• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do you change Comptech supercharger oil?

Don't do like me, thinking that a turkey baster will work. You'll end up with more oil all over the engine than you want to admit to.
redface.gif

Instead, buy a hand-held vacuum pump at the car parts store. I think a name brand is Mighty Vac. It comes with its own reservoir and a variety of tubing sizes and lengths. Stick one end of the tubing down into the supercharger and pump away. It will fill the reservoir about 1-1/2 times, before the oil level is so low that no more oil can be sucked out of the supercharger.

good question. here's my approach:

first, i unscrew the dipstick and place the cap in a safe place. next, i use the nose pivot adapter, lift the rear of the car up a bit and, when i've got the momentum-thing, just invert the car and let the oil drain out of the plug :>) piece of cake unless it's *really* cold (the oil is slow to drain in those situations). i'll make sure i get some pics and post them the next time i do this.

serially, i'd ping comptech and ask their procedure: [email protected]

be well.
hal

The procedure I described was given to me by the person that has installed more NSX Comptech superchargers than anybody else - Mark Basch.

Back