• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Glare off of Dash

I was wondering if anybody else has a problem with the glare off the dash that is reflected in the windshield. it makes seeing the road and any traffic difficult I find this very annoying. Is there a way to prevent this glare, such as some kind of cover or coating that would cancel all that glare.

Thanks in advance

------------------
Joseph Gavazza
99 White/blk NSX
92 Lexus LS400
01 VW GTI VR6

I don't have any problem with it at all. Ever.

That being said, here are two suggestions for you:

1. If you're using Armor-All or some other product that produces a glossy finish on the dash, don't. I use Zymol Vinyl, which leaves a satiny sheen, but the dash itself would probably reflect the least if no product were used other than an occasional damp cloth to wipe dirt off.

2. There is information in the FAQ here about aftermarket dash covers. I think they'd look tacky, but hey, it's your car, do what you like with it.

I notice the problem all the time if the angle of the sun is right, and I never use any glossy stuff on my interior.. in fact I use Zymol Vinyl. Perhaps some people are more sensitive to it than others.

Just wear polarized sunglasses. They will completely cut any glare from the dash reflected in the windshield, and generally make driving long distances easier on your eyes.

I had wondered if any one else had this problem. Obviously black helps and then it also hurts at the same time. I can promise that a thick layer of road dust from the top being off makes no difference. Lud makes a good point. I will have to try my Serengeti's when I see it next. Love those sunglasses, just wish they were a little darker for top off days.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

I have an NSXCA sticker on the glass divider. During the right conditions (most days on the way home from work), the NSX portion reflects onto my steering wheel.
I get an NSX shadow right below the ACURA on
the wheel.
biggrin.gif

That's very cool.

Originally posted by ilya:
I have an NSXCA sticker on the glass divider.

On my glass divider, I have an NSXCA sticker, an NSXPO '97 sticker, an NSXPO '98 sticker, an NSXPO '99 sticker, an NSXPO 2000 sticker, an NSXPO 2001 sticker, and a BMW CCA sticker.
biggrin.gif

There can't be a whole lot of folks with the same stickers because there are only four people who attended all five NSXPO's.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 18 February 2002).]

Yep, I get the glare all the time and it drives me nuts. I contacted a company whose name I found in the FAQ and they wouldn't make me a dash cover without the cutout for the passenger airbag (my car is a 91') despite my insistence that I didn't have an airbag. Needless to say I didn't buy anything from them.

Better sunglasses might help, but I wear prescription glasses and am forever losing my clip-ons as it is.

Bear in mind that Ken never experiences this phenomenon because he lives in Chicago, where there is no sun.

Dave
91' red/black
NSXCA Member #38

Originally posted by DaveG:
Bear in mind that Ken never experiences this phenomenon because he lives in Chicago, where there is no sun.

No sun. No snow. No sub-zero temperatures. But a lot of NSX's!

Back