• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FS: 1997 NSX-T Red/ Black 25.8K miles JH4NA126XVT000022

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEAR & MODEL (NSX or NSX-T): ​1997 NSX-T
FULL VIN #: JH4NA126XVT000022
CURRENT MILEAGE: 25,881
COLOR (EXT/INT): Red/ Black
TRANSMISSION: Automatic
LOCATION OF VEHICLE (CITY/STATE): Las Vegas, NV
CONTACT VIA (E-mail, PM, phone number, etc.): [email protected] or PM metsn13 (will give cell # for interested buyers)
PRICE (MUST STATE A PRICE, IS IT FIRM OR OBO?): $50K firm

Additional Information

NUMBER OF OWNERS: 3

CLEAN TITLE? Yes

CLEAN CARFAX? Yes

HISTORY OF ACCIDENTS? No

HISTORY OF PAINT/BODYWORK? No

MAINTENANCE HISTORY & DO YOU HAVE DOCUMENTATION? Up to date/ Yes (see below)

CURRENT CONDITION OF WEARABLES INCL. TIRES, BRAKES, BELTS, HOSES, SUSPENSION COMPONENTS AND FLUIDS = Excellent/ Showroom condition (see pics below)

MODS if any (Are stock parts included in the sale?) Exterior mods only (see below) (all stock parts included in the sale)

Description:
-Up for sale is my beautiful showroom condition 1997 Acura NSX-T in Red exterior/ Black interior, with rare Automatic transmission. Doctor owned, I am selling due to recent payoff off of all my medical school loans (I thought it would never happen!) and don't need a 3rd car. I have been following and using NSX Prime for the past several years to research and ultimately purchase this vehicle. I would prefer to sell to an NSX enthusiast through NSX Prime who I know will take great care of this rare and beautiful vehicle. The history of the vehicle is that this was a show car for Acura and dealer owned. I purchased the vehicle in March of this year with the intent to keep for a long time. The car was completely stock when I purchased it. I have lightly modified the exterior with professional installation of 15% ceramic window tint, upgraded suspension to KW Variant 3 coilovers, and added Work Meister polished S1R wheels on brand new Kumho Ecsta LE sport 17/18 tires in July. I enlisted Hondoctors (a trusted NSX Prime service shop) in North Las Vegas, NV to perform timing belt and water pump change-out, coilover suspension upgrade, synthetic oil and filter change, along with full multi-point inspection at 25,224 miles. This was done due to the age of the vehicle (16yo), rather than any wear or mileage. They did a fantastic job and stated that the car is in pristine condition. All service work before my purchase and during my ownership has been professionally done, and I have all receipts detailing cost of maintenance as well as description of maintenance performed from 2009. Please see below for detailed service history, modification description, and pics. This car has been babied and barely driven since its production. I have kept the car garaged and have only driven it on weekends. I bought the car In March with 24,720 on the odometer and it currently has 25,881 miles at present. If you guys have any questions feel free to email me or PM me through NSX Prime! Thanks for looking at my ad.

Known Vehicle Service/ Maintenance History:
(1) Coventry Acura, Littleton, CO on 2/5/09 @ 22,021 mileage = Oil/ filter change, battery change, engine air filter change, passed multi-point inspection.
(2) Coventry Acura, Littleton, CO on 4/17/10 @ 22,720 mileage = Battery change, passed multi-point inspection.
(3) Coventry Acura, Littleton, CO on 4/12/11 @ 23459 mileage = Battery change, oil/ filter change, passed multi-point inspection.
(4) Just Brakes, Countyline, CO on 9/10/12 @ 24352 mileage = Brakes and Rotors replaced
(5) Hondoctors, North Las Vegas, NV on 6/15/13 @ 25,224 mileage = Timing Belt/ Water Pump change-out, KW Variant 3 Coilover Suspension installation, Eneos 5W-30 synthetic oil/ filter change, passed multi-point inspection.

Modification History: (purely exterior/ no engine modifications)
(1) CTX Series (LLumac film) ceramic 15% window tint all windows except front windshield (professionally installed by Eco-Tint Las Vegas, NV on 5/6/13) ($279)
(2) KW Variant 3 Suspension (THMotorsports.com) ($2600)
(3) Kumho Ecsta LE Sport 215/40/17 front, 255/35/18 rear (Tirerack.com) ($660)
(4) US-Spec PA11-HON ipod/ iphone interface for NSX (Scienceofspeed.com) ($140)
(5) Work Meister S1R 2-piece fully polished wheels (bright buff finish) with Meister center caps (Scienceofspeed.com via Work Japan custom 3 month build for OEM 97 NSX calipers) ($3600) (front r-disc = 17 x 7.5 +37/ rear o-disc = 18 x 9.5 +35)
(6) Project Kics R40 open-end lug nuts with locks (EvasiveMotorsports.com) ($259)
-Over $7500 in professional top of the line exterior modifications performed within the past 6 months
-I have the original OEM wheels and tires (new) with lug nuts along with original oem suspension if the buyer wants to bring it back to stock. I will include with the sale.

Pictures: (more available upon request)
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Prime, I decided to keep the car back in 2013 and am now relisting. I am currently purchasing a 2000 NSX-T. If I don't sell this one I will have 3 NSX's in my possession shortly and I might need to seek medical help for this NSX addiction! I also have a 94 5-speed black/tan NSX coupe (3rd owner) with 95K miles (stock except NSX-R OEM headliner and internal A/B Pillar lining...stock parts available to bring interior back to stock as well) that I will be getting ready for sale in the next month as well, so PM me for details if you are looking for an older 5-speed coupe.

Current car mileage = 30.5K

Current asking price = 52K

-Car is now brought back to stock with oem suspension and oem wheels and tires

-Recent maintenance = Oil change and filter January 2016 (Hondoctors Las Vegas)

-The car is driven once a week on weekends. I recently took the car on a road trip from Vegas to LA and back for a Supra car meet and the car performed flawlessly!

-A correction on the car history, autocheck and carfax show only 2 owners (myself and a older gentleman before me). Before our ownership the car was owned by Acura as a manufacturer vehicle so I don't have records on maintenance older than 2008, but its safe to say the preventative maintenance was well taken care of by Acura.

Car Highlights:
-2 Owner Stock NSX (only mod = 15% ceramic window tint) with low mileage (30,500)
-Always garaged and babied (never tracked)

-Doctor owned and cared for (non-smoker)
-No history of accidents (clean Carfax and Autocheck)
-Rare Automatic transmission with optional Formula One-inspired Sport Shift with a unique steering column mounted electronic shifter

-Original Formula Red Paint is 9.5/10 (small rock chips on lower front bumper/ small 10mm x 3mm paint re-touch at driver’s side door panel edge)
-Mint black full leather interior 10/10 (no wear at the seat bolsters)
-Stock NSX wheels and tires (Bridgestone Potenza 215/44/16 front and 245/40/17 rear) with full tread remaining sitting on stock suspension
-I have the original spare tire, tire change tool kit and pump, but I am missing the factory floor jack

NSX Numbers and Rarity of this 97:

-18,685 NSX’s sold worldwide with 8,997 being sold in the USA under the Acura emblem
-2,554 Formula Red/ Black interior combination sold in USA during 15 year run
-338 NSX sold in 1997 (only 29 Automatic transmissions sold that year)
-This vehicle = 1 of 4 Automatic red/black NSX-T’s sold in 1997 (1 of 50 total Formula Red/ Black combination)

Flickr photo album (55 photos):

https://flic.kr/s/aHskcQ3b7U

1997 Acura NSX-T Pictures:
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

1997 Acura NSX-T YouTube Walkaround Videos:

The vehicle is located in Las Vegas. If interested PM me your information and we can discuss the car further. I would really like this car to go to another Prime member, as I feel you guys are among the most helpful and knowledgeable group of car enthusiasts around today. I plan on listing this car through eBay in the next week or so if I can't sell it through Prime. Thanks for considering my car!

-Jonathan

Last edited:
Car is now sold! Putting up my 94 black/tan 5-speed next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back