• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

HELP? 99 bosxter head gasket estimate? and DENTS??

so my boxster started to boil over and spew coolant onto the street and billow white smoke, while making a popping engine sound. I think the head gasket might be out.
Any ideas as to how much this will cost (ball park is fine).

also the garbage man dropped the dumpster on my driver front fender and left a 4 inch vertical dent....PICS attached....

working with insurance to help pay for the dent.

HELP?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 63
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 63
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I could be wrong but a lot of times a blown head gasket = new motor.
Antifreeze acts like sandpaper to your cylinder walls.

A buddy of mine had the same thing happen to his Cayman R. The rebuild cost him over $20,000. He was on the track when it happened however.

Last edited:
So the insurance guy came today and offered me 700 bucks for the dent repair. He told me they reserve the right to bondo my car since that is "industry standard"

My car was pristine before. I feel like they're reimbursing me for some halfway repair and splash about paint job

I'm pissed, not to mention the possible motor death.

all will work out, be patient...

so my boxster started to boil over and spew coolant onto the street and billow white smoke, while making a popping engine sound. I think the head gasket might be out.
Any ideas as to how much this will cost (ball park is fine)...
Best bet is to swap-in another motor from a wrecked/salvaged Boxster... preferably one that had the RMS repair and/or do the RMS repair at this time.

Obviously compare that to the cost of a head-gasket repair / motor rebuild.

also the garbage man dropped the dumpster on my driver front fender and left a 4 inch vertical dent....PICS attached....

working with insurance to help pay for the dent.

HELP?
So the insurance guy came today and offered me 700 bucks for the dent repair. He told me they reserve the right to bondo my car since that is "industry standard"

My car was pristine before. I feel like they're reimbursing me for some halfway repair and splash about paint job

I'm pissed...
Unless the dent can be pulled-out relatively easily & repainted/blended (if applicable), the cost of labor to strip/pull/fix/bondo/primer/prep/repaint/blend will likely trump the cost of a new (or used/undamaged) front-fender & paint/blend.

Estimates from an Euro/German bodywork shop (and/or dealer's collision-center) can offer more insight.

Insurance companies are fair-&-reasonable w/ regards to a vehicle's relative value. Pre-owned Boxster's can range in value from ~$10k (or less) to ~$50k (or more). So that's to consider, along w/ an applicable diminished-value claim on the vehicle if warranted.

Last edited:
Back