• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Funny E-Mail Of The Day: 4/3/01

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
I wonder what the heck he's doing here. His e-mail name suggests he is the owner or at least aspiring owner of a Buick Gran National. Certainly a "classic" performance car, although If I recall correctly the tranny wasnt quite up to par and would blow if you stepped on it off the line..

I kinda agree with his point. Some of the NSX owners are very anal, even scratching the inside of the wheels are a life and death situation. I worked on a speedshop, and operated tire machine. Depending on the kind of wheels and tires, it can be really hard to mount tires.

We always let Porsche Turbo guys (993) know that there is quite a big possibility we will scratched the outside of the rims installing the new tires. Even dealer won't give guarantee that they won't scratch it. It's that hard try to mount a 285/30 tires on Porsche wheel, that barely have drop center.

You mean you don't do it by hand with cotton gloves? Oh my!

Actually the only folks I can think of that care this much are the ones who keep mirrors in the trunk. And when they park they place them around the car so you can see the bottom. Car show guys... my uncle was one of them.

BTW this is why I go to my wheel guy. He only works on exotics. I ship the tires to him directly from the Tire Rack. He's more anal than I am about the wheels looking good! I figure he's going to do whatever he can to keep my wheels in good shape.
------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 04 April 2001).]

If you read the link he was responding to, the guy was dealing with damage to the OEM rims. While I understand that say a 285/30-18 tires can be tricky, there is no reason for a 245/40-17 to cause that kind of problem. I watched the shop do mine all the time and the machine did all the work and there was never a mark on anything.

Back