• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT4 NSX Collage PIcs

I finally finished the 24 hour Nurburgring! Wow, what a pain in my ass. So I have to tell you that the Fourmula car is SICK!!!!!!! Wow that was totally worth the time. (i won it with the Minolta Toyota, stage 4 turbo and SH slicks) I think i was about 25 laps ahead at the end.
Here is my question. Does anyone know how to "buy" different tires (SH?) for the formula car, or am i stuck with the mediums? I am pitting before I even burn half a tank of fuel.

Man, GT4 is wicked fun. I love the new B-spec mode. Though it kinda does feel like cheating doesn't it?

I hear at week starting day 694 there are some black race cars you can purchase for a miserly sum of 8.5 million - supposedly totally worth it. Yeah, it's not a small number but you can quickly accumulate that money by

1. Buying a SL65 AMG, tune it up, and race the Silver Arrows Championship. 900+ft. lbs of torque? Sick.
2. From which you win a MB DTM car. Tune that up a little, and then enter the DTM races.
3 From which you win an MB GT-R (the ones that flipped at Le Mans). Sell it for $743 grand.

So in addition to the each race price, 15k, and the championship prize, 75k, you get to sell the GT-R for 743k. Not too shappy. I think you earn in total 892k.

I'm a little over 14% complete and have just under 6 mill in credits. Tried to get all gold in licenses and so far have failed miserably. ;)

Quote: "I hear at week starting day 694 there are some black race cars you can purchase for a miserly sum of 8.5 million - supposedly totally worth it."

Anyone have some more info on this???????????

http://cheats.ign.com/ob2/068/489/489327.html

Hint: Secret Black Cars
The vehicle line-up in the used car showrooms is constantly changing. On the last week of the changing cycle--starting day 694--four secret black race cars appear in the showrooms. Two of the cars are in the Used Car Showroom I and the other two are in Showroom II, and they only appear for one week (Gran Turismo time). All four cars can be purchased for about Cr.8,500,000 total, which is an absolute bargain for these sort of race cars.

gt4_cheat.jpg

Are theese just cool cuz they are black or do they have some kind of performance increase?

This is getting interesting...
I am going after PonyBoys formula on the MB's tonight after work. I want that BMW LM V12 pretty bad.

Oh, and by the way... The pictures that started this thread are great too...
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Philip

I have been considering buying a PS2 just to play the GT games and GT4 looks fantastic. Can anyone tell me if you are running the game using the component video out? Is it possible for the PS2 to output 1080i HDTV format? I am an avid PC gamer and have thought that PS2 lacked in graphics quality compared to my PC gaming machine. I would like to hook it up to my 64” HDTV projection monitor.

Michael, I bought my ps2 just for GT3! Its worth the $150. The PS2 best output is s-video. But its super clean, no worries on my 47 inch.

Running on 48" panasonic HDTV- I get occasional shudders in the picture, but nothing to cry about- maybe it is my PS2 showing it's age...

I used PonyBoy's advice and went after the MB trophys (I started with a loaded McLaren SLR) It worked, and I finally got my BMW LM V12 tonight- it is running the 24hrs on the ring as I type... F1 car here I come!

I have the Super License blues though... Can't seem to get through it.

Philip

NMNSX said:
I finally finished the 24 hour Nurburgring! Wow, what a pain in my ass. So I have to tell you that the Fourmula car is SICK!!!!!!! Wow that was totally worth the time. (i won it with the Minolta Toyota, stage 4 turbo and SH slicks) I think i was about 25 laps ahead at the end.
Here is my question. Does anyone know how to "buy" different tires (SH?) for the formula car, or am i stuck with the mediums? I am pitting before I even burn half a tank of fuel.

You're stuck with the mediums. You can't maintain the Formula car and the only tuning is limited mainly to the suspension and transmission. However, after each race, the engine is refreshed on its own so you never lose any horsepower which makes up for not being able to maintain the car on your own. I actually prefer the F1 cars from GT3 because they were based on real life classic F1 cars and they named the cars in "code" so you could figure out which F1 car it was and which driver drove it. Still, the GT4 F1 is pretty awesome too! I'm racing Nurburgring again to win one in a different color since I don't like the color scheme my first one came in:

wetoddimage.wtdr

wetoddimage.wtdr

NSX-Racer said:
I won this (only in B spec mode yet) with a maxed out Viper SRT 10 (nearly 1000 hps). But it seems that I only get the last championship in the Pro series when I won all other beginners and Pro races in A spec mode - bummer!
I have to correct myself: It doesn't matter if you race in A or b spec mode - I just overlooked that I ran all races of one pro series but not the championship! Now everything is unlocked (unfortunately I missed day 694 and the following week to buy one of those black cars - another chance will come from day 1388 on AFAIK).

Another side note: Although B spec points count for the computers driving abilities, the A spec points are completely useless.

I got lucky on my F1 paint scheme... Got the black over yellow (like the Jordan cars). I love it. I used the F1 in a few paved surface special conditions races. She is a little touchy in the tight corners, but MAN it flys up those corridors.... And here I thought the Bimmer was fun!

Philip

Both of you got lucky on the paint! Mine is just orange. YUCK! guess i have to run the ring for another 24 hours!

NMNSX said:
Both of you got lucky on the paint! Mine is just orange. YUCK! guess i have to run the ring for another 24 hours!

Orange like the old Arrows cars? I think that would be pretty cool.
I will have to let loose for another 24 on the ring to see if I can't get that one...

I am in the middle of running my F1 car in the Grand Turismo AllStars series right now- I want to add the McLaren F1 to my collection (which is getting pretty hefty about now)

I am also trying to get my S license too--- damn thats hard.

30 attempts with the hyundai in the snow have gotten me thinking about the game shark...
I should probably quit drinking beer when taking the license tests...
No GT4 DUI- but I haven't been making much progress! :biggrin:

Philip

Michael Barlin said:
I have been considering buying a PS2 just to play the GT games and GT4 looks fantastic. Can anyone tell me if you are running the game using the component video out? Is it possible for the PS2 to output 1080i HDTV format? I am an avid PC gamer and have thought that PS2 lacked in graphics quality compared to my PC gaming machine. I would like to hook it up to my 64” HDTV projection monitor.

There IS a 1080 mode in gt4, it's nice. Only downside is that you have to turn this setting back on every time you turn the ps2 on and offf.

I'm using the component video out and it works great. The logitech GT4 wheel also works on PC games. Although I haven't tried using my wheel on the pc.

I just finished b-specing the 24 hours of Nurburgring using a modified Takata Dome NSX. It BARELY beat a cyan racing Skyline GTR...I mean, the lead exchanged many times over the course of the race. In fact, my driver crossed the finish line running on fumes and with balding tires (only a few thousand feet in front of the GTR).

So I won a Formula GT car...only problem is I got white with PURPLE stripes! Ack! Of all the colors...why purple?!?!? Any color would have been better!

Haven't had a chance to drive it yet...I'm going to take it out for a spin during my lunch break.

I just passed day 670 and have just over $8,000,000 in the bank...I should have enough to buy all the black cars when they become available (I can always sell that Minolta Toyota race car and get it back later). The Formula GT car is the s#!t....what a ride! Just working my way through the Endurance and Extreme Events now.

I haven't been playing with Photo Mode as much as I would like (been very busy with work, got heavily sidetracked with the PSP, and soon will be throwing Forza into the mix), but I finally snapped my first composite photo:

Attachments

• Italy - Piazza San Marco - Composite - 01 Italian Collection.jpg
    Italy - Piazza San Marco - Composite - 01 Italian Collection.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 170
Man, you are way behind! I'm around day 1700, had the chance to buy the black cars 2 times (bought one, nothing special besides the colour), completed about 89 % with nearly 200 cars and now addicted to drive the Nuerburgring with about every one of them - so not much progress any more :biggrin:

Back