• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno results for TT NSX!

Is this with the Bell TT kit?

What other mods do you have on the car?
What psi are you running at?

------------------
Richard

Originally posted by Runutzzzzz:
Yes with the Bell kit, I only mods I have are the turbo kit and a clutch.

1) What year is the car?

2) How are you handling fuel? Are you retaining the factory ECU, with an additional injector controller? (Which one?) Are you using an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? Etc.

3) What did you do about retarding the timing?

4) Are you running with the cat converters on?

Thanks,
Marc

I was reading on the Bell website, and their times/numbers on an unmodified NSX with their TT kit are:

390HP/305TQ

Is there any reason why your numbers are different from theirs? I would think that if the TT kit was added to a stock NSX, it should yield the same(if not very close to) numbers that they claim.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm only trying to understand. I am considering buying the TT kit and so I'd like to learn as much as I can before I buy it.

Thanks for the help

one more thing, did the TT kit come with the exhaust?

------------------
Richard

[This message has been edited by Veleno (edited 12 November 2000).]

Originally posted by SpeedDemon:
1) What year is the car?

2) How are you handling fuel? Are you retaining the factory ECU, with an additional injector controller? (Which one?) Are you using an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? Etc.

3) What did you do about retarding the timing?

4) Are you running with the cat converters on?

Thanks,
Marc

Haltech AIC, which SUCKS.
smile.gif
ECU Retards timing, with cats.

Originally posted by Veleno:
I was reading on the Bell website, and their times/numbers on an unmodified NSX with their TT kit are:

390HP/305TQ

Is there any reason why your numbers are different from theirs? I would think that if the TT kit was added to a stock NSX, it should yield the same(if not very close to) numbers that they claim.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm only trying to understand. I am considering buying the TT kit and so I'd like to learn as much as I can before I buy it.

Thanks for the help

one more thing, did the TT kit come with the exhaust?

There quote for 390HP/305TW are more than likely to the flywheel. I don't know the calculations to determine what 350 to the wheels would yield.

Haltech AIC, which SUCKS.
smile.gif
ECU Retards timing, with cats.

Was your factory ECU reprogrammed? By who, or with what chip? It's not like the stock factory ECU looks at how much boost you are running and retards the timing
smile.gif

Those hp/torque figures if anything sound HIGH. You're making well in excess of what Bell claims. I'd think 350hp and 280 torque at the wheels is well over 400hp and 320 torque at the flywheel.

Sure there isn't some little tweak or two you've done on the car other than the stock Bell kit, a performance clutch, and Haltech AIC for fuel instead of what comes with the Bell Kit?

In any case, congrats, those figures are great. I can only hope I get results near that when the Bell twin turbo kit gets installed on my bone-stock 97 NSX in a month.

Marc

Originally posted by SpeedDemon:
Was your factory ECU reprogrammed? By who, or with what chip? It's not like the stock factory ECU looks at how much boost you are running and retards the timing
smile.gif

Those hp/torque figures if anything sound HIGH. You're making well in excess of what Bell claims. I'd think 350hp and 280 torque at the wheels is well over 400hp and 320 torque at the flywheel.

Sure there isn't some little tweak or two you've done on the car other than the stock Bell kit, a performance clutch, and Haltech AIC for fuel instead of what comes with the Bell Kit?

In any case, congrats, those figures are great. I can only hope I get results near that when the Bell twin turbo kit gets installed on my bone-stock 97 NSX in a month.

Marc

Well there was a new engine installed in the car about 2-3 months ago, I guess it's a strong engine?! There are no other modifications on the car besides that. If I were to get a NEW fuel system, (don't get the haltech F5) I would gain about another 1-20HP!! We had the exhaust probe in the pipe and I noticed that the fuel curve was not smooth. I plan on getting the Haltech E6K, and RC 550 Inj, I posted a time of 12.3 on street tires on the old blown up motor! I should run a mid 11 time with some drag radials!

I posted a time of 12.3 on street tires on the old blown up motor!

You blew up the last motor? That's not a good sign
smile.gif
. Let me guess, detonation from not getting the fuel the engine needed, or perhaps not enough timing retard?

Dswartz: very good point re: cams. I don't know the specs on the 97 NSX cams, but I bet there's a ton of overlap so the turbos are pushing the air right out of the engine. Overlap's great for an NA engine to get air moving in fast once things get going, but bad for forced induction.

Anyone have any recommendations for a company experienced with cams & cam specs who could grind a set for a forced-induction NSX?

Marc

Runutzzzzz - you are right about the older Haltec; you should have gone with the E6K. It is a much better unit and is much more suited to what you are doing. The 550 cc injectors should be fine for what you are doing and the E6K should be able to controll them precisely enough not to affect idle.

As far as the cam, I don't remember the exact specs, but I checked them several years ago and there was a lot less overlap than I would have expected. Also, they seem to work fine with the supercharged motors.

350hp at the rear wheels would be 412 at the crank with a 15% loss. That is about 20 hp more than Corky claims, which is certainly possible as his numbers are at 5.5 psi, yours are at 6psi and you have a more accurate fuel control system. Also, he ran his in San Antonio, TX and you are probably in a colder region (it is Nov., after all). Dyno correction factors are designed for NA cars and tend to slightly underestimate the effect of colder air on forced induction cars.

[This message has been edited by David (edited 13 November 2000).]

Robert, those numbers are almost exactly what my TT '91 pushed through the rollers running 6 psi with only internal engine modification being comptech stainless valves. Also with the Mechtech ECU and Haltech F5, RC injectors. 348 hp, 280 # tq. No cats. Crappy Borla muffler, RM clutch. As far as reliability, my car has been turboed since 5/97 with no glitches in performance, other than a bad MAP bypass sensor switch. For performance, I was at NSXPO this year, and several other members had the opportunites to ride/compare this setup to others. They could possibly comment and not be biased. And FWIW, you CAN break into the 11's on your car with slicks (I ran a best of 11.99 @ Gateway in St. Louis) with Hoosiers--not very far into 11's, but 11's anyway :)

Back