of Vanquish sound like in the movie in real life, too? If so, wow.. it sounded awesome.

I enjoyed the movie a lot, but my wife did not (could this be because I was drooling whole time about cars, and uh...
biggrin.gif
)

The Vanquish in the movie has a Mustang engine inside since the real Aston V12 would not have allowed the installation of the moving "weapons" inside the hood. These are real and not computer generated... it was showed in Top Gear two weeks ago. I imagine the sound is dubbed!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
I imagine the sound is dubbed!
biggrin.gif

Hi, Gheba,
Was it dubbed with real Vanquish engine or Mustang engine?

Originally posted by Jimbo:

Jaguar
Ferrari 360
Diablo
Ford GT
Porsche 911
T-Bird (new)

Am I missing any?

-Jim

Yeah, just one.
How can you forget that one-seater rocket car?
wink.gif

Originally posted by gheba_nsx:
Tiger, I would think they dubbed it with real Aston V12 engine sound. Mustang do not sound like that, even modified ones!

Hmm... I have just put Vanquish on my Christmas wish list (in 20 years
wink.gif
)!!

Completely unrealistic, no-hold-barred action and T&A. If that is your thing, then its a lot of fun.
I couldn't help laughing at how the director made MI6 wag her boobies around in the ice castle. That english chick is damn hot! If it wasn't for her, I'd probably have left the movie theater mad.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Tiger740:
Hmm... I have just put Vanquish on my Christmas wish list (in 20 years
wink.gif
)!!

Would you trade your NSX for one? The local Fry's electronics has a ton of 1:18 Bond Vanquish die cast models, and I was thinking of picking one up...

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Would you trade your NSX for one? The local Fry's electronics has a ton of 1:18 Bond Vanquish die cast models, and I was thinking of picking one up...

My NSX will stay with me forever (or I will have an NSX in my garage forever)
wink.gif

I would love to get Vanquish die cast models !!(I can put it into the pop corn machine, and see if it can biggie size it
biggrin.gif
)

Vanquish is a sweet car, but not worth a quarter-million IMHO. Still, Christmas is coming, and 'tis the season for giving.

A string of pictures of the Vanquish are here. In addition to the CarClassic site which has three Vanquish's for sale, there are also a couple available on our shore, including one listed on eBay here.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! (My preferred color is Skye Silver is anybody is feeling extra generous). ;-)

Regards.

According to the Dec. '02 issue of Motor Trend:

"A 400-plus-horsepower, rear-drive car on street tires would've been absolutely impossible to control on the set," says Smith, "so we had to resort to all-wheel drive."
The original powertrains were removed, "as neither Aston Martin nor Jaguar produce any bits needed to make them all-wheel-drivers," continues Smith. "We developed our own driveline, including a Ford automatic transmission and all-wheel-drive transfer case, and used the front axle out of one of your Explorer sport/utes." The vanquish's V-12 and the XK8's V-8 also found their way to the dumpster, in favor of 5.0L Ford crate motors putting out around 325hp. Connected to each car's stock exhaust system--sans catalytic converters--the Yankee V-8s sound fantastic.

Mabuhay from the Philippines!

Even on vacation, I can't stay away from NSXPrime... and I miss my NSX at home.

Anyway, I saw DAD here in PI.

The movie contained both the Ferrari F355 and 360 Modena.

Interesting about the drivetrain changes...

--Conrad -- Missing my NSX at home...

maomaonsx/PHOEN$X I stay corrected! So 4WD was the real reason for the Ford engine. Probably Top Gear preferred to give us a more romantic (-> weapons!
wink.gif
) reason... they also stated that the car costed 1,5mio total after all teh work they did on it. And the commentator said that he still would prefer the 250k$ version...
biggrin.gif

like i said once on a past forum, if a Bond film had an NSX it would be SWEET SWEET SWEET (as long as he didn't blow it up)

How can anyone say the NSX isn't beautiful? Shame....
wink.gif
It has the most beautiful Arrrshhehee....
wink.gif

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
like i said once on a past forum, if a Bond film had an NSX it would be SWEET SWEET SWEET (as long as he didn't blow it up)

How can anyone say the NSX isn't beautiful? Shame....
wink.gif
It has the most beautiful Arrrshhehee....
wink.gif

Neo, I couldn't agree with you more, the part about the NSX's behind and having one in the Bond movie.
biggrin.gif

BTW, this got me wondering, WHY didn't they??

Back