• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Georgia ½ Mile Private Runway Shootout September 22nd, 2012!!

This is the same event as the Carrabelle Airfield event in Florida. This time it is in Georgia and e have 3 NSXs participating.

A few people have expressed coming along just to watch so I wanted to make a post for them. I am not sure but I think most people will be leaving early in the morning to drive up there for the event EARLY (6:00AM) but I think the event starts at 9am for spectators. It is a 1.5 hours from Atlanta and the drive is pretty nice.

So who would like to join?

20120519_090545.jpg

Georgia ½ Mile Private Runway Shootout September 22nd, 2012!!

wannaGOFAST.com is proud to present the Georgia 1/2 Mile Shootout!!This event will be held on September 22nd, 2012 at the Prestigious Heaven’s Landing Airport (www.heavenslanding.com) in Clayton, Ga. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains this airport is more of a work of art then a place to land your plane……….or in our case race your cars!!

Come join us for a day of, Side-By-Side, HALF MILE racing at this rare and exclusive location. All of our participants will be given a chance to take their vehicle’s Top Speed down Heavens Landing’s private 5069 ft runway and race door-to-door against the competitor of their choice!! See what it’s finally like to race without the restrictions of speed limits, on what is basically your own private interstate in the mountains!!

Event Location:
Heaven's Landing
1271 Little Creek Rd
Clayton, GA 30525

There will be a Sponsor Shootout between 7 of the most incredible Performance Shops from across the country!! Be sure not to miss out on this as these shops go head-to-head to claim the title of the fastest shop in the Georgia 1/2 MILE!!

Our Sponsors for this event are:

Top Speed Motorsports - www.topspeedtuned.com
Buckhead Imports - www.buckhead-imports.com
Injected Engineering - www.injectedengineering.com
AMS Performance - www.amsperformance.com
Performing Imports - www.performingimports.com
Spec Clutch - www.specclutch.com
Vengeance Racing - www.vengeancerd.com
Garage Experts - www.garageexperts.com

It's been closed for about a month but there are some serious cars coming out to this event.

I was on the wait list and I just got in yesterday. If you want to go, I can get you on that list. Less than 10 people on it.

I think some people are meeting at 5am or so off of the 985. The races start at 9am but the drivers need to be at the track at 6:30am

Official Event Video and Results:

The Georgia 1/2 Mile Shootout is a day that will go down in history! High Speed of the day was set by TopSpeed Motorsports at 190.9 MPH in an incredible Nissan GTR!! Thanks to all of our sponsors, participants and spectators who came out to enjoy this event. We set a record with 125 total cars including sponsors and over 1100 spectators!! We are so grateful to have been blessed with this opportunity and look forward to making this event bigger and better each and every year!! An Official Driver Speeds spreadsheet will be released soon !! Thanks again everyone and remember without you we have nothing!!

Class Winners:

Fastest Sponsor: TopSpeed Motorsports (Nissan GTR, John Perrone Customer Owned) - 190.9MPH
Fastest Forced Induction Vehicle: Mike Wadsworth (Nissan GTR) - 185MPH
Fastest Naturally Aspirated Vehicle: Marshall Davis (Corvette C6) - 160MPH

Official Event Video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX6GUfRrfa8

Back