• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Finally got my TE-37s!

new_rims.jpg

new_rims2.jpg

Hmmm, they look good but...
-Why buy one of the lightest wheels available and then buy low-end, heavy tires?
-If you were just going for looks why didn't you buy 18" rears?

Rob

Sizes:

F 17x7.5 215/40 Kumho
R 18x9 265/35 Kumho

SC3291,
1) I didn't know they were heavy
2) I couldn't afford $300 a piece rear tires just yet. I don't like the way the new tires feel right now, so most likely I'll go to something different next time... maybe S-03s. I really have to take it to the track to get a better feel for them though.

I do notice that the car now feels a little less powerfull. I am assuming that it is due to the width of the rear tires and the slight overall diameter increase. Eventually I plan to do the short gears which will make the car a little quicker than it is now... but for now, gotta save money. I'm getting the Taitec exhaust within a week, so after that, I'm done with making appearance mods.
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by kenjiMR (edited 13 July 2001).]

hi Kenji... thos are awesome wheels! i'd like to upgrade my wheels, as the wheels on the car now are 15/16" wheels, and i've had them for quite awhile now. where did you buy your te-37s, and how much did you pay - if you don't mind me asking.

thanks,
T

------------------
1991 Berlina Black
all stock, needs parts!

I disagree, I think bronze and green go well together. Don't forget that brooklands green looks almost black in most lighting situations.

Its all good.
I am trying to go for a racy look... some people will definitely not understand what I'm thinking.
smile.gif

I even like black rims with red highlights... A good way to see how your wheels will look on your NSX is go out and buy Gran Turismo 3. They have TONS of wheel selections and you can choose any color NSX as well. Its awesome. I already knew exactly what rim I was going to buy for my car anyways... The only choices were:
White, Bronze, or Gunmetal. I really like how it looks... very satisfied.

Back