• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dolphin Abduction - This is Insane!

How did they become "domesticated"? :rolleyes:

Are you asking me for a history lesson? I don't get your point. I still think comparing a pet dog to a dolphin imprisoned in a large tank to be absurd.

All points well taken. Never said elephants or snow leopards were justified. There is clearly pain there as well. Trying to keep it limited to the dolphin for now or this topic and thread could go on forever. Kinda like supporting your favorite charity.

LOL... I see... so the dolphin is yours? Is it the cute tail? :) No problem, I agree with you that keeping them captive for entertainment is wrong. I will however continue to think there are many others that are wrong as well. Hopefully one day all of it will change. But my question to you is... are you OK with the circus elephant? Or the Lion in the hotel lobby?

Last edited:
Are you asking me for a history lesson? I don't get your point. I still think comparing a pet dog to a dolphin imprisoned in a large tank to be absurd.

LOL... I see... so the dolphin is yours? Is it the cute tail? :) No problem, I agree with you that keeping them captive for entertainment is wrong. I will however continue to think there are many others that are wrong as well. Hopefully one day all of it will change. But my question to you is... are you OK with the circus elephant? Or the Lion in the hotel lobby?

Negative on the lion and elephant ... how can one be OK on that. I agree with you that many others are wrong and I too hope one day it will change.

It is not that the dolphin is mine. It is that so many people think it's OK with the dolphin, because it, more than the others does not look stressed ........ much like, the lion circling in his cage . The dolphin actually looks as if it is having a blast! This can be very misleading. That's the point.

It is that so many people think it's OK with the dolphin, because it, more than the others does not look stressed ........ much like, the lion circling in his cage . The dolphin actually looks as if it is having a blast! This can be very misleading. That's the point.

Some will argue with you that the Dolphin is indeed having fun. And it very well may be. They are extremely intelligent and can actually appreciate the care they are given. They like the games, the playing, etc. The question is, is that a proper life for a dolphin? To me the answer is no. GIVEN THE CHOICE, a wild dolphin will never choose to live in captivity. But they are a cash cow. As is the lion, the elephant, the chimp, the snow leopard.

People make ridiculous comparisons all the time. I have heard people compare dogfighting to MMA. It's laughable. I have done MMA. I get into the ring voluntarily, with full respect to my partner, with a desire to test my skill and not to hurt, injur or kill him. "intelligent" people throw dogs into a ring, close the door behind them, and entertain themselves with the bloodfest. And they say these are the same.

I am wondering what struck a nerve with you with this dolphin. Just see it at a show? what is resort world? is that related to sea world?

Looks like the Dolphin was coming to a Human Zoo show.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AiTL986-Tg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7AiTL986-Tg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

There's a documentary film called "The cove" made in 2009 that talk about the Japensese dolphin hunting culture.

The location the documentary talks about is in Taiji, Wakayama, Japan.

Here's a wiki link

When they lure the dolphins into the cove for slaughter, the whole cove's sea water truns blood red. It's sad just thinking about it and typing this... :mad......

I've got a question to the International Police with No Money anymore (USA): Why care about what other cultures (in this case, the NSX makers) do? I know that if other countries tell our American arrogance what to do, we would just flip them off. Believe me, there are plenty of issues we have.....

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KRD8e20fBo?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KRD8e20fBo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I've got a question to the International Police with No Money anymore (USA): Why care about what other cultures (in this case, the NSX makers) do? I know that if other countries tell our American arrogance what to do, we would just flip them off. Believe me, there are plenty of issues we have.....

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KRD8e20fBo?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4KRD8e20fBo?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Thanks for the trailer, I guess I will have to see it. But what are you talking about USA Policing, etc. Why? because the people that made the movie and are concerned with the dolphins are mostly American? That doesn't make it American policing. I don't see the Administration involved or our military there. There are people that care about things like this from all sorts of nationalities. I mean I get your point of policing the world but it doesn't apply here.

Thanks for the trailer, I guess I will have to see it. But what are you talking about USA Policing, etc. Why? because the people that made the movie and are concerned with the dolphins are mostly American? That doesn't make it American policing. I don't see the Administration involved or our military there. There are people that care about things like this from all sorts of nationalities. I mean I get your point of policing the world but it doesn't apply here.

Another example to my point:

One of my more memorable courses in college years ago was Cultural Anthropology (GE elective course).

I learned that in many Polynesian islands that when the baby boy would cry, the mother would rub the toddler's penis as an "island pacifier". It's pretty effective in getting the baby boy to stop crying.

The question posed to the students was if this is wrong or not (child molesting) and if it's wrong should the Americans send in people to "correct" the situation (take the kids away, imprison the village moms, re-educate, etc.)

The class was deeply divided. One group was preaching the bible, morals, etc. the other group talked about minding our own business and on the scale of things this was really nothing.

With the dolphins in Japan I'm split.

With the dolphins in Japan I'm split.

Bwahahaha! Unintentional pun! :smile:

chinese-news-report-on-dolphin-hunt.jpg

Exactly. Americans, in general, are a concerned, generous and compassionate breed by nature and if they have the intelligence, money and means to help, they get involved. Besides, the children here calling for a stop to the abductions are from Singapore and may have families in the U.S.

Back