• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

goKart car club team race at LeMans Karting

I know this is short notice, but I just noticed this in my junk mail folder.

Thought if anyone would be interested to represent the NSX club at this gokart event:

http://www.clubspeedtiming.com/lmkf...L&TemplateID=tzM5dDskDu7ZRsrTscS9eAEQUALEQUAL

Calling All Car Clubs!!

Itching to get some low-cost seat time this Spring? LeMans Karting – Silicon Valley’s only indoor & outdoor kart racing center – is hosting the Bay Area Car Club Challenge, a 2.5 hour team-enduro race on Sunday, June 3rd, 2012.

15 Teams of 5 racers each will represent their respective car clubs in the Bay Area’s first ever car club kart racing challenge. The goal is simple… race wheel-to-wheel against some of the best drivers in the area for bragging rights, and a chance to win the title of BACCC Champion! Which car club has the fastest drivers… Porsche, BMW, Audi, Lotus, ‘Vette or Ferrari Club? NASA, SCCA or HOD? Sign up and settle the score!

Who:
Current Car Club members

When:
Sunday, June 3, 2012

Agenda:
• 8:00am Team sign-ins
• 8:30am Drivers Briefing
• 9:00am Practice
• 9:30 – 12N Enduro Race – first team to see the checkered flag wins!
• 12N – 1pm – Taco truck available for everyone’s convenience

Rules:
• 5 Racers per Team
• Teams must wear Club logos/colors on race day
• No refueling stops... 2.5 hours of continuous racing!
• Random kart draw
• Minimum 4 pit stops
• Minimum 15 minutes drive time for each driver
• If kart breaks, up to one (1) fresh kart will be provided each team for the entire race. No ‘make-up’ laps will be added to the team lap count
• Drivers are responsible for their own team communications and race strategies
• LeMans Karting Safety Marshals will referee the race as fairly as possible, and will have final say in all disputes
• 1st place awards for 3 different weight categories
o Sumos – Avg. team weight > 200 lbs (including gear)
o Middleweights – Avg. team weigh 165lbs to 199lbs
o Lightweights – Avg. team weight < 165lbs

Cost:
$375 per team

Limited space. Sign up now. The first 15 team payments received will be in the race.

For more details please ask our sales staff!

Email:[email protected] , or call 510.770.9001

Hey Guys,
I just got this yesterday from Eric of LeMans Karting.

"Hi, I just saw your post from June of last year on the Car Club Challenge. It's short notice, but we're having one this coming Sunday (May 19th). Would you guys want to be a part of this one?

Thanks!
Eric"

Is there any interest from you guys?

Last edited:
Thanks to Yawwn for posting this and thanks for BATMANs to pointing me to the facebook group. The last two of these events we've had have been great fun and we'd love to see NSXs here. This will be the first big event on our new Mega Track layout, so please contact me with any questions. I can also send out some flyers with all the event info for those who are interested.

Eric
[email protected]
(510) 770-9001

If I can't make it to events posted on here, I usually just keep it to myself.

But I'm replying to this thread because I want to indicate my interest in this so that Eric knows there is interest here.

Unfortunately, I already have plans for that day and won't make it. But I hope Eric comes by more often with updates on upcoming events at their facility.

J

I'm still interested and willing to do it on Sunday.

Team NSX
1. Dhalsim

Yes. All good members of the Bay Area NSXCA have a shirt. It's a black shirt with an image of 2 arrows lined up on the back. LMAO

LOL!!!

The arrows on my shirt are crooked

J

If I can't make it to events posted on here, I usually just keep it to myself.

But I'm replying to this thread because I want to indicate my interest in this so that Eric knows there is interest here.

Unfortunately, I already have plans for that day and won't make it. But I hope Eric comes by more often with updates on upcoming events at their facility.

J

Ditto same here.
very interested but not available

Folks, if we can get a group event here are the perks that has been presented to me:

1. Everyone gets a free annual membership card (worth $20) which includes a free go kart event for you on your birthday
2. We have access to the large private room above (great if we want to bring food and drinks just for our group and guests)

So the best the Bay Area can do is 3? Truly sad. :frown: Well I guess 5 that are interested at least...........

So is this off now?

Sorry guys.
I knew I couldn't make it at the onset, but since Eric contacted me directly, I wanted to make sure to post it here.
What a shame that NSXs were not represented, but hopefully we can get more advanced notice, as I'm confident there are many gokart enthusiasts/NSX owners in the bay area who would enjoy attending.

Hi Guys,

We're having another Car Club Challenge tentatively scheduled for October 6th. It would be great to have NSX represented! Most will have teams of 5, but you can also have less team members that drive for longer. I'll also put this up on the Facebook group (hopefully I'm not overstepping my bounds doing that).

Let me know if you can get together a team.

Thanks,
Eric

Back