• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HOUSTON: Accord/Acura BBQ Meet 12/11/05

Please visit this site for more details:

http://www.houston-imports.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3917773#post3917773

We would LOVE to see some NSXs attend our BBQ Meet :)

acca.jpg

Pavilion 1 (same as last year)

TIME: noon-whenever, 12/11/05 (Sunday)

DIRECTIONS/MAP:3535 War Memorial, Houston TX 77084-6199
Call 281-496-2177 for info or...

CLICK HERE for a map...

CLICK HERE for a map of the park…

CLICK HERE for details/info about the park and pavilion

For those who have never attended, the Accord/Acura meet is HI’s oldest and strongest meet, entering our 3rd year. Our meet has survived when others failed because we attract a mature crowd and provide a family-friendly atmosphere. We usually have a meet once a month on Saturday nights. Our current host store is Square Donuts (www.squaredonuts.com), who has been kind enough to provide us with the use of there parking lot. However, for our BBQ meets, we have held them at Bear Creek Park on Sundays during the daytime – this is our 2nd Annual BBQ meet.

CLICK HERE for pictures from last year's Accord/Acura BBQ Meet...

A group picture from last year’s Accord/Acura BBQ Meet…

DSC03065Small.jpg

DSC03069Small.jpg

PARTICIPANTS: EVERYONE IS WELCOME! It doesn’t matter what kind of car you own…as long as you follow our rules, you and your family are welcome to join us.

RULES: We never had a problem at our meet before, and don't expect to, but just so we are all on the same page...no revving/peeling out, no loud car stereos when driving in, no SPEEDING etc. ALCOHOL IS NOT PERMITTED ON PARK GROUNDS, so do not bring alcohol. You are welcome to bring a pet but make sure he/she/it is leashed. Clean up after yourself - no messes will be tolerated. There is plenty of garbage areas/water to keep our meet clean and park-friendly...please abide. No fighting :fight: NO DRAMA!!! We will have cameras all over this meet and will take pictures of anyone that violates our rules and send it to the police. Also, the police tour the park on weekends - we don't want to give them any reason to come out and harass us

PARKING: Parking will be very limited/tight due to other pedestrians utilizing the park...even in the area we are using, since it has a golf course and playground nearby. Please try to show up around 11am to acquire good parking for photo shoots. We will try to sector off areas for certain cars (accords in one spot, integras in another, etc.)

ON THE MENU: Like last year, we will be preparing burgers, hot dogs, snack and refreshments. Our burgers will be even better this year (we will marinate them in Worcestershire sauce :yum: ) We are open for suggestions for food…you are welcome to bring your own meat if you want. EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

The grill is pretty big…

DSC02931Small.jpg

We don’t fuck around when it comes to food or Accords :cool:

ENTERTAINMENT: Feel free to bring a football, basketball, etc. There are volleyball posts ready for anyone interested in volleyball…just need a ball and a net. We have electricity for anyone wanting to bring a TV or radio. There is a children’s playground area nearby so feel free to bring your kids.

CONTRIBUTIONS: I am personally sacrificing a large sum of money to reserve this pavillion. Myself and others are donating our own hard earned money to make this happen. We ask that you help us allocate the costs of this BBQ by donating cash…whatever you can spare. We want this to be an equitable event where everyone donates and shares in making this a bad ass meet. If you can’t donate cash, we ask that you bring sodas only. Please do not bring snacks, meats, etc. to donate because last year we ended up having too much leftovers. For this reason, again, we ask that you donate cash or soda only unless otherwise specified. A Donating Box will be available at the BBQ for those that can donate money.

PLEASE - anyone that wants to contribute/donate money BEFORE the BBQ let”aznguy83” know via PM/AIM/CELL. Myself, Viet, Thanh, and the rest of our crew (Team ACCA) and a few others have already donated. We have already received a donation from “Hornda”.

PICTURES: Because myself, Thanh and others will be busy with other activity, we will probably not be able to take pictures at this meet. WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS FOR PHOTOGRAPHY. If you have a camera and can take pictures for us, please let us know ASAP! Last year, we had about 4 photographers and an ass load of pictures - the discussion thread remains one of the most viewed threads in the Metro section with 9 pages of nothing but pictures! We want to make it even better this year!

DISCUSSION THREAD: **PLEASE DO NOT CREATE A DISCUSSION/PICTURE THREAD**. Either myself or Thanh (aznguy83) will be creating the OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD shortly after the meet, either Sunday night or Monday morning, depending on when it ends. Any threads created for discussion by anyone other than myself or Thanh will be locked by Andy (Mr.Mcoupe) at our discretion.

CONTACTS: Myself and Thanh will have our cell phones handy on Sunday for anyone that needs to contact us. Please limit it for important phone calls: (ie: do NOT ask us for directions!)

ORMAND: 832-868-3400
AZNGUY83: 832-646-5786

We have seating, electricity, lighting and cover…

DSC02834Small.jpg

THIS IS HAPPENING **RAIN OR SHINE** Last year, we enjoyed the perfect weather…sunny day with 60 degree weather. We can’t predict the weather until it gets closer to the date, but there will be no rain dates!

We look forward to bringing you the best meet of the year…again :hs:

Ormand and Thanh
Team ACCA

**For more information about TEAM ACCA, please contact Thanh (aznguy83).

looks like a good time :wink:

Frankly Ormand, your avatar gives me the creeps :biggrin: I think people are afraid to go see that tongue sticking out at them. :tongue:

I'm sure it was a lot of fun. Nice peeps, nice cars, good food..I would have come out but my car was at the shop and still is:mad: Perhaps next time, and if Ormand changes that tongue sticking avatar:biggrin:

Wheelman said:
I'm sure it was a lot of fun. Nice peeps, nice cars, good food..I would have come out but my car was at the shop and still is:mad: Perhaps next time, and if Ormand changes that tongue sticking avatar:biggrin:

We don't mind what you drive - if you're into cars and want to see some of Houston's nicest Accords, you could have came out still. One of my NSX friends on here sold his NSX and he was invited regardless of what he drives.

We will have another BBQ meet in a year. Our next regular Accord/Acura meet will probably be in mid-Feb...I'll make a posting :)

PS - I am NOT changing the avatar! :mad:

ormand said:
PS - I am NOT changing the avatar! :mad:

What is the significance of the avatar?
I'm sorry if this is a personal question, but my curiousity has gotten ahold...

skinnydoc said:
What is the significance of the avatar?
I'm sorry if this is a personal question, but my curiousity has gotten ahold...

There is none, other than the fact that I use the same avatar on all forums I am a member of :) It's international lingo for "Ormand" :tongue:

Back