• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Double DIN - Headunit Group Buy

Well, After visiting CES I think I found the best options for those in need of a headunit upgrade/replacement. Here is what I found:

The Valor NVG-670WT, I will share all I know and offer a group buy to those who are interested, my company specialty is home theater and corporate theater, but I have access to 12 volt as well and when I saw this piece I knew I wanted it and decided to share the piece if anyone else has a need for the features offered in this unit.

A lot of info about the head unit has been discussed in this thread:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63233

4799NVG-720WT_Features.jpg

4799NVG-720WT_Front.jpg

4799NVG-670WT_Features.jpg

4799NVG-670WT_Overview.jpg

but I will add more to this as I get the info.

I can get anything in the Valor line but to make things simple I have picked the four headunits I think will appeal to the most people and will be doing a group buy on these first, if someone finds other Valor items they want send me a PM and I will quote those to you.

All four head units have the following features, all feature touchscreen controll of all major functions. The NVG-720WT and NVG-670WT have GPS navigation systems as part of the package. The double DIN NVG-670WT has the navigation built into the main unit, while the NVG-720WT single DIN unit has the navigation unit as an outboard unit. All maps are loaded onto a 4Gig SD card, eliminating the need for DVD-ROM mapping discs. This enables both units to have true multi-zone functionality, with DVD audio/video playback, while using the navigation system. Passengers will enjoy iPod audio, and video with iLink built in. iLink allows a direct connection from the head unit to your iPod, will display images and mutilmedia info from the iPod on the main units screen, the controll of the iPod is transfered to the included remote allowing the iPod to be placed out of site in the glovebox or center console. Because iLink supports video the video iPod can be used as a movie storage device and then played back on screen. A 20Gig iPod stores upto 5 movies and with DivX compression upto 20 movies is possible. These head units support most multimedia formats including MPEG 1, 2, and 4. AVI, DivX, and Xvid files. you can even add the optional USB interface cable and add a USB 2.0 based portable hard dive or jump drive to iLink, iLink can read and playback all relevant audio & video files stored on the harddrive through the on-screen displays and wireless remote control. AM/FM radio tuner included, XM radio ready with additional tuner interface, DVD/CD, and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround with line level outs for all channels.

The ITS-710WT and DTS-660WT are multimedia powerhouses. Both units ship without navigation but can be adding at a later time with the optional external GPS unit. This navigation add-on uses a 1Gig SD card for map storage and a DVD-ROM mapping software, the card is loaded into the head unit and retrieves mapping information from the DVD-ROM then the DVD can be removed and the map data stays on the SD card, while the DVD/CD player is free to play movies or music.

All four units boast a built in SD card reader and TV tuner, XM tuner ready, iPod ready with iLink, Bluetooth enabled for hands free cell phone use and can play back all MPEG4 video formats. 16:9 wide screen, DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/CD-r/CD-RW, High Res LCD 337,000 pixels, AM/FM Tuner w/30 presets, Last scene memory, wireless remote, 1 a/v input, 2 a/v outputs, 1 line out for 2nd zone, front; rear; center; sub line outs, video input for rear vision camera w/auto trigger, Dolby 5.1 Surround, High/Low pass crossovers, Pro Logic II, 48Khz & 96 kHz sampling rates, custom EQ settings, Bas and treble control. selectable Q control for subwoofer, PAL & NTSC support, DVD/CD changer control, cell phone mute, 2.5v line level outputs, smart dial control.

Pricing Info:

NVG-670WT Double DIN 6.5' touch-screen, Navigation built in Retail 1899.95 GB Price 1400.00

NVG-720WT Single full motorized 7.0" touch-screen, Navigation included as a remote mount module Retail 1849.95 GB Price 1390.00

DTS-660WT Double DIN 6.5" touch-screen, NO-Navigation included Retail 1199.95 GB Price 910.00

ITS-710WT Single full motorized 7.0" touch-screen, NO-Navigation included Retail 1149.95 GB Price 900.00

Optional pieces:
NAV-1 Add on Navigation module for use with DTS-660WT or ITS-710WT Retail 749.95 GB Price 590.00

D2 Data cable for use with iLink allows for USD heard drive or jump drive to be added for media storage device Retail 29.95 GB Price 17.00

I have commited 10 head units, mainly because that got the attention of the distributor and that got us very aggresive pricing. For those interested I will be selling them for Dealer/GB Priceing plus shipping, I am not interested in selling these as a mainstay of my business, so once they are gone I am not sure that I will do this again. I do want everyone to know, I am offering this to you guys at cost because I want them to go fast and I want this to be as smooth as possible, so before you jump in and say you want one, I have a couple of things I want to make very clear. Do your homework on this type of product, As with any Double DIN or Single DIN headunit in a NSX, the install is very much a custom install, you will have to modify your center console trim and fabricate brackets to hold the head unit. If you order a head unit, I will deliver a head unit, then you own a head unit. If you do not like it you still own it, if it is defective or needs warranty repair I will of course arrange replacement or repair, I just do not want to have 10 units go out and 5 come back because something like wrong color or I thaught it would do this and it did not, so please ask all your questions up front and I will do my best to answer them all. All I ask is make sure you want it before you buy it.

PM your orders, I prefer Credit Card payment and will ship the head units as soon as I have them and the credit card payment has been processed. The NVG series head units are shipping from Valor in aprox. three weeks, the other units are in stock and can be shipped sooner. Please feel free to ask as many questions as needed but please use a PM to order what you want, the orders will be filled first come first served and after the 10 unit commitment has been met, I may do a second round of orders. Missouri residence will have to pay sales tax 7.45% (sorry).

Thank you,

Dave Dozier

I doubt that any double din unit will fit the oem pod. The pod is only deep enough to fit a stand alone monitor.

Back