• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front Tire Sizes

I am currently running 215/40/17 tires on 17x8 wheels on the fronts and 275/35/18 rears. I was told by Chris at Comptech that they suggest using a 235/40/17 on the fronts and they will rub only on full lock turns but that it will not bother anything. Has anyone used this set up on the front?

Fello Oregonian,

I assume you must have some understeer with that setup. I am suffering the understeer as well, but with a different tire size combo.

If you have a pre94 I would expect the tire size to be 235/35/17? That would be 2%larger diam in front and 3% in the rear.

------------------

I am running this size up front and I love it. The stock 215's were too skinny for me and did not compliment the huge tires out back. I wanted something that would give me a little more footprint and a little more profile also. My car is lowered with H&R's and it does rub on full lock 'sometimes'. The rubbing is so minimal and really like the look that I think it's worth it.

FROM THE LAST TIME I LOOKED, I DON'T THINK A 235/35/17 TIRE EXIST (not 100% sure though). I ALSO USED TO RUN 235/40/17 UP FRONT, AND REALLY HAD NO RUBBING. THE BEST SET UP WOULD BE A BRIDGESTONE SO2 225/35/17 FRONT AND SO2 285/30/18 REAR. THIS WILL GUARANTEE NO RUBBING, EVEN IF YOU LOWER 1.5" WITH H&R'S ETC.
IF YOU DO PLAN RUNNING A 235/40/17 FRONT, I WOULD THEN SUGGEST A 285/35/18 REAR. LOOKS ALMOST IDENTICLE IN SIDEWALL HEIGHT.

Back