• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Do NSX's Run FOREVER!?!

good GOD! look at the ad below. 300K miles!!:eek::eek::eek:

where did this guy drive it? From Alaska to Florida....WEEKLY!?:eek:

the link has pictures too

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/913799050.html

1991 ACURA NSX - $19500 (VALLEY)
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-11-10, 3:18PM PST

1991 ACURA NSX , V6, 5 SPEED FULLY LOADED , CLEAN RUNS XLNT, HIGH MILES 300K ONLY 1500 MADE THIS # 361 ,$19,500 OFFER, FOR MORE INFO CALL 818-470-0497

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

I think 350,000 miles is the highest I've seen so far.
Anyone see a 400,000mile car here?

As far as lasting forever... I have a 43 year old car. ANY car can last forever if you take care of it and fix the things that break.
Problem is, a new engine for a NSX cost more than this entire example cost.

Last edited:
this is a picture i took in one of the valencia meets in '05

760820.JPG

Could that be "Charlotte"??? Hugh, is that you???

Good God no!

A) I'd live in Sadr City before California.
B) Charlotte is a '93 with 226K miles.
C) She's not for sale.
D) Charlotte has a new sister, Ahania. She's also '93 with about 70K miles.

What? I figured you'd snatch up that Ford GT with as crappy as the economy has been going!

GT prices haven't dropped enough yet. I was told many are being exported to Europe where they command double the US price.

The "new" NSX will most likely be a project car. I'm leaning towards sending it to SoS for a big bore N/A build, wide body/Super GT body kit and other assorted goodies. I really like the look of the 2003 Takata Dome #18 GT500 NSX.

I'm still in the pondering stage.

Not really worth that much less than a medium to low mileage car either although I think he will have to lower the price to actually sell it. I bet the last owner really enjoyed the car.

Will an NSX run longer than an aircooled boxter motor 911 or a VW bug maybe but the aluminum body is designed for 30 years.

The Nsx has longevity until the body becomes delicate.

Delicate? Lets look at another aluminum machine: the B-52 originated from the late 1940’s/early 1950’s. It was intended to be retired by the mid-sixties. Latest news is that the Air Force intends to keep flying them until 2040. Point is, I don’t think any of us will live to see the day our cars start snapping in two because they’ve become delicate.
But if that’s what you’re waiting for, look to the early coups that have had their roofs cut off to make the car into a “convertible.”

Will an NSX run longer than an aircooled boxter motor 911 or a VW bug maybe but the aluminum body is designed for 30 years.

The Nsx has longevity until the body becomes delicate.

S-N_curves.PNG

Unlike steels, aluminium alloys have no well-defined fatigue limit, meaning that fatigue failure will eventually occur under even very small cyclic loadings. This implies that engineers must assess these loads and design for a fixed life rather than an infinite life.

The NSX won't last forever. But I bet we'll be seeing 500k+ mile NSXs driving around in the future. And that's amazing.

Last edited:
Unlike steels, aluminium alloys have no well-defined fatigue limit, meaning that fatigue failure will eventually occur under even very small cyclic loadings. This implies that engineers must assess these loads and design for a fixed life rather than an infinite life.

The NSX won't last forever. But I bet we'll be seeing 500k+ mile NSXs driving around in the future. And that's amazing.

And at 500,000 miles, add a rollbar, and do another 500,000.

Anyone with a vintage car, or a race car will tell you, you can make anything strong. Just weld in enough bars.

Last edited:
And still, we have the milage obsessed buyers and owners.

My 1998 NSX only has 23000 miles on it now but since I got it it is my main car. But being in the restaurant bussiness, I only get off once a week, but other then that I drive whenever I can. I have to say but if anyone buys an NSX or any sports car for that matter just because it looks pretty in their garage. Save yourself the insurance money and maintenance and buy a model or a poster for your garage. Cars are made to be driven. :wink:

S-N_curves.PNG

Point well taken, outer body rust warranty was 5 years unlimited mileage. 30 years is the life expectancy on the body according to dealers-Tuners in Japan. Will it last beyond that probably, will there be stress that the naked eye won't see probably.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Media/books/bdp/honda_nsx_-_bruno_de_prato_-_46-47.htm

It deteriorates with fatigue over time, with the rist of structural failures

Eat a spark plug down the engine, that slows down its life.
Trev

Back