• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine cover prop retainer / holder

The retainer / holder / clip for my 92 engine cover prop is broken. It's the part the hold the prop / stick in place when the cover is closed. I couldn't find the part number. Do I need to buy the whole cover for that little thing? Thanks in advance.

Nai

I'm not sure exactly what piece(s) you are referring to but here are the part numbers for all the associated parts. All seem to be available still in the US supply chain except for Bracket B. But you can probably get Bracket B from Japan if that's the part you need.

Bracket A, Rod Holder - 69112-SL0-000
Bracket B, Rod Holder - 69113-SL0-000
Holder, Rod - 90677-SE0-003
Grommet, Hood Stay - 91604-SD2-013

There are some screw/washers associated as well.

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/v-199...ed-manual/body-air-conditioning--rear-hatch-1

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly what piece(s) you are referring to but here are the part numbers for all the associated parts. All seem to be available still in the US supply chain except for Bracket B. But you can probably get Bracket B from Japan if that's the part you need.

Bracket A, Rod Holder - 69112-SL0-000
Bracket B, Rod Holder - 69113-SL0-000
Holder, Rod - 90677-SE0-003
Grommet, Hood Stay - 91604-SD2-013

There are some screw/washers associated as well.

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/v-199...ed-manual/body-air-conditioning--rear-hatch-1

Thank you for you quick reply. It is difficult to describe … their images from their site is for a Tara, that rod / prop for the engine cover swing up from the engine bay. But my 92, the rod is swing down from the cover. It look like different shape too. And I did changed the model year, but the image didn't change…

Thank you for you quick reply. It is difficult to describe … their images from their site is for a Tara, that rod / prop for the engine cover swing up from the engine bay. But my 92, the rod is swing down from the cover. It look like different shape too. And I did changed the model year, but the image didn't change…

That image is for the coupe engine cover. I know it’s misleading because it shows the cover split in 2 but the coupe engine cover is 2 pieces you just don’t separate them during normal use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That image is for the coupe engine cover. I know it’s misleading because it shows the cover split in 2 but the coupe engine cover is 2 pieces you just don’t separate them during normal use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh… my bad… lol thank you for explaining! Since I bought the car with the holder has already broken, I have never seen the part, don't know what it looks like. Any of you have a picture of it? I think it's either 69112 or 69113? Thank you again.

Back