• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fraud in Autotrader for 1996 NSX BEWARE

http://www.trader.ca/search/Results...unt=48&mknm=680&mdnm=NSX-T&subcategory=&CAT=1

Year: 1996
Make: ACURA
Model: NSX-T
Model Detail:
Price: $29,000
Mileage: 89,325 km
Date: 6/9/2005
Ad Type: Private

SUPERB CAR !
Comment: Model number 117, The car is equipped with all power options. The car has a targa roof for the warm summer days and is also equipped with AC and heat. The exterior is finished in a brilliant black and 17 inch 7 spoke gunmetal rims, 89,325 km, $29,000. (905)481-2307, Contact via email: [email protected] (CQDTKM)

Guys I think its fraud, the owner lives in Vancouver and wants a deposit of 4900$. What do you guys think?

of course it's garbage. He lives in Vancouver and yet has an Ontario area code?

If it was real I would have bought it already :)

The phone numbers a fax for now.
I sent him an email to give me the details so I can buy it.
Trev

It's scam!! The fax number did not belong to him!! The first thing he told me is to give him some deposite to hold car!!! Of course, I did not do that!! :smile:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27992&highlight=jh4na118xtt000117

Vin Number discussed here...

When this ad appeared in April in the autotrader, the seller claimed he was selling it for a cousin who had passed away. He was asking for a deposit as well, and said the car was in Edmonton. He claimed he would bring the car to Ontario, once a deposit was paid.

Here is what the seller is saying now.

The car is in overall excelent running and driving condition. The
front has some paint chips on the bumper and hood but nothing major. The
rims have a few chips on the gunmetal finish but no road rash. It has
been driven on a weekly basis this past summer, garage kept this winter,
and all the service is up to date. Unfortunately the cd changer out of
the trunk is missing but all the wiring is there for it. The interior
is in great shape, there is one small stain on the carpet on the drivers
side just under the gas pedal. The seats are in great shape, all the
bolsters are firm and the leather has no rips in it. The targa roof
comes off flawlessly and has no fitment problems, The cover on the front
bumper for the toe hook fell off when i was driving the car and i
havent been able to source one out. All the power options are in excellent
working condition and the driveline has no hickups in it at all.
Mileage is 89325 km. The driveline is equiped with a 3.0L V-tec engine mated
with a 5 speed manual
transmission.

The price is $29,000 not negotiable. I will sell you the car as it is.
The car had only 1 owner and is in perfect condition, mechanical sound,
never been damaged or abused. I have many buyers for this car but the
one that sends the money first or at least a deposit to hold the car
for him will be the new owner of this great 1996 Acura NSX-T. If you are
a serious buyer I will need your complete name and address :

First name :
Last name :
Address :
City :
Postal Code :
Province :
Telephone (optional) :
Mobile :

This is what he told me when I asked him the condition of the car

Photos attached. The car is equiped with all power options. Beautiful black exterior with black interior(the carpet looks faded in the pictures but i assure you it isn't), fully power adjustable seats, climate control, am/fm cass. Tilt and telescopic steering wheel, electric power assist steering, power brakes, ABS, dual airbags, heated seats, power mirriors, and power windows. The car has a targa roof for the warm summer days and is also equiped with AC and heat. The exterior is finished in a briliant black and 17 inch 7 spoke gunmetal rims. It has cross drilled brake rotors in the rear. The suspension has been upgraded with Koni shocks and Ibach lowering springs. The tires are Bridgstone Z rated all around (245/40ZR17) in the rear and (235/40ZR16) in the fro nt. The vin: jh4na118xtt000117

The car has a full service history. No accidents or any kind of damage. There are no leins against the car, no unpaid parking tickets , no loan/lease payments. The car has passed the saftey & etest. Everything is original on this car. I will filling out the ministry of transportation used car application before selling so you will have protection if the car is not as you expected. I will help with everything that you need. The one that will send the $4,900 deposit will come to pick up the car or I can come to him. There are many buyers that asked me for a smaller deposit but I told them that I really have to many interested people for this car so the only deposit I will accept is $4,900 or higher. I have one residence in Vancouver and one in Toronto. The car is located in Vancouver , BC. Upon receiveing your deposit to my bank account you have 2 options :

1. I will come personaly to Mississauga (which will be a pleasure) on my expense with the car or I can have the car shipped via www.shipmyvehicle.com or towed and if you like it the car is yours , if not which I doubt I will gave you the $4,900 back and I will go home.

2. You can come here in Vancouver and if you like the car is yours , if not which I doubt I will gave you the $4,900 back and you will go home.

I'd definitely be weary, but I wouldn't immediately dismiss it. He doesn't say he requires a deposit to sell it, only to hold it, which is reasonable. If you show up in person with cash in full, and can inspect it, see the title, etc. then it's hard to be scammed. Scams happen when you make deposits, deal with shipping, etc.

saint2709 said:
stay away, who the hell wants a 4900 dollar deposit. people come on

That just it...a 4900 dollar scam...Hey why didn't iI think of that....!!!!!

I would stay away, he seems to be all over the place and the car is too cheap to be a 96 in Canada. I live in Victoria and its hard to find a 91 under $30,000.00

I saw this tread on trader too

is impossible to buy a 95 for $29000
and even can't contact this guy anymore!

BEWARE!!!

Lime Green NSX said:
I live in Victoria and its hard to find a 91 under $30,000.00
I don't think I've ever seen a non-crashed car listed for under CDN$38K.

THe 2nd biggest tip-off that this is not legit (besides the Ontario area code) is the offer to drive the car out to the buyer, not to mention refunding the money if not happy. How many sellers, realistically, would offer to deliver the vehicle a 4-day drive away at no cost? Lets face it, legitimately, that car could be listed at CDN$45K and would sell the day the ad ran.

Here is more correspondence with the seller back when it was listed in April.

The car is in overall excelent running and driving condition. The front has some paint chips on the bumper and hood but nothing major. The rims have a few chips on the gunmetal finish but no road rash. It has been driven on a weekly basis this past summer, garage kept this winter, and all the service is up to date. Unfortunately the cd changer out of the trunk is missing but all the wiring is there for it. The interior is in great shape, there is one small stain on the carpet on the drivers side just under the gas pedal. The seats are in great shape, all the bolsters are firm and the leather has no rips in it. The targa roof comes off flawlessly and has no fitment problems, The cover on the front bumper for the toe hook fell off when i was driving the car and i havent been able to source one out. All the power options are in excellent working condition and the driveline has no hickups in it at all. Mileage is 33400km. The driveline is equiped with a 3.0L V-tec engine mated with a 5 speed manual transmission.

The price is $19,000 not negotiable. I will sell you the car as it is. The car had only 2 owners and is in perfect condition, mechanical sound, never been damaged or abused. This car was of my cousin that recently died and his family needs the money very bad. They ask me to take care of his car and sell it. I have many buyers for this car but the first one that sends the money first will be the new owner of this great 1996 Acura NSX-T. If you are serious I will need your complete name and address

The car is equiped with all power options. Beautiful black exterior with black interior(the carpet looks faded in the pictures but i assure you it isn't), fully power adjustable seats, climate control, am/fm cass. Tilt and telescopic steering wheel, electric power assist steering, power brakes, ABS, dual airbags, heated seats, power mirriors, and power windows. The car has a targa roof for the warm summer days and is also equiped with AC and heat. The exterior is finished in a briliant black and 17 inch 7 spoke gunmetal rims. It has cross drilled brake rotors in the rear. The suspension has been upgraded with Koni shocks and Ibach lowering springs. The tires are Bridgstone Z rated all around (245/40ZR17) in the rear and (235/40ZR16) in the front. The driveline is equiped with a 3.0L V-tec engine mated with a 5 speed manual transmission.

The car has a full service history. No accidents or any kind of damage. There are no leins against the car, no unpaid parking tickets , no loan/lease payments. Everything is original on this car. I will filling out the ministry of transportation used car application before selling so you will have protection if the car is not as you expected. I will help with everything that you need. The one that will send the $5,000 deposit will come to pick up the car or I can come to him. There are many buyers that asked me for a smaller deposit but I told them that I really have to many interested people for this car so the only deposit I will accept is $5,000 or higher.I have one residence in Edmonton and one in Hamilton. The car is located in Edmonton , AB . Upon receiveing your deposit you have 2 options :

1. I will come personaly to Toronto (which will be a pleasure) on my expense with the car and if you like it the car is yours , if not which I doubt I will gave you the $5,000 back and I will go home.

2. You can come here in Edmonton and if you like the car is yours , if not which I doubt I will gave you the $5,000 back and you will go home.

The vin: jh4na118xtt000117

Let me know asap.

Thank you

Scott

Attached are a couple pics the supposed seller sent.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 499
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 492
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 493
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 473
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 489
I emailed this guy. He told me $3000. deposit to hold the car. I told him I would have someone pic the car up, take it for a buyers inspection,then go with him to the bank for a bank draft for the full amount. He wanted a deposit eventhough I would have the inspection done the next day. I also asked him for the vin to check it for liens and recalls, never heard back from him again.

Hey there,

Don't bother. It is a total SCAM!!! My friend emailed him to ask about the car and gave his address in Vancouver. He was given the same story as you but was told the car was in TORONTO (notice the photos he sent has no license plates on it and no landmark or vehicles around to place it) . I emailed him 2 days later to ask about the same car and gave my address as Mississauga. I was told the car was in VANCOUVER. As you may notice, we do not live in a Star Trek era where we can ask Scotty to beam things from coast to coast. My friend emailed back telling him that he would have a friend (me) inspect the car for him in Toronto. He never heard back from him. I played dumb and just said I love the car and want to pay the deposit. Lo and behold, I got a reply back in a day. Because the autotrader phone number goes to a fax registered in the Hamilton area, I asked for a phone number where I can reach him. This is the amusing reply that I got (especially the part in bold).

Curtis Gilfillan <[email protected]> wrote:
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 03:53:48 -0500
Subject: Re: NSX-T

Sorry for the late reply I was out of town until now. I am in Vancouver with the car . If you are a serious buyer you can make the deposit to my bank account from Ontario and I will come to Mississauga with the car or have it shipped at you expense if you like. The balance amount will be payed to a relative of mine on delivery in case you want the car shipped, if not you will wait until I arrive in Ontario with the car. Let me know and I will give you my bank account information in order to make the deposit. My number is 604-357-1046 but I can not talk over the phone because I use a hearing aid and now is not working properly. My audiologist out of town therefore I can not use it until he gets back.I will try to fix it tomorrow, if not I will have someone to speak for me.

Thank you

Curtis

BTW, @lawyer.com is a free, not really traceable email that anyone can sign up for just like yahoo or hotmail. This guy is no lawyer. No self-respecting lawyer would spell as bad or have grammar as bad as this guy.

I have reported this guy to phonebuster.com, which is a Semi-government organization that investigates with the help of the police internet/phone scams and frauds. Hopefully they will nail this little a**hole.

Later,
TO Sucks!

n_malhotra said:
http://www.trader.ca/search/Results...unt=48&mknm=680&mdnm=NSX-T&subcategory=&CAT=1

Year: 1996
Make: ACURA
Model: NSX-T
Model Detail:
Price: $29,000
Mileage: 89,325 km
Date: 6/9/2005
Ad Type: Private

SUPERB CAR !
Comment: Model number 117, The car is equipped with all power options. The car has a targa roof for the warm summer days and is also equipped with AC and heat. The exterior is finished in a brilliant black and 17 inch 7 spoke gunmetal rims, 89,325 km, $29,000. (905)481-2307, Contact via email: [email protected] (CQDTKM)

Guys I think its fraud, the owner lives in Vancouver and wants a deposit of 4900$. What do you guys think?

This sounds like Fraud to me! :rolleyes: I E-Mailed this guy as well and I got a smilar response back. He told me the car is out West. He said the owner died and he is handling the sale of the car for his family. When I asked him for a telephone number I could reach him at, he then told me he was hard of hearing and his hearing aid is in the repair shop. He then asked for a deposit into his bank account for $5000. Comon'! Sounds like a load odf BS to me. We should tell the RCMP about it, I think they have some kinds of Crime Busters unit, maybe they can do something about this. I will dig up the E-Mail and post it here so everyone can have a good laugh.

Last edited:
NCC-1701D said:
Play along with him and get his bank account number......

Yeah. Tell him you're gonna wire the money and need his account # and routing code. Somebody will know what to do with these details.

I put a deposit on a NSX, sight unseen, before. But, it was ad'd on this board, by a guy with a +8 trader rating, and the amount was $250. $5000 and I'd have said no way, not without prior visual inspection.

All I get in the link is a dealer in Woodbridge. LOL. BUT, my wife has a cousin in the RCMP. We've had her do criminal record traces for us. I know there IS a fraud squad type thing though that may be the O.P.P.

I been lurking here for over a year or more but if you'd like us to have this checked into.....

I guess the Email'd be a start but the ad I get on the link seems rather harmless. so??? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Back