• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hooked on Driving

Has anyone ever gone to one of these events? I went to one at PIR and did a ride along with a buddy in his BMW Z3, he drives in group C, it was impressive to see how the cars handle on an actual race track. I think it would be cool to see a group of NSXs on the track.

They have events close by at Oregon Raceway Park, PIR and The Ridge Motorsports Park.

http://www.hookedondriving.com/even...s_'o_Fun_at_the_Park_HPDE_ORP_Monday_July_1st

I have been to several HPDE days with my S2000 with the BMW and Porsche club (as they allowed certain convertibles). HOD should be the same kind of fun though. BMW Club costs $200 for the whole day with an available in-car instructor for novices and intermediates (at all times). Although I would love to take the NSX to track, trying to figure out of it is worth the cost/fun ratio in terms of parts and any fixes required. Almost inclined to get a higher mileage S2000 next year primarily for track duty, cheaper to run and similar amount of fun. :)

Although I would love to take the NSX to track, trying to figure out of it is worth the cost/fun ratio in terms of parts and any fixes required.

I don't think you would have to worry much about parts any more than you do driving on the street, brake pads maybe. I think driving the NSX on the track will just bring a new level of appreciation for the car. The NSX was made for the track. When I get my car back on the road I fully intend to take it to a HOD event, a great way to legally see what the car can do.

I track my nsx every month if you wanna ride come over at 8/10 at ridge motorsport park

Jchiu, thanks for the offer, I would like to make it up to the Ridge however I can't make it on the 10th, maybe next month.

Last edited:
Back