• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Group Buy: Hans Neck Devices:

Coz

Legendary Member
Just so happens in making my deal to buy my Hans, I made this deal for evenone if anyone is interested.

Let me know and we'll put a group buy together.
We need 3 to save the $50.00 on each and shipping costs.

Top of quote is for HANS product
Last item on this quote is for Necksgen ( the new DenNder )
Quote valid thru Dec 31st
We will RE-QUOTE Jan 1st when we have 2013 cost sheets
All costs are 100% complete with pads / anchors and tethers
and free ground UPS ...

BASIC NECK SIZE INFO
SS Ideally 12 " and under
Small 14" and under
Medium 14 to 18"
Large 18" and over
No extra large unless CUSTOM MADE
Sport Model ( All Sport models are getting phased out
for 2013 since Simpson purchased Hans ) The SFI and FIA
certifications are identical from Sport / Sport 2 / Sport adjustable
and Pro models )
Sport models available :

A) SS ( Super Small ) ( less that 12" neck )
$ 545 delivered / order in groups of 3+ $ 50 off each device !
plus free Ground UPS if whole order sent to one address.

B) They never made a small Sport

C) Medium 20 degree 14-18 SOLD OUT and DISCONTINUED
Until Dec 31st we made a DEAL with Hans where we can
substitute Sport 2 ( rounded top for better helmet clearance
plus slightly lighter ........Right now ONLY the Mediums 20
Sport will be up-graded to the Sport 2 at the Sport costs
$ 645 delivered / order in groups of 3+ $ 50 off each device !
plus free Ground UPS if whole order sent to one address. As
of Nov 1st all orders for Sport 20 mediums will upgrade to Sport 2

D) Large 20 degree
E) They never made a SMALL 30 degree
E) Medium 30 degree
F) Large 30 degree
$ 645 delivered / order in groups of 3+ $ 50 off each device !
plus free Ground UPS if whole order sent to one address
Sport 2 models Right now only available in

20 Med
20 Large
$ 695 delivered / order in groups of 3+ $ 50 off each device !
Sport Model ADJUSTABLE 10 thru 40 degree in 5 degree increments
$ 795 delivered / order in groups of 3+ $ 50 off each device !
Pro models get CHOICE of COLORS on Post anchors NO EXTRA $$$
Pro models get CHOICE of COLORS on PADS NO EXTRA $$$
( Red Blue or Black )

Pro Model
20 degree XS ( extra small / under 12" )

20 degree Small

MEDIUM 20 and Medium 30
$ 995 delivered / order in groups of 3+ $ 50 off each device !

LARGE 20 and Large 30
$ 995 delivered / order in groups of 3+ $ 50 off each device !

All Necksgen ( the DefNder new name ) are ADJUSTABLE 10 thru 40 degree
Neckgen have REAR and SIDE sliding tethers and are QUICK CLICK
anchors only ....
Available in :
ADULT SIZE ( 14" and up ) called a LARGE
Medium size ( 14" and down )
A childs size is planned
$ 599 delivered / order in groups of 3+ $ 50 off each device !

Last edited:
Yes, I tried. OG Racing gives a 20 percent discount to NASA HPDE Driving instuctors so they were the first one's I called. However, they don't give the discounts on Hans devices.

OG wanted $695.00, plus attachements assemblies for the one I bought plus shipping. I ended up getting it from GB for $645 with attachment assemblies and free shipping.

I saved about $100.00 buying it through GB.

If you're price shopping, OGRacing (local to me) has standard pricing that pretty much comes close or matches this GB pricing. You should contact them directly and see if you can get a better GB rate:
http://www.ogracing.com/driver/head-and-neck-restraints

I'm on the market to buy one myself this winter.

Go to OG racing.
Check out their closeout sales.
http://www.ogracing.com/

Find something you want and call me.
Get at least a 2 layer suit, if not 3.

I'm in. just need to figure out sizing and stuff. How about recommendations on a starter fire suit?

I'm not trying to put a damper on any GB here, because I myself would like an HNR, but HANS is not a good one anymore guys. Why are we starting a GB on this instead of something better?

I did a lot of research and reading on these a year or two ago, and HANS does not offer as much side to side movement protection, some others do. HANS has been known to put extensive pressure on the ribcage and the collarbone and crack ribs.

HANS also NEEDS a harness and harness bar and there are HNR's that do not.

HANS is just no longer what I would call state of the art, although they advertise heavily and have ties to NASCAR and various sanctions. So while they product is "seen" as being used by many racers, it isn't necessarily because it is the best product.

Now I realize some of you may disagree with some of what I am saying, and I am very open to having a discussion on this... But I am pointing this out because this is a very very important item, it concerns the safety of all of us. If I can say something to improve the safety of coz, Ryu, myself, or anyone else I am going to say it even if it "disrupts" a GB (which I am apologizing for now).

Open discussion is good :-)

I had the Neckdefender and used it for awhile. Was very unconfortable.

I sit very upright, anything I've tried pushes my head forward.
The HNR's all push me forward and very uncomforable.

The Hans Pro small is the best fitting device I found for me at this point.

Some interesting things here about all devices.
http://www.goaheadtakethewheel.com/blog/head-and-neck-restraint-systems-comparisons-politics/

I'm not trying to put a damper on any GB here, because I myself would like an HNR, but HANS is not a good one anymore guys. Why are we starting a GB on this instead of something better?

I did a lot of research and reading on these a year or two ago, and HANS does not offer as much side to side movement protection, some others do. HANS has been known to put extensive pressure on the ribcage and the collarbone and crack ribs.

HANS is just no longer what I would call state of the art, although they advertise heavily and have ties to NASCAR and various sanctions. So while they product is "seen" as being used by many racers, it isn't necessarily because it is the best product.

Now I realize some of you may disagree with some of what I am saying, and I am very open to having a discussion on this... But I am pointing this out because this is a very very important item, it concerns the safety of all of us. If I can say something to improve the safety of coz, Ryu, myself, or anyone else I am going to say it even if it "disrupts" a GB (which I am apologizing for now).

Last edited:
A quick read shows the comparison damning of the HANS... LOL... I'll have to read the whole thing but by all I ever heard Safety Solution systems were better.

I'm also very curious about the isaac. Is that still made? Maybe I just like the miniature shock absorbers... LOL "Sarah Connor?"

Last edited:
Watch the video.
End result, they preferred the Hans over the others.

A quick read shows the comparison damning of the HANS... LOL... I'll have to read the whole thing but by all I ever heard Safety Solution systems were better.

I'm also very curious about the isaac. Is that still made? Maybe I just like the miniature shock absorbers... LOL "Sarah Connor?"

HANS relies on the seat/car to provide the side-to-side safety protection, like NASCAR's have the protective extensions around their seats and formula cars have the removable collar around your head.

IMHO, if you are looking into driving in dangerous enough conditions to want a HANS or some other device, I think you should have harnesses/a harness bar in you car already. If your in-between, use thick neckbrace.

If you get the HANS then spring for the Quick Release anchors vs the Post ones, very easy to get in and out of. I unloaded my HANS in favor for one of the last remaining DefNder units on the globe.... Wasn't really impressed how they handled marketplace competition.

If you get the HANS then spring for the Quick Release anchors vs the Post ones, very easy to get in and out of. I unloaded my HANS in favor for one of the last remaining DefNder units on the globe.... Wasn't really impressed how they handled marketplace competition.

So which do you like better?

So which do you like better?

Overall, DefNder. I haven't tried out a Necksgen since they're still relatively new but the design looks extremely similar so I'm sure it's just as comfortable. The only part I preferred about the HANS more was the QR anchors, a bit more graceful than the post anchors I have now.

As far as the side impact point earlier, I didn't want to run a halo seat on a car that was commuted to/from the track. So that's where running with the DefNder made sense.

The bottom line is if you track your car, anything is better than nothing...

Overall, DefNder. I haven't tried out a Necksgen since they're still relatively new but the design looks extremely similar so I'm sure it's just as comfortable. The only part I preferred about the HANS more was the QR anchors, a bit more graceful than the post anchors I have now.

As far as the side impact point earlier, I didn't want to run a halo seat on a car that was commuted to/from the track. So that's where running with the DefNder made sense.

The bottom line is if you track your car, anything is better than nothing...

Well yes and no :) I'm not preaching it to you because I know you know the difference. But people running harnesses without rollover protection (could be considered "anything") is more dangerous than maintaining the stock safety system (could be considered "nothing").

For those that aren't going to actually throw in a real rollbar or cage then I would suggest the Safety Solutions HNR's since it doesn't require harnesses to be functional.

How bad is a halo seat in a street driven car? I am still trying to find this out. Has anyone fit one in an NSX with the hole in the halo? Those seem to be ok to look through

Of course I'm taking it for granted that anyone that wears any kind of neck device should know they must have roll over protection and be belted in with harnesses.

Probably taking to much for granted with most people.

So which one do you wear ?

Well yes and no :) I'm not preaching it to you because I know you know the difference. But people running harnesses without rollover protection (could be considered "anything") is more dangerous than maintaining the stock safety system (could be considered "nothing").

For those that aren't going to actually throw in a real rollbar or cage then I would suggest the Safety Solutions HNR's since it doesn't require harnesses to be functional.

If I can make some casual observations from my years of hpde,hans type devices are more frequently used, of those that use them 20% or so have no harness systems,and I'd say greater than half don't have cages.On the other hand the majority of students don't use them,and a significant number of advanced drivers in street cars don't use them.

Very true John. Very true.

If I can make some casual observations from my years of hpde,hans type devices are more frequently used, of those that use them 20% or so have no harness systems,and I'd say greater than half don't have cages.On the other hand the majority of students don't use them,and a significant number of advanced drivers in street cars don't use them.

Of course I'm taking it for granted that anyone that wears any kind of neck device should know they must have roll over protection and be belted in with harnesses.

Probably taking to much for granted with most people.

So which one do you wear ?

Sometimes people only know what they know. I figure it can't hurt to clarify for somebody that is browsing around learning about how to keep their spine in tact. Ignorance in terms of safety runs wild over at M3forum, it was near scary. Trying to be an evangelist for the topic became tiresome and I gave up.

I run a DefNder now, but this is also on my track car and whenever I do track the NSX it'll be stock as I'll never jam a roll bar in there. But credit to the brave souls who do!

I was attending a rally race down in Yuma AZ a couple years ago and most the drivers/navigators were wearing a different brand than Hans(I think DefNder?).

I want one for our Chump Car team/car we are setting up, so may be in for this depending on choice, price, and timing.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't it better overall to have your safety gear attached to you and not to a part of a car that can mangle and deform in an accident?

We now have 4.

The plan is I will order them on the 15th so they will be here by the 20th.
Paying for them can either be Pay Pal, sent as a gift so it doesn't cost me any fee's, or you can send me a check, preferably one that doesn't bounce, LOL.

Last call is the 15th...
Coz

Back