• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How does the NSX compare to the 911?

you missed my post then, #8 :frown:

it sounds as though your "boring" opinion of the Porsche is more based on the fact that they're common and not an NSX. drive a Turbo, it's anything and everything but boring...
Actually i was referring to turbos too :/ (just not any GT variants). Theyre very much the same dynamic, jus more power imo. I have driven everything porsche has to offer, including the new 991 gt3rs and a 918

And sorry for missing ur post #8 haha

True story, after owning the GT3 the TT does feel rather boring.

Though I will say the NSX ins't exactly the pinnacle of excitement either... comparable to the Turbo but far more presence if you ask me.

Actually i was referring to turbos too :/ (just not any GT variants). They're very much the same dynamic, just more power imo. I have driven everything porsche has to offer, including the new 991 gt3rs and a 918

And sorry for missing ur post #8 haha

thank you, my feelings were hurt. but i cried it out and now i'm good. :biggrin:

if you've driven all of those cars, i can't possibly imagine how you could say that a 911 is boring. i love my NSX, still my favourite car of all time. but honestly, performance-wise a Cayman will kick its arse anywhere, any time. and a 911 will outdaily drive an NSX on top of that, and you can pick up not one, but two kids from school if you want as an added bonus.

True story, after owning the GT3 the TT does feel rather boring.

Though I will say the NSX ins't exactly the pinnacle of excitement either... comparable to the Turbo but far more presence if you ask me.

i will admit, i do prefer the look and "presence" of my NSX to that of any Porsche. for sure, no comparison. i think Porsche's look great, the only downside is there are so many of them, especially here in L.A.

and to be honest, i find the 911 Turbo S to be a lot more entertaining than the GT3 (and certainly an NSX). the way in which it generates speed is absurd, and it's AWD system is amazing the way you can feel the front clawing out of turns. the GT3 (regular) just feels slow in comparison. much sharper, but slower. i just enjoy the maniac boost of the Turbo i guess? call me crazy, but keeping that thing spooled up and pointed straight is a riot!

thank you, my feelings were hurt. but i cried it out and now i'm good. :biggrin:

if you've driven all of those cars, i can't possibly imagine how you could say that a 911 is boring. i love my NSX, still my favourite car of all time. but honestly, performance-wise a Cayman will kick its arse anywhere, any time. and a 911 will outdaily drive an NSX on top of that, and you can pick up not one, but two kids from school if you want as an added bonus.

lol okay mayb boring was the wrong word, bc you're right theyre really not, and i really do love the 911, and the purists here are about to hate me, but after the 993, to me each 911 is basically just a more modern powerful version than the last, save for the GT's, so each time a new one comes out, you'll just want the newer one as long as you like the looks. What i was getting at is i like experiences that cant be recreated. Here's where im coming from: I know how fast the 991 turbo s is in a straight line, its insane, and this side of a million, no stock car will really touch it in the real world; gearing, launch and engine bias are just too good. but then take my friends switzer 800 997 turbo,for sale at 90k (half a turbo s), will eat any 991 in straight, bonus(to some): its a manual. He's recreated the holy sh*t experience of the 991 turbo s, minus the interior and a few tech peices that are really only noticeable on track or that you'll only ever use twice while owning the car.

But as for your practicallity comment, fun fact: I once saw a woman with 991 cab with 4 kids in is lol she was winning at life

49eee5eb6a1fd5346e952bfff200673f.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The fourth is already in the back seat, can barely see the hair ha

Back