• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drag Racing Racing Results

Here are the drag racing results as of 12/11/01:

Category - Name - 1/4 Time - 1/4 Speed - 1/8 Time - 1/8 Speed - Best 60’
------------------- ----------------- ------ ------- ------ ------ --------
Norm Aspirated - dswartz - 12.53 - 111.45 - 8.08 - 88.39 - 1.86
NOS - 4g62bt2c30a - 12.53 - 117 - x - x - 2.20
NOS - NosNsx - 12.2 - 113 - x - x - x
Supercharged - Attitude Adjuster - 12.37 - 114.12 - 8.05 - 89.90 - 1.98
Turbocharged - Gerry - 11.95 - 121.61 - 7.87 - 94.71 - 2.01
Outright Fastest - nsxlr8 - 11.60 - 120.00 - x - x - 1.75

Car Info:

Norm Aspirated - dswartz - 98 Coupe, CT I/H/E, Test Pipes, CT Clutch, Volk TE37’s, Nitto 555R Drag Radials 225x50x16. Weight 2860 (remove spare, tools, engine cover, & mats) + Light wheels and 1/4 tank of gas).

NOS – 4g62bt2c30a - 91 Coupe, 100 Shot NOS, I/H/E, NSX Modified Ceramic Clutch, Nitto 555R Drag Radials 285x35x28.

NOS - NosNsx - 150 Shot NOS Direct Port, Intake, DC Headers, RM Exhaust, Cat Bypass, Complete Fuel System.

Supercharged – Attitude Adjuster - 91 Coupe CT SC 9psi, Dali Clutch, all else stock. Weight 3255

Turbocharged – Gerry - 92 Coupe Twin Turbo 8lbs of Boost. Weight 3470 with driver.

Outright Fastest – nsxlr8 - 91 Coupe, Dual Stage NOS (250 Total Shot), dual bottle warmers, electronic NOS controller, Walborough 255lph in-tank fuel pump, custom Borla exhaust, custom intake manifold, Centerforce Clutch, Mickey Thompson ET Street Tires. Weight 2650 (remove front sway bar, passenger seat, etc.)

[This message has been edited by dswartz (edited 01 December 2001).]

[This message has been edited by dswartz (edited 11 December 2001).]

4g62bt2c30a: Your 60 ft time correct with drag radials????
confused.gif
What's your total weight?

------------------
Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

[This message has been edited by Attitude Adjuster (edited 24 November 2001).]

Originally posted by Attitude Adjuster:
4g62bt2c30a: Your 60 ft time correct with drag radials????
confused.gif
What's your total weight?

This was my first time at the track with the car. I could not find the sweetspot that would give me a 2.0 or less 60 ft.I did not heat the tires or change the car in any way from how it is on the street. Next time at the track I will heat the tires, lower pressure and hopefully get the 60 ft I am looking for . I know based on the mph it can go 12.2's or less we will see???????
Corey
P.S. standard weight including spare etc.....

[This message has been edited by 4g62bt2c30a (edited 26 November 2001).]

Did all of you guys run at the same track on the same day? I'd love to do 11's with only NOS.

How does the dual stage NOS work?

Is "Gerry" the GJ from CA with the Work wheels and lexan hatch?

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Originally posted by Veleno:
Did all of you guys run at the same track on the same day? I'd love to do 11's with only NOS.

Nope.. We are just posting our best times and the configuration of our cars. This just gives everyone a perspective of how fast you are at the drag strip with respect to your mods.

------------------
Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

Hi Guys, my question is not a flame so please take in the context of a genuine desire to learn more of your perspective....

Why do you guy’s drag race the NSX? It seems to me as a bystander that this is excessively hard on the car and not a true strength of the NSX. What am I missing?

Thanks.

proberly the same reason if a mustang on the street came next to you at a red light reving the motor you'd race him that drag racing isn't it? just illegal (which i prefer :) even though there is a couple of mustangs out their that will lift the front wheels of the ground and leave you sitting there it all boils down to having fun, right? don't get me wrong i don't put slicks on my car or drag race all the time (i've only gone once this year) but it certainly beats driving slow like i see many nsxer's doing around here!!!!:)

Originally posted by justin hall:
Hi Guys, my question is not a flame so please take in the context of a genuine desire to learn more of your perspective....

Why do you guy’s drag race the NSX? It seems to me as a bystander that this is excessively hard on the car and not a true strength of the NSX. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Unless you have an SCCA license and a roll cage, its the only form of wheel-to-wheel racing I know of. Furthermore, the pits are filled with auto enthusiasts who share our passion for their cars. Finally, as 4g62bt2c30a puts it, its fun!

Dave.

Wouldn't tracking the car be much harder on the car? First, you are spending more time flogging the car (20 minutes sessions vs. 13 seconds/multiple runs).
There is probably more wear on brakes and suspension parts as well. The engine is being driven to redline on both occasions, but for longer periods of time at the track.
The car is being run hard in both scenarios, but for much longer over the course of a day at the track.

Is that wrong?

Thanks.[/B][/QUOTE]
I ran my car once this year at the drags I made four passes, with each pass I ran a different car,SS Camero,newer Mustang with slicks, Dodge truck,and the best one of all a new Corvette,they all got beat by my 184 inch Honda on street tires. Its also a very good way to find the HP you are making at that given time.

cool, sounds like the resounding theme is "it's fun" which is great. have a good time!!

regarding the question I raised about being hard on the car, after further thought the only area I can imagine it being harder on the car than track use would be on the clutch, so that probably ends up not being an issue.

I appreciate that you posted ¼ mile times with the various modifications. I did have a couple of questions.
1. What RPM do you launch with?
2. What tire pressure do you set for the rear tires?
3. How much difference is there between street tires and drag radials?

I am not sure that I will take my car drag racing, but like to see benchmarks for various modifications to NSXs. I understand you are not putting these forward as benchmarks, but they do represent real results.

I am having a 9 psi CTSC installed this week, along with CT headers on my 91. This gives me an idea of the results I could see, other things being equal.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Roy:
I appreciate that you posted ¼ mile times with the various modifications. I did have a couple of questions.

1. 3000-3500 with OEM Yoko's, 4000-5000 with Nitto Drag Radials.
2. 25 lbs with OEM Yoko's (note, if you go lower you stand a chance of destroying the inside of your tires, I know, I did it once), 20 lbs with the Nitto's.
3. My times went from 12.8 to 12.5 by going to Nitto Drag Radials.

Dave.

Originally posted by Roy:

I am not sure that I will take my car drag racing, but like to see benchmarks for various modifications to NSXs. I understand you are not putting these forward as benchmarks, but they do represent real results.

I am having a 9 psi CTSC installed this week, along with CT headers on my 91. This gives me an idea of the results I could see, other things being equal.

Thanks!

I launched my car at 1000-1500 RPMs.
I only ran my car with Nittos 300 Treadwear Cheapies 225-16s; I haven't ran the car with street or deag slicks. The pressure was at 30 PSI when heated.
Everything minus clutch (Dali) and CTSC is stock. I have stock headers, exhaust, cats, mufflers. Oops, I forgot, I put different exhaust tips on the car.?.?
biggrin.gif

I recently put my new tires on the car with wider and sticky Toyos 275-18s. I added a CD player and Amps, but took out the front spare, the toolbox in the trunk (and put the amps there. Also, I removed the engine cover. Everything else is untouched including the floormats. I like the keep the car pretty much intacted like I would drive it on the street. My next enhancement will be a subwoofer and other speakers to the stereo system; this should DEFINATELY put me in the 11s!!
biggrin.gif

OOOHHH,

BTW,
I just smoked a fixed-up, 911 turbo on the highway on the way home
smile.gif
I KNOW it was fixed-up, just don't know how much. The exhaust sounded sweet for the split second that I was at the aft of the car. After leaving him by by 4-6 cars (twice) I had to get off at my exit.
wink.gif

------------------
Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

[This message has been edited by Attitude Adjuster (edited 01 January 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Attitude Adjuster (edited 01 January 2002).]

Have any of you guys who ran 120 (or more) trap speeds dynoed your cars? If so what RWHP does that require?

You will need to make over 400 hp to the wheels to run 120 mph in the 1/4 mile, when the weather gets better in California I'll be going back to the track to run my car @ 15 lbs of boost (503hp@the wheels)with a set of DOT street slicks, hoping to run mid 10's @ 130mph car already ran in the 11's with 275/30/ZR19 Pirelli P-ZERO's @ 8 lbs of boost @ 121.61 mph.

Well I just watched the Best Motoring video Febuary 2002. Its all about NSXs featuring the new 2002 NSX with the revised headlight.

The best time for the new 2002 NSX typeS is 12.764

The best time for the 2000 NSX typeS-Zero is 12.478

Both times are achieved with the same driver, not bad for stock NSXs.

Back