• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Goodyear gsd3 are now hard, need advice

I purchased a set of gsd3's about 4 years ago. They are now very hard and have no traction. I loved them when new. There is still lots of tread left. Should I purchase a new set of gsd3's or go with another brand. The gsd3 was the top rated tire at the time. Is this still true? I am running the 215/265 setup on 17/18"
Thanks Matt

I assume you've been using 215/40-17 and 275/35-18. Both of those sizes have been discontinued.

I was using a similar setup with 285/35-18 in back. I haven't done the math yet to see if another size 17 will work. I just recently installed the fronts and I'll probably get another 6 months out of them.

This is a job for keN SaX!

another similar offering...

I personally recommend the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position, if you have used/liked the Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3.

I made the switch and found the RE050A P.P.'s to be noticeably grippier [sic], have a much sharper turn-in (and presumably stiffer sidewall), perform almost as good as the F1 GSD3's in the wet, and have nearly identical/equivalent tread-wear/tread-life (~10k miles for the rears).

This my subjective/opinionated assessment from going through multiple sets of both of the aforementioned makes/models of tires.

If you choose to go w/ an even grippier [sic] dry-performance tire, there are numerous offerings available, though none will come close to the tread-wear/tread-life of the RE050A P.P.'s.

Back