• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Have most NXS's been lowered?

Most NSX's are probably not lowered as many owners want to keep their cars all stock for resale purposes. Those who like to customize their cars will definitely lower it as it looks much nicer with aftermarket wheels.

Some of our cars are lower for performance reasons too. ;)

(3 whole quarters of an inch)

I've checked around and my stock NSX usually clears speed bumps by a couple of inches. Some are only an inch or so. However, recently I found two places that only clear by about 3/8". That's stock. I can only assume that lowered cars are not daily drivers.

I can only assume that lowered cars are not daily drivers
.mine is, I'm probably an inch or maybe a little more. Freelance's car is even lower than that.

Anyways, without any formal research. Here's what my gut feeling from my last 2 years ownership, sighting, and local meets. Majority of People who likes to wander around Prime would lower their nsx, people who had lowered cars before would also tends to lower their nsx. (can't accept the wheel gap.) People who are not in the 2 mentioned group would think the nsx is low enough and doesn't bother to lower it anymore.

I agree. For me it wasn't that the NSX wasn't low enought but I feel that the gap between the tire and the fender (like all Hondas) is just too big. The TL has improved on that but IMO is still too much. I like the look of the the fender being right on the tire like BMW's. Their wheels seem to fit just right. My car is lowered about 1 inch and occasionally does scrape certain parking lot speed bumps.

Before I bought my '91, it was never lowered. In fact it was all stock until I got my hands on it. I'm running Tein Flex coilovers with 18 & 19 inch wheels. It is such a huge difference in appearance compared to stock. I've got it lowered 1.5", maybe more. I will rub on occasion but it's acceptable. The car obviously handles much better too.

All the sports cars I've own have always been lowered.

I put Eibach springs over adjustable Koni struts and found the improvement in handling very nice. It lowered the car a little less than 3/4 inch. Ride is a bit stiffer but not objectionable and I have no problem with speed bumps or rubbing (17s, 8 and 9 with 43 offsets).....bigger/heavier wheels are going to slow your NSX's modest performance noticeably IMHO.......

I lowered mine with just the Bilstein shocks on the lower perch using the stock springs. Brought the car down about 5/8" to 3/4" total. IMHO, that is fine for us becasue we can still get in and out of our driveway, barely scraping the stock lip. It does look nicer lowered.

nsxpilot said:
bigger/heavier wheels are going to slow your NSX's modest performance noticeably IMHO.......

I know, but I love it...

Litespeeds said:
Most NSX's are probably not lowered as many owners want to keep their cars all stock for resale purposes.
Or, because we have enough trouble scraping the front air dam at the stock ride height, or because we prefer the way it looks at the stock ride height, or because we like the stock suspension setup, or...

I haven't had any problem with a 1 inch lower height. I couldn't stand the 4 fingers gap between the fender and tires, so therefore, lowering was the first modifcation to the car.

I like to look of the car after it have been lowered .75" to 1.00" but the thought of going through tires faster than I already do is insane (for me)....
So, until something proven can be brought to the market that will correct this issue, mine will remain the stock height.

i agree. the lowered nsx is better looking than stock. may have more problems going over speed bumps, etc--but who takes speed bumps at over 5mphs anyway. i put bilstein's w/ stock springs on mine. looks great and ride is close to stock.

I have the comptech sport springs with 18/19 SSR gt3's... Looks tremendous :wink:

I entered an underground parking lot and the bottom of the ramp had a nice V in it. What kind of idiot designs a ramp with a V at the bottom.

One of first mods I did was lower my NSX. I'm running Tein Flex coilovers. I had it lowered as much as possible without rubbing/scrapping problems. I think it makes a world of difference in appearance. I'm also running 18 & 19's (Volk LE37's)

What kind of idiot designs a ramp with a V at the bottom.

What kind of idiot lowers an already low-riding car?

Back