• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Electrical loose wire infront of radiator

Just cleaned the Dali radiator shield and after reinstalling it saw a loose female plug/wire originating from the left (frontal view). It is sitting on the plate front of the radiator!

The male plug is right under the Acura emblem, it appears to be part of the horn yet the horn is working without the ignition key ...... !

[This message has been edited by Hrant (edited 06 July 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Hrant (edited 06 July 2002).]

It would help to know what color the wires are and how many. In case you didn't know there are 2 horns... even with one disconnected the other one will still work.
Another possibility would be the trigger switch located next to the hood safety catch.

[This message has been edited by Sensei (edited 07 July 2002).]

I believe Sensei is right. I tried downloading the electrical chapter from manual but did not have success.

The male/female are secured on the center cross plastic bar that connects the front fender air duct ......... I must have knocked them loose when I removed my bra ... but attaching them together did not seem to be too secure ...........

I guess I have to put my ear next to the two horns and test/hear the result ........ LOLL!

I'm pretty sure it's your outside temperature sensor that came loose.

------------------
G Dummy~

Faster than stock.
:D :D :D

This is actually a connector for daytime running lights for Canadian cars.
Not used in American sold cars all of them have it.

[This message has been edited by danfrancisdo (edited 09 July 2002).]

Back