• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Est Fest 2011 photos - teaser

Here's a taste of what's coming. Rick in his youth ....

54472619.jpg

Hey ... wait a minute, Is that a wedding band I see on his finger?

Last edited:
You can see him looking at christina at the other direction. Needless to say he slept on the floor last night. More pics to come this week. Stay tuned.

Hard floor....but it was soooooo worth it !

Thanks Owen,Bash & Daria for the terrific weekend. I know a ton of planning went into this. Thanks also to Paul for the beautiful scenic routes. Rob & Garrick, like I said at the tech meet, we are all so lucky to have guys like you so close by and to be so supportive.

( and a special thanks to Christina for being such a terrific sport.... And driving the NSX home at 150 km/hr....... I have the picture to prove it )

Here's the one crappy shot i took with my iPhone. Didn't bring the fancy equipment Sean & Kevin brought but i thought i'd throw it up anyway.

2O0uusj

Show off!! That's a kickass shot you got there and I can't believe that was off an iPhone. Take that Brad!!

Seriously though. It was a solid team effort by the executives. Isaiah Tubbs is a beautiful venue that we would definitely repeat in the future. The event kept a nice pace all weekend long and we enjoyed some beautiful scenic drives, wines, cheeses, ciders thanks to some solid work by the recon team. Prizes and dinner sponsors wouldn't have been possible without some hard work to build on our relationships with Honda and the dealers. It was also an effort to keep up with communications so to engage members regularly and kept everyone informed throughout the planning process.

Sorry for not having to post any pictures still, but we are sitting by the bonfire and we are just taking it easy tonight. As usual at Est Fest we have good stories to share when we get back. Just ask Red to start with his first.

Great showing guys!

Last edited:
Great job guys!

I bet everyone had an excellent time. It is not often that you get an excuse to go away for the weekend with your NSXs and with like minded people. Est Fest is a great way to start the summer.

Looking forward to next years rebranded event! :biggrin:

Yes Dave and I will plan next year's Est Fest if we get to name it. Here's some shots I took with my Kodak disposable camera and scanned with my iphone.

Attachments

• Group.jpg
    Group.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 128
  • Rick's Car.jpg
    Rick's Car.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Andrew.jpg
    Andrew.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Urbee.jpg
    Urbee.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Black Swan.jpg
    Black Swan.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Winery.jpg
    Winery.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 107
  • cars.jpg
    cars.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 116
  • cars2.jpg
    cars2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Girls.jpg
    Girls.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 116
  • boys.jpg
    boys.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Garrick.jpg
    Garrick.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 110
  • kids.jpg
    kids.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 111
  • secret.jpg
    secret.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 106
  • comon.jpg
    comon.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 107
  • band.jpg
    band.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 111
Cars.

Attachments

• cars big1.jpg
    cars big1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 91
Nice thumbnail photos, Sean. Great group!

Was thinking of all of you when we saw Bruce Cockburn last Thursday evening at the Ark, Ann Arbor, MI.

Here we go guys. What a successful event we had. Thanks to all attended and we hope everyone had a great time. Funny thing is that I feel more tired now than before I arrived Est Fest. Might have to call in sick tomorrow. Here is a recap of what some of you have missed. Enjoy!!

Club Swag pile, all club members were pimped with Est Fest sweat shirts
P1030266.jpg

Tech Session with Robert and Garrick
P1030251.jpg

Drivers meet, Bash and Paul give last min instructions for the cruise
P1030270.jpg

Listening in and all ready to move
P1030275.jpg

D & G
P1030285.jpg

Garrick getting Brennan hyped for the cruise
P1030287.jpg

Paul still in love with the only yellow monster of the pack
P1030289.jpg

Lining up for the start
P1030293.jpg

Thumbs up from Captain Rick
P1030294.jpg

P1030297.jpg

One of the newest member Athar and Rafia
P1030302.jpg

Sean as usual fixing something on the GT3
P1030305.jpg

Special guest Corporal Andrew Knisley and his Caymen S
P1030306.jpg

On our way to Lake on the Mountain
P1030311.jpg

Lunch at Lake on the Mountain
P1030314.jpg

P1030316.jpg

P1030318.jpg

P1030321.jpg

P1030323.jpg

P1030329.jpg

P1030332.jpg

P1030328.jpg

P1030334.jpg

P1030349.jpg

P1030360.jpg

Group picture
P1030372.jpg

Outside Waupoos Estate Winery
P1030396.jpg

P1030397.jpg

P1030398.jpg

P1030407.jpg

P1030379.jpg

P1030381.jpg

Fifth Town Cheese Factory
P1030452.jpg

P1030460.jpg

P1030463.jpg

Hanging out with Uncle Bram
P1030475.jpg

Bugs getting to Brad in a big way
P1030469.jpg

Honey....
P1030448.jpg

P1030485.jpg

Group photo shoot
P1030503.jpg

P1030508.jpg

Dinner banquet at Isaiah Tubbs
P1030526.jpg

P1030529.jpg

P1030540.jpg

P1030572.jpg

P1030574.jpg

P1030577.jpg

P1030534.jpg

President saying a few words
P1030602.jpg

Corporal Knisley giving us his experience at Targa Newfoundland and how he found his way there
P1030608.jpg

Bonfire
P1030613.jpg

P1030619.jpg

P1030625.jpg

P1030624.jpg

P1030623.jpg

P1030621.jpg

P1030627.jpg

Day 2 getting ready for departure
P1030635.jpg

P1030638.jpg

P1030642.jpg

P1030649.jpg

Stu telling his story from previous night at Grange winery
P1030663.jpg

P1030671.jpg

Rick all over Urbees
P1030678.jpg

P1030684.jpg

The Band
P1030709.jpg

P1030713.jpg

P1030715.jpg

Maddie and Brennan
P1030748.jpg

Hanging out at Huff Estate Winery
P1030783.jpg

P1030792.jpg

P1030794.jpg

P1030790.jpg

Hillier Estate Dinner
P1030837.jpg

P1030842.jpg

P1030853.jpg

P1030856.jpg

P1030860.jpg

P1030881.jpg

P1030912.jpg

Special Guest author Christine Bennett
P1030894.jpg

Last edited:
Good pics Owen. I'm looking for one of Stu's lapdance. Got any footage?

Good pics Owen. I'm looking for one of Stu's lapdance. Got any footage?

stu.gif

well, now that its all over I have to say that I enjoyed the massage better than the lap dance - although the dance makes for MUCH better stories!!!!:wink:

Seriously....HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you to the planners, we all came out and had a great time, but few recognize the amount of effort and sacrifice of personal time it takes to make an event like this work!!!

Bash and Urbs went out in advance and scouted locations, met people, tested hotel beds, etc. etc. Paul reconned the roads and planned the drives as well as documenting them in the wonderful booklet. All of the Exec (myself hardly at all) put in hours and hours of work, decisions, conference calls, etc. Owen sweated every last detail, shirts, who was signed up, etc. and Bram kept everyone in line. There are people I likely missed in this post who contributed as well, it includes all the members that made the effort to come out - a club is the sum of its members and the rewards for the planning are the appreciation of the work alone.

When we were sitting by the fire one evening someone asked about how the club was started, and the story was that there was a loose list of people who got together every now and then for a drive. Then someone said I came along and said, "lets create a formal structure, incorporate, get insurance - be real." It was something like that...but it wasn't just me, it was Sean, Dave, Bram and everyone who smiled and paid their first years' membership not knowing what they were going to get.

Now, its five years later and we have a small cash reserve that allows us to make financial commitments for events like this (without anyone worrying that they will be out-of-pocket if something goes wrong), we have a Board who spends some of their free time making sure we all have some cool things to do in OUR free time and we have a formal structure that means that when you pay your dues you are part of "Something" not just a meet at a Timmy-Ho on a Sunday in June.

I'm very proud of the Board - they have done an excellent job taking over from the founding Board, ensuring that this past weekend in Prince Edward County was better than the first Est Fest in Gann three years ago.

When we sitting around the fire I asked the question, "When you bought your car did you realize you were going to get all of this <gesturing to the group> as well?" I know everyone at Est Fest (or who has ever been to one) knows what I mean...if you haven't been to one yet, or are not yet a member (you don't need to own an NSX to join) you owe it to yourself to meet, drive and party with this amazing group of friends!!!!:smile::smile::smile:

What a great event!!

One of the things that Im most happy to see is Paul involved again. He is such an incredible part of our NSX community having put together the drive at the first Est Fest and finding that Inn for us, the event package at NSXPO and now this at Est Fest #4. Wow, thanks Paul. You will find your Kaiser soon my friend!

And I echo what Stu said, it takes a massive amount of work to pull this off. Well done guys. Wish I could have joined.

Last edited:
GREAT pictures and obviously a spectacular event once again.
Judi and I were sad to not be able to join the gang this year, it's a special group of like-minded friends for sure.

Brian (& Judi)

You couldnt have explained it better stu! I think i was the one who asked how it all started. i was interested to know how it all came to be.

I will admit that when i realized my car wouldnt be ready for Est fest, i questioned how much fun i would have had, or if i would have been treated like an outsider driving my Ford.

Minus the jokes from everyone, which i was not bothered by at all, i didnt feel any different than the others. I had a blast, with or without the car! now i understand why Paul and Sean come out. Yes it is about the cars..but its really about the memories, laughs, friendship, and most importantly the togetherness.

Thanks to Bram, Bash & Urbs, Owen, Garrick, Rob and Paul for making this a kick ass event.

What a successful weekend! Good food, great times and amazing company!

This year's Est Fest wouldn't have been possible without the help from the executive and all of its members. A big thanks to Paul for creating the route and stunning Registration Package, Owen for sending the communications and organizing the Club Swag, Bram for setting up the sponsors and prizes, Daria and his family for helping with registration, bbq and bonfire, Rob and Garrick for running the tech session, Stu for supplying his credit card and 'late night entertainment', Urbs for organizing the Spa services and countless misc items and everyone else from the club who helped whenever required. Sean, Becky and Dave left some pretty big shoes to fill and I hope we continue to strive towards the same level of excellence.

I've made so many friends and memories through the years in this club. Like Stu said, when buying the car, I never realized how much more we were all going to gain!

I can't wait for Est Fest 2012!!!

Am I the only one who spotted Seans Inaugural Est Fest "coffee mug"?

One of those should head over the Canadian Honda Hall of Fame!

I PROMISE to attend next year.

I commented on it. I use mine every day, but there is absolutely no red left on it. It's all rubbed off and is now just a white mug. Never put through a dishwasher, either. Very sad.

I still have two spanking new ones set aside. I didn't want to use them at Est Fest 2008 as I knew one day they would become collectible. I used a Tim's mug back then. Waiting a few more years to be auctioned off at Est Fest 2015.

Last edited:
We can order more mugs. They were an awesome give away. Plus you can covertly carry your G&T around any hotel with no one knowing.

We should get Becky to make up some for Est Fest 2012.:biggrin:

I got ripped on a bit because I always had it in my hand.

Back