• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCA Midwest Region Event

Hello everyone!

Again this year, there is an excellent opportunity for our mid-west members to have a centrally-located regional get-together event in Carmel (Indianapolis), IN on Friday and Saturday, August 24th& 25th. If you aren’t already aware, the event on Saturday is called "Artomobilia" and is a high-quality Concours style car show that takes place in the entire Carmel Arts & Design District. This location is well known for its quaint shops, art galleries, antiques, restaurants, sidewalk cafes and special entertainment events (This will be “Something for Everyone” - It's a special opportunity for guys and gals to do things together in addition to "Car Stuff"). It is a well-run event and attracts first class cars and patrons from all over the mid-west region. As we have done previously, we’ll again utilize this event as a platform for our NSXCA meet to socialize, have some fun and to promote our special NSX cars to the public. Check out the web link:

www.CarmelArtomobilia.com

Supported by Ed Martin Acura, we have arranged for a NSX Marque Corral during the show alongside the main display area for all our members' cars. This location will have excellent visibility, proximity and ease of accessibility to the main display field. Our club goal will be to have a significant showing of our cars parked in one place that represent a cross-section sampling of heritage Gen. I vehicles (stock originals, mildly modified daily drivers, competition and extreme performance examples) and Gen. II models. No promises, but we are working to get support from Acura to include some of their “Special Vehicles” in our group.

We need your prompt feedback about this opportunity so we can coordinate the size of the area needed for the Corral and arrange for restaurant accommodations for our group. NSXCA can then complete our agenda and publish it for you. All suggestions are welcome at this point.

If you will participate in our NSX Marque Corral , please register your car ASAP and let me know, so I can make arrangements based on the anticipated number of participants involved. Use this link to register and send me a copy:

https://www.artomobiliaweekend.com/artomobilia

In addition to NSXCA having our corral of NSXs in the show on Saturday, you really should consider attending the "Fuelicious" event on Friday evening, August 24th, at the phenomenal Lucas Estate. In past years, those who participated had a really FANTASTIC time. It's truly worth the investment!!! There are already some commitments from previous years’ participants and we need a few more to complete a full table of ten people. Check out the link and watch the full videos for both events. Tables are limited, so let me know ASAP if you are interested.

https://www.artomobiliaweekend.com/fuelicious/

As an alternate choice, we plan to have a group dinner arranged on Friday for those who don’t participate in the Fuelicious event.

The Artomobilia Event Team has partnered with Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel in Carmel, just minutes from Fuelicious and Artomobilia, at 11925 N. Meridian Street, Carmel, Indiana. We enjoyed staying there previously, and it has a spacious and safe parking area (and a car-cleaning area with water hoses will be available). You should book your rooms by calling this hotel now at 317-816-0777for a Special Artomobilia rate (while available).

View this link for info:

https://www.marriott.com/reservation/rateListMenu.mi?defaultTab=dealsAndPackages

It’s getting really close, so I really need to get feedback ASAP from you if you plan to participate. The NSX Marque Corral registration is $20, and the Fuelicious event will require your payment up front for us to get a prime location table for NSXCA as a sponsor.

All comments, suggestions and advice are welcome and appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing you folks (and your NSX) in August!!!

Jake Cole

NSXCA Mid-West Region

414-732-3124

[email protected]

Interested and not on call that weekend! I may be able to make the drive from Cleveland at least for the Saturday part of the event. I wanted to go last year, but was on call. :(

Ok guys and gals, EXCITING NEWS UPDATE!

We are expecting Acura and our friends from the Performance Manufacturing Center in Marysville to bring a special car for the Friday evening Fuelicious event and to participate with us in the Saturday Artomobilia NSX Corral at Carmel. We understand that this unique vehicle has never been seen by the public before and it will be your opportunity to have you examine it and have your car photographed together with it. It is not yet confirmed, but we are working hard on logistics to have the "Two-Time Pikes Peak Class-Winning" Acura TLX-GT race car driven by Peter Cunningham to join us in our event.

It looks like it will be a really spectacular opportunity for us to get together, enjoy our special cars and have some fun. There are a few spots still available. So, if you've not registered yet for the Artomobilia NSX Corral or made your Friday night room accommodations, you need to act now. It looks like almost everyone is opting to have a Friday evening dinner together at a local restaurant, as we did previously.

See the original announcement above or here: https://nsxca.org/event/carmel-in-artomobilia-event-for-the-midwest-region/?instance_id=68

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to let me know that you are registered, so we can plan accordingly. I'm really looking forward to this one!

Jake Cole
[email protected]

Back