• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How About a NorthWEST ATL Meeting

Would any of you be interested in starting some get togethers in the northwest ATL area (Acworth/Kennesaw). Seems like most meets are in the Northeast area.

The area around US-41 at Mars Hill/Acworth Due West is north of the congested Barrett Parkway Mall area and has many new restaurants...

I know a lot of us live up this way in the Marietta, Kennesaw, Acworth, Cartersville area.

Even Towncenter Mall or Marietta areas if my other suggestion is too far north.

Maybe there are already meets up here and I've not been paying attention. :biggrin:

I don't have a restaurant connection. Anyone?

Bill

Absolutely!

I live in East Cobb/Marietta and would love to get together more often. Wednesday or Thursday evenings would be great for mid week dinner meets. Look forward to setting up some mountain drives to help me wear the tires down a little faster than I do on my five mile daily commute.

I can also offer the use of my office space (Marietta Eye Clinic) for meetings that would include any programs people would want to give. Lots of room in the Main office near Kennestone Hospital. Also have a smaller office in Canton with room for 20 people.

Would suggest the regular meetings be within a couple exits of Town Center so that people on either I75 or I575 can get there easily. Will look for friendly sites.

Paul

Im in- im in cobb too- south side but only a 20 min ride-- oh wait Ill be driving the NSX so about 8 minute ride.......... :biggrin: :tongue: :wink:

Is everyone a NSXCA member? If so, we can probably get it sanctioned (money off lunch?).

Anyway, I think Saterday afternoons are what we should shoot for....park cars together in lot, have lunch, talk about a NW ATL drive, check out each other's rides.

Hooter's on Hwy 41 (near Town Center mall) may be a place. Don't know anyone there, but there is a big parking lot next to it, and they've had car shows there in the past.

My son has his last basketball game this Sat from 1:30-2:30, but I may be up for it after that. I'll try to call manager there and see if we can have some spaces roped off.

Bill

Is everyone a NSXCA member? If so, we can probably get it sanctioned (money off lunch?).

Anyway, I think Saterday afternoons are what we should shoot for....park cars together in lot, have lunch, talk about a NW ATL drive, check out each other's rides.

Hooter's on Hwy 41 (near Town Center mall) may be a place. Don't know anyone there, but there is a big parking lot next to it, and they've had car shows there in the past.

My son has his last basketball game this Sat from 1:30-2:30, but I may be up for it after that. I'll try to call manager there and see if we can have some spaces roped off.

Bill

I'm not an NSXCA member (for reasons beyond the scope of the conversation), but I'm up for whatever we work out meeting-wise.

CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST - Will try again later :smile:

OK, I set up event at the Hooters on Old Hwy 41 in Kennesaw for this Saturday, March 1 from 12:30-5:00. They will rope off the front parking spaces for us. Now that I've gone out on a limb, who will commit?:smile:

Just my luck, someone posted another event in Cobb at the same time.:rolleyes:

I need some RSVP's please. Let's show some support for the northwest ATL NSX meetings!

I'll contact our Southeast rep and see about what we can do for MSXCA members. Either way, if you have an NSX, show up!

Bill

Last edited:
...Just my luck, someone posted another event in Cobb at the same time.:rolleyes:

I need some RSVP's please. Let's show some support for the northwest ATL NSX meetings!
Bill

Thanks for taking the lead on this one Bill.

The Caffeine and Octane event is earlier in the morning and really showcases all types of cars versus any specific model. Always lots of classic muscle cars, Ferrari's, Porsche's, M3's, and a Lambo or Ford GT thrown in for good measure. It's a great group of people and I strongly encourage everyone to attend if it works out for them.

The NSX event you scheduled (for all of us) is later in the day and matches up well with the morning event.

While I'm not a big fan of Hooter's, I'll commit to both events and look forward to a Half-Saturday of solid motorhead fun. I wont be staying until the 5pm end-of event, but will defiantly be there for a few hours at least.

Stephen

The Hooter's event on Old Hwy 41 in Kennesaw has been CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST - only one taker :redface: . let's try again later :smile:

I am sorry. I am now just getting this. I have been out of town and my NSX is in the shop getting some goodies anyway. Please keep me posted on the next event!

yea im coming into this very late as well.

Usually when we plan something like this I send out an email to everyone so they know whats going on. I don't have the time anymore to put together events but shoot me an email and ill pass on everyones contact info so you can send out notices when you try to organize events.

Back