• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How 'bout that stock market?

Been quiet around here, guess people are losing money. I am going be like Ski and say "I told ya get short after the fed meeting" :)

I am washing some of my positions today. Getting rid of all commodity related crap and moving on. Bought some HD today. Deciding now what to do with my XHB from 18.21. The financial are moving up a bit. not looking too bad lucky me didn't buy them too high at this point. Maybe we can get back to ground zero, actually was on BAC this morning but didn't take it. off by 3 bucks on LEH and 2 bucks on C at this point. If we get back near even I am cashing out and I am going to do a major trading program with my account.

I have lost a lot of money over the last couple of weeks but the good news is I am still alive and healthy.

The real question is DID you get short or just tell us to get short.

Just wondering if maybe home depot will ever sell a 2x4 again LOL it sure seems really cheap right here.

Last edited:
Today is the first in a while I'm down all around. Gold fell apart and I only have 8% of my trading account in the QID.

Now comes the difficult part. I'm going to nowhere, Mexico in about an hour in the FJ cruiser and there is no internet, won't be back until Saturday. I ran some numbers and if I get the QID up to 10% and get the SKF at 2.5% I'm basically hedged unless oil and the dollar fall simultaniously. Not that big of deal regardless, I'm 40% cash as I have been for a month.

Today is the first in a while I'm down all around. Gold fell apart and I only have 8% of my trading account in the QID.

Now comes the difficult part. I'm going to nowhere, Mexico in about an hour in the FJ cruiser and there is no internet, won't be back until Saturday. I ran some numbers and if I get the QID up to 10% and get the SKF at 2.5% I'm basically hedged unless oil and the dollar fall simultaniously. Not that big of deal regardless, I'm 40% cash as I have been for a month.

There is a thread over on F-chat about what a persons biggest regrets are. There are many replies and the one I remember the most is, never go on vacation with out stop orders in place.:wink::smile:

Didn't post yesterday... so to catch us up. I lost pretty big yesterday. Frustrating part was i should've made about 70 bucks. Just missed one move in the morning that was too big for me.

Today was another similar case. I took a trade int he morning that was a great trade, target was 130 bucks, it went up to 120, i was sticking with it and trying not to chicken out, ended up reversing and tagging me out at 35 bucks. But it was managed well. Then i took a good trade in the afternoon that just didn't work, and reversed out of that into a long that tagged me out EXACTLY TO THE TICK for par (5.00) before running to my target at 150.00.... just one of those days...

But that being said, i'm not bummed, i'm trading well, and i'm going to be profitable this week! Net down 2.00 points or 4.00/contract on the week. I can make that up easy peasy!

rhsu51.jpg

There is a thread over on F-chat about what a persons biggest regrets are. There are many replies and the one I remember the most is, never go on vacation with out stop orders in place.:wink::smile:

That is very true, blowout #2 was sept 11th, was only long a few 1000 shares but I was screwed, lost about 20k in a week and that is a lot when you make 50k a year :)

Hey guys. I'm a new guy, and I just found this thread. This is a super long thread and I must admit that I didn't read all of it, but skimming through I didn't see very many trade recommendations in the futures, or options on futures. I'm a commodities broker specializing in options, and it's kind of a hobby of mine, to ask stock investors why they do not invest in limited risk options on futures? There's a ton of money to be made.

I don't want to in any way, advertise or anything like that so if this isn't welcome, just let me know.

Hey guys. I'm a new guy, and I just found this thread. This is a super long thread and I must admit that I didn't read all of it, but skimming through I didn't see very many trade recommendations in the futures, or options on futures. I'm a commodities broker specializing in options, and it's kind of a hobby of mine, to ask stock investors why they do not invest in limited risk options on futures? There's a ton of money to be made.

I don't want to in any way, advertise or anything like that so if this isn't welcome, just let me know.
Nooooooo, no advertisement here, a new member, 3 posts, no profile, no NSX, comes onto a website, immediately goes to the "How 'bout that stock market" thread, puts himself out as a "professional", says there's a ton of $$$ to be made, but isn't advertising? You've got to be kidding me!:eek:

soooo my data feed dies this morning... and i miss my textbook signal for a 125 bucks... more than enough to get me profitable on the week... only to have tradesation send out a message 5 minutes later saying "Market data may be stale or unavailable">.... NO SHIT SHERLOCK. DAHHHHH!!!!:mad:

Didn't even realize trading stopped today at 12:15... lol.

anyways, even with my missed trade in the am, still made some decent change...

2co1u6b.jpg

frustrating week, short week, but i made money and thats what counts!

Happy 4th weekend everyone! :smile:

Biotch slapped LEH today when it was a tad over 24 I sold the july 22.5's for 2.95:biggrin: Bought back the 27's for a sweet 60% gain. CB on this is now ~21.

Sure wish I lived in Ca. so the market would be closed this early every day.

Nooooooo, no advertisement here, a new member, 3 posts, no profile, no NSX, comes onto a website, immediately goes to the "How 'bout that stock market" thread, puts himself out as a "professional", says there's a ton of $$$ to be made, but isn't advertising? You've got to be kidding me!:eek:
That was kind of how I thought it would be received. You will hear no more out of me in this thread. But get used to me. I'll probably be here on prime for a while. :biggrin:

Thanks for the feedback. You had mentioned earlier that tax rate is different on currency trading. Can you elaborate?

It's a 60% 40% split if I remember right, 60% is long term gains 40% is short term gains so you don't get screwed as bad. I also have a Nevada corp setup. Again I just trade and don't do the tax stuff but the people that do my taxes are pretty sharp. :)

http://www.armencomp.com/futures-trading.html
http://www.traderslog.com/futures-trading-taxes.htm

Last edited:
Back from Mexico, I managed to get channel "8" and caught Jay Leno but no stock market data unfortunately. I came back half way expecting dow 10k but it's still there above 11k.

Of course ATVI had some legal action and got crushed while I was away and C shed another dollar but what can you expect. My QID was up 2%+ so it worked as a decent hedge.

Oil up and my refiner and rig constructor are down as well. If it was too easy it wouldn't be any fun.

The market is acting oddly today, trying to tell us something. SKF is almost off the charts. Some heavy hitters in the energy sector are getting pounded. Names are breaking down faster than I can go through my ticker list.

Back