• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does Anyone In the Alberta Area Know of This Car?

To start I don't have the VIN. It's going up for auction on Wednesday or Thursday. It has 90K miles, 5 speed, wear and tear. Meaning worn out seats, arm rest broken, stereo crackling etc. Nothing major. Has an HKS exhaust, adjustable coiloever suspension (the kind with the remote inside of the car for hard or soft setting) and the wierd part is it has all new (in Honda boxes) parts to fix the front end.

NSX2.jpg

NSX1.jpg

I want to see if anyone has any information about the car. I don't mind doing a timing belt service and what not. The car runs and drives as it sits (the hoses are looped where the radiator is supposed to be).

Once again I DO NOT have the VIN at this time.

Yes I know this car.
It had a rock fall on the front end and then underneath in the mountains coming back from Kelowna.
The Insurance said it was fixable...then the work began with like $25,000.00 worth of fixing going on, I guess when it came to Aluminum welding, that is when everything stopped.
The car was written off and that is end of story.
Friend was paid out.
The guys name is Sam and lives out of town.
This car is worn out I would suggest to you.
I would stay away....or bid on it just for some parts in boxes.
Trev

How is your 2005 coming that you got out of Sask?
You must know that car inside and out by now!
Trev

where is this? more info needed man is this your pic? cause I have seen this pic before:rolleyes:

These are not my pictures. It's going through an auction. It is located in Edmonton. You have seen the pictures before or you've seen the car before?

Yes I know this car.
It had a rock fall on the front end and then underneath in the mountains coming back from Kelowna.
The Insurance said it was fixable...then the work began with like $25,000.00 worth of fixing going on, I guess when it came to Aluminum welding, that is when everything stopped.
The car was written off and that is end of story.
Friend was paid out.
The guys name is Sam and lives out of town.
This car is worn out I would suggest to you.
I would stay away....or bid on it just for some parts in boxes.
Trev

When we had a quick look at it you're right. General wear and tear but that doesn't bother me too much. I'm mainly interested in if the thing was turbo'd at 20psi for all of it's life and then quickly put back to stock.

We're planning to bid about 7-8K on it. After fixing/inspection it should be about 11k CAD all in. Maybe $500 extra to see why the back left wheel is at an odd angle.

As for the welding, read further into the bottom paragraph. That doesn't stop me at all. I already went through the whole process of finding a proper guy/equipment.

How is your 2005 coming that you got out of Sask?
You must know that car inside and out by now!
Trev

The welding single handed set me back a year or so on my car. Many people think that passing write off is extremely easy but it isn't. We had to find an appropriate welder who could do thin gauge aluminum AND that was certified so the inspection place would pass it. Just ridiculous.

But yes, I know the car inside and out from the front end perspective. I always laugh when I see people on here say their car had 20K in damage to the door and quarter panel. If you buy the parts from the dealer yes, it costs that much. A quick look through this forum and people are selling entire sides (fender, door skin, quarter panel) for $1500. The car is getting put on hold again for the next two semesters but it's coming along nicely.

Nice!!!
I can hook you up with the Sam if you want.
He came by our last get together with his daughter in his 350z but didn't stay...they where just passing by and saw us.
He had just recently had the timing belt done and other things as well to get it running properly.
I didn't hear anything about it having turbo or supercharger or anything like that....just exhaust,,, oh and I think my first set of top speed headers that I gave him.
Give me a call if you want tomorrow at work
780-468-1110
Trevy
I sold him my Dali Rice Rocket exhaust as well but not sure where its sitting.
Also not sure what ENSSEX is rolling his eyes for...can't figure that out...I find this person hard to read sometimes. We all have our special ways, especially me!!! lol

^^Thanks. I'm not going to jump the gun on anything here. Someone might really want it and bid up to $15K on it. I'm going to be writing midterms but my brother's going to be there. If no one else is interested then we'll get it. We're not sure if the insurance set a starting price yet.

That's exactly the engine/tranny info I was looking to get. Thanks.

sold for $15,900 risky buy but you never know.... thought i could add another one to the collection...oh well more money to "invest" in my car:biggrin:

^^I was about to post that the guy (I assume you) looked like he was really going for the car. Outbidding everyone on the first shot.

Enjoy the car and if you decide to part out in the future I need a few things (front left lower control arm and two metal radiator hoses).

no man i didnt buy the car i was going to pay $11000 tops my friend was bidding for me because iam kicked out form that auction lol and i never saw the car in person. its a risky buy for $15,900 i think, i already have a yellow 91 but two NSX's wouldnt be bad aswell...

Back