• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

folks at Concorso Italiano (++) - Monterey / Aug-03 ?

Are any NSX folks attending / spectating at the various exotic car Monterey-area events in mid-August ?

Will be in-area earlier that week, and wanted to check out some events that weekend:
- Concorso Italiano (CI) - Friday, 8/15 -- several NSXs in Corral in previous years
- Monterey Historics (weekend @ Laguna Seca)
- others (Pebble Beach concours, etc)

Any folks going ??

- Manuel

##################

Featured marque at Concorso this year is Lamborghini, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2003 (large factory event in Sant'Agata with owners/enthusiasts from all over attending).

CI is the US launch of their new V10-powered Gallardo sportscar -- an all-aluminum Lambo/Audi engineered challenger to the Ferrari 360, P911-GT2 and other cars in this segment (AMG SL55, Aston AMV8).

fc6974af.jpg

fc69754e.jpg

fc697318.jpg

Last edited:
any planned get-togethers ?

spartan2-3 said:
Manuel,

I'll be there that weekend..
Are you showing your NSX ??

Other event possibilities include (CI is Friday the 15th):
- 16 - Ferrari/Maserati Concours - Carmel
- 15-17 - Monterey Historics (vintage racing at Laguna Seca)
- 17 - Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

Seems they've moved the Concourso from Quail Lodge to somewhere in Monterey. Anyone know if the new venue is as nice as the Lodge for staying over the week (considering the view over the duck pond at the Lodge and all...)?

Last edited:
I will be

I will be there, and would love to meet other NSX owners I haven't had the privilege to meet at the lunches. But in my current plans, my NSX will be in the parking area or at home, not in the corral, so I will have to seek you out (unless you recognize me from my avitar).

However, I'm still considering showing it given some good responses to my earlier post regarding benefits of joining the corral, so that could change.

Chip

This is one of my favorite events! If you come, make sure you bring the car and park in the corral as that's where the birthday party will be (mine). Besides, once you pay for the corral and bring a guest, it's cheaper than two entry fees. And that way there're more presents too!

See you there!

Re: Corral for non-Italian marques

nsx1164 said:
Corral info: http://www.concorso.com/CORRAL/corral.asp
Signups: http://www.concorso.com/TIX_REGISTRATION/corral.asp

I think the "show fee" is a pretty good deal, compared to the general admission price.

I just registered for the NSX corral. The corral fee is $90 (before June 30) and it admits two. The advanced ticket price is $50, $60 at the door. You can see that it's cheaper to drive the NSX with your date (if your wife won't go) and park it in the corral.

See you there.

Marriage is grand

It may be cheaper in the short run to take your date, but in the long run you know what they say: "Marriage is grand. Divorce is 50 grand."

vendor display opportunity at CI Corral

NSX Vendors -- an opportunity to show your stuff at Concorso Italiano, one of the premiere Italian / exotic shows on the West Coast.

(cross-posting from elsewhere, also regional NSX lists)

#################

Hello to you fellow Italiano corral participants! I am representing the BMW Car Club of America and our ongoing participation at Concorso.

By now I'm sure you have been made aware of the new site at which Concors Italiano will be held.... that is the beautiful Black Horse Golf Course over looking Monterey Bay. The date is Friday, August 15, 2003.

I am sending this note to those of you involved in last year's corral with respect to your specific marque and to make you aware of some important changes that will affect the Concorso corral.

The BMW club is privledged to have been given the opportunity of orgainzing the parking corral at this year's Concorso. We are asking your for your help this year.

Could you please provide names of an individual or two that would act as contacts with your respective marques thru which we could share information and news regarding the corral?

It is important that we do this. The corral area is big and all the marques represented need to be 'on the same page' so to speak so there are no surprizes and confusion the day of the event.

This year Italiano is also allowing marque specific vendors within the corral area, be it for your car club, accessories etc. Please contact Italiano via their website for details. They are offering a sweet deal for vendors!

I would appreciate a response from you or your representative ASAP to let you know what is going on so far. If you are not the person responsible for your respective marque, please forward this message to the person you know who is responsible for any organized corral effort at Italiano.

Hope to hear from you soon. Wayne Wundram, Central Cal Chapter, BMW CCA (email: [email protected] )

BMW Festorics at Concorso Italiano

Bimmer folks going to CI -- any you know who you are :)

###############

The long weekend begins on Friday with BMWCCA Central California Chapter hosting their well-organized BMW Corral and Clean Car Contest in the Club Corral area of the stylish Concorso Italiano.

Bimmer features include:

- CCA Central California Chapter's ULTIMATE Clean Car Contest. An annual event during the Monterey Historic Races weekend, the ULTIMATE Clean Car Contest is held in conjunction with the Concorso Italiano at Black Horse Golf Course and the Golden Gate Chapter's BMW fest. We will have a special display area and group parking for BMWs. Trophies and awards will be given to individual class winners and our special award, MAX, will honor the BMW that best exemplifies the tradition of the marque.

- BMW parking corral at Concorso Italiano.

- marque-specific aftermarket parts/accessories vendor booths

see http://www.festorics.org/category_concorso.html

Re: Re: Corral for non-Italian marques

ChopsJazz said:
I just registered for the NSX corral. The corral fee is $90 (before June 30) and it admits two.
Any folks interested in a get-together (drinks/dinner) Friday after Concorso Italiano ??

Back