• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got a ticket for wearing sunglasses

i don't knowwww....i didn't care to ask. all i know is that he wrote the citation and plus 1 1/4" frame something something i can't read his writing. honestly, i didn't care to read...but just got the citation number and noticed the 1 1/4" thick. :cool:

Which model Oakley's was she wearing?

PoohBear,

I don't know if this helps her, but here....I can't pull someone over for not having their seatbelt on (if they are over 18 and on the passenger-side). If I pull the car over for some other reason, then I CAN cite he passenger for no seatbelt. I can't pull someone over for having an expired insurance card or NOT having their registration paperwork on them (even though both insurance and registration are up to date). I have to have probable-cause to have stopped the vehicle in the first place.

I'm guessing it's the same scenario there. Did he pull her over initially regarding the sunglasses? Or did he pull her over initially for something else? Btw, is this a moving violation over there. Sorry, I know your probably fed up with all the questions by now.

I got a ticket the other night because I went through a yellow light and the cop said I tried to beat the light.

He said "Yellow means slow down and not speed up". I guess he was pissed because I made it through and he wasn't.

Ticket was for "Not obeying a traffic control device".

It was in a small town. I guess someone has to pay for him to get fatter.

To my knowledge based on the conversation with a friend, he pulled her over because of the sunglasses and the citation reflects just that. She was nice about it explaining that she couldn't see well and needed to use her hubby's sunglasses as she broke hers.

I posted this up because it is just ridiculous and I wanted to learn more about this stupid law. What can our finest law maker think of next? I guess I need to post "dumb laws across the states" thread :D

PoohBear,

I don't know if this helps her, but here....I can't pull someone over for not having their seatbelt on (if they are over 18 and on the passenger-side). If I pull the car over for some other reason, then I CAN cite he passenger for no seatbelt. I can't pull someone over for having an expired insurance card or NOT having their registration paperwork on them (even though both insurance and registration are up to date). I have to have probable-cause to have stopped the vehicle in the first place.

I'm guessing it's the same scenario there. Did he pull her over initially regarding the sunglasses? Or did he pull her over initially for something else? Btw, is this a moving violation over there. Sorry, I know your probably fed up with all the questions by now.

To my knowledge based on the conversation with a friend, he pulled her over because of the sunglasses and the citation reflects just that. She was nice about it explaining that she couldn't see well and needed to use her hubby's sunglasses as she broke hers.

I posted this up because it is just ridiculous and I wanted to learn more about this stupid law. What can our finest law maker think of next? I guess I need to post "dumb laws across the states" thread :D

I highly doubt the sunglass law is enough PC (Probable Cause) to have pulled her over in the first place. She should really take this to court. I'm sorry some officers are like this, I really am. They are not all jerks such as this one. If she brought that to court I would scoff at that officer. If this was one of my fellow officers, I would tell him kindly that he is being ridiculous with his citations. This whole traffic stuff irritates me. I prefer the detective office personally.

You want BS? I got ticketed for revving my engine at a light because the idle was a little low after remapping. Some BS about display of force and noise ordinance. I went and spoke to the DA and both were dropped, thankfully.

10 year ago I got a ticket for "use of horn". I were behind a car at red light. Then light turn green and he wouldn't move so i gave him a light horn to remind him that the light turned green. Next thing I know a motocycle cop behind me and pull me over. I got cited for "use of horn". I appeared in court but he didn't show up. Win by default.

LOL. i got pulled over 4 times last yr for a number of reasons because my previous car is just yellow.

i have heard someone who driving a Ferrari got pulled over because his exhaust is too loud.

i hear pittsburgh cops like giving out bogus tickets too.
friend's friend got pulled over (on different occasions, by different cops) for just driving his STOCK STi. something about the hood scoop one time, and something about the spoiler the other. :confused:

I am going to bet that it was the type of sunglass being worn. If they have the side piece, like horse blinders, they are illegal while driving......

Yep. the '80s with the side leather flaps are illegal as you have side vision :biggrin:

I'd despute it in court without thinking twice. First off, how did he notice the exact size of the glasses from behind or even beside the car? Second off, did he ever measure it? It he didn't, just bring a legal pair of subglasses that look the same or don't bring any at all. If cops don't document the proof on site, it's void once you take the issue to court. Simple question, "Did you measure with a ruler with marks every so often to exact size of the classes at the time of the citation?" If not, screw him.

another quick story.
my friend's friend got pulled over for driving faster than a cop.
u know what. speed limit was 40. that 'moron' cop driving 30.
o cmon. someone just tried to pass him because he gotta go work. then got pulled over. :mad: the cop even told the driver, "never drive faster than me"

Back